Long pressing to remove doesn't work. Not on Marshmallow, and I don't think in stock Lollipop either.
    At 00:20: Long press to have option to hide tiles
    Trisk333 likes this.
    11-20-15 11:40 PM
    Long pressing to remove doesn't work. Not on Marshmallow, and I don't think in stock Lollipop either.
    Yeah, I said it should do it in lollipop NOT Marshmallow. Someone already posted this link, but I'll post it again. There's even a YouTube video in this link showing that long pressing to hide works in standard lollipop so since nobody on the priv running lollipop wants to test, I don't really care.

I was just trying to help the OP but there are too many "I can'ts" in this thread and it's wearing me down. I'm sure I'll do it on my Priv in a couple of days.

Good luck all!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/03...easily-hidden/

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-21-15 12:07 AM
    At 00:20: Long press to have option to hide tiles
    At least someone in this thread can say "I can!" :-)

11-21-15 12:18 AM
    Well that's news to me. It was removed in Marshmallow, likely because System Tuner exists.
    11-21-15 12:16 PM
    Well that's news to me. It was removed in Marshmallow, likely because System Tuner exists.
    ....and here's how to do it in Marshmallow. You're welcome :-)

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Heres...mallow_id74430

Last edited by Trisk333; 11-21-15 at 02:09 PM.
    11-21-15 01:55 PM
    ....and here's how to do it in Marshmallow. You're welcome :-)

Here's how to add, remove, and re-arrange the Quick Settings tiles in Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Like I said, System Tuner. I meant the ability to hold on and remove icons doesn't work in Marshmallow.
    Trisk333 likes this.
    11-21-15 03:49 PM
    Like I said, System Tuner. I meant the ability to hold on and remove icons doesn't work in Marshmallow.
    I knew what you meant. I did that for any newbies coming to the thread because the way you worded it made it sound like M took a step backwards instead of improving upon the implementation

11-21-15 03:55 PM
    See if this helps:

http://gadgetguideonline.com/android...roid-lollipop/

Thanks, bud. UI Tuner is a really cool stuff. The only shame is there is nothing to add, only to remove (
    12-27-17 03:49 PM
    I knew what you meant. I did that for any newbies coming to the thread because the way you worded it made it sound like M took a step backwards instead of improving upon the implementation

So you said some stuff about how you do it on your S6. Well I don't think you realized, that Samsung is using more or less a completely different user interface than other android devices by having developed their own "touchwizart". so some quarks you are able to use on a galaxy device aren't available for other android devices. Having the additional quick settings like inverted color, mobile hotspot or screen rotation are unaddable and unavailable on the blackberry modified android. I don't know how it is with other android devices because I only had Galaxy and BlackBerry Phones so far.
    02-03-18 04:07 PM
    So you said some stuff about how you do it on your S6. Well I don't think you realized, that Samsung is using more or less a completely different user interface than other android devices by having developed their own "touchwizart". so some quarks you are able to use on a galaxy device aren't available for other android devices. Having the additional quick settings like inverted color, mobile hotspot or screen rotation are unaddable and unavailable on the blackberry modified android. I don't know how it is with other android devices because I only had Galaxy and BlackBerry Phones so far.
    Really old post but my answer was for M in general and was a feature available for all M users. I'm long passed my S6 now though, loving my Priv for the past two years and hoping one of the new rumored KB devices from BlackBerry is another slider.

Speaking of the Priv, even today some coworkers look at my phone with wonder and seem interested even though they've never heard of it. Seems like poor marketing since I think more people are interested in that form factor than articles put out on how undated it is all the time would lead people to believe
    Last edited by Trisk333; 02-06-18 at 09:37 PM. Reason: spelling
    S_Ninja likes this.
    02-06-18 09:36 PM
    Really old post but my answer was for M in general and was a feature available for all M users. I'm long passed my S6 now though, loving my Priv for the past two years and hoping one of the new rumored KB devices from BlackBerry is another slider.

Speaking of the Priv, even today some coworkers look at my phone with wonder and seem interested even though they've never heard of it. Seems like poor marketing since I think more people are interested in that form factor than articles put out on how undated it is all the time would lead people to believe
    Though it was a bit more recent but yes I don't have a 2 Year experience but the two months I had we're enough to have me preferring the PRIV by far over the S6. And it's just the same, when friends or family put some hands on it they are really interested but never heard of it. Someone is even now thinking about getting one himself. I guess BlackBerry needs some more marketing and stuff.
    02-06-18 11:00 PM
36 12