11:00 and at 18% , 29hrs since last charge and the battery monitor appears to be indicating properly, since the phone hasn't gone dead yet. General email and text correspondence, browsing associated with work, 4 phone calls and 30mins of listening to some music at my desk. I'm grudgingly becoming impressed with this Priv in SOME areas, battery being one of them.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I had a phone with a 5000 mAh battery before Priv so I'm not impressed at all.
    That one gave me around 8-10 hours of screen on time, and I seem to be getting 5-6 with Priv. I'm still getting used to seeing charge percentage drop im front of my eyes while using the phone.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    08-31-16 12:22 PM
    Your experience is fairly close to what I get, I'm on MM now, but did only somewhat worse on L.
    How may social apps are you running with all settings at default? I'm guessing none.
    Ditto for interactive chat apps, like snapchat and whatsapp.
    08-31-16 12:25 PM
    My battery monitor is very sketchy as well, and has been from the beginning. But I wanted to comment that I really like the OP's screen wallpaper!
    Wezard and rotorwrench like this.
    08-31-16 12:36 PM
    I took a screenshot at noon, and went to lunch about 12:45, last battery state of charge I noticed while reading and browsing was 9%, and she shut down about 13:30. So all in all, from unplugging at 6am yesterday morning to 13:30 today with moderate use interspaced with periods of heavy use, the battery lasted for 31.5 hrs.

Much better than I expected and except for the first couple of hours after coming off the charger I would say that the battery monitor display is fairly accurate, at least for now.

I believe disabling a number of pre-installed carrier and Google apps has had a significant effect on battery life, because my battery life of the last charge cycle appears to be better than reported averages, but that's speculation and also a representation of one charge cycle, your results may vary Needless to say, I am pleased with the battery life so far, knowing it could change at any time but surprised it would even approach my Z30 battery life.

Attached Thumbnails Accuracy of battery state indicator?-3205.jpg  
    FF22 likes this.
    08-31-16 03:37 PM
    Your experience is fairly close to what I get, I'm on MM now, but did only somewhat worse on L.
    How may social apps are you running with all settings at default? I'm guessing none.
    Ditto for interactive chat apps, like snapchat and whatsapp.
    You guessed wrong. My social accts that I get notifications and respond to that would effect battery are Twitter (very active), BBM, LinkedIn, Periscope and limited use of Instagram. I also have 5 email accts (3 being work related) that are either push or polled every 5 minutes. I don't do FB nor Whatsapp, which are definite resource hogs.

That being said, I'm not constantly responding to those notifications during the day because I work for a living, so I catch up at a break or lunch, but I'm receiving posts, tweets or feeds throughout the day.

Last edited by rotorwrench; 08-31-16 at 04:43 PM.
    08-31-16 04:30 PM
    I wouldn't consider BBM or Linkedin social apps, (linked in would technically be a business social app, at least sometimes).
    Honestly have no idea what Periscope is. I do use Facebook, but all notifications, location and etc are off, in other words it uses negligible resources until I decide to open and use it.
    2 business emails set for 15 min, (anything thats needs faster attention than that, people will call me or text anyway) 1 personal set at 30 min.

So, sounds like you are using more resources than I, and given that you are still on Lollipop , I'm really tempted to put you in the outlier category.
    Which in this case is a good thing.

And I enjoyed the 'blow by blow' report, thank you.
    08-31-16 08:18 PM
    I wouldn't consider BBM or Linkedin social apps, (linked in would technically be a business social app, at least sometimes).
    Honestly have no idea what Periscope is. I do use Facebook, but all notifications, location and etc are off, in other words it uses negligible resources until I decide to open and use it.
    2 business emails set for 15 min, (anything thats needs faster attention than that, people will call me or text anyway) 1 personal set at 30 min.

So, sounds like you are using more resources than I, and given that you are still on Lollipop , I'm really tempted to put you in the outlier category.
    Which in this case is a good thing.

And I enjoyed the 'blow by blow' report, thank you.
    By definition, any app that is designed as a communication, sharing and interactive tool is classified as a social app. All those I listed are tools for communicating, sharing and interacting with others, ptp or groups.

LinkedIn is definitely a business social app if you use it as designed and how most use it now, for social networking.

Periscope would be considered the Twitter of video.

If Whatsapp is a social app then what do you consider BBM, which performs the same function? It's the definition of real-time interaction. Curious

As for battery drainage, as I said, of the apps I listed, I don't usually interact with them much during the work day except for specific contacts and business associated responses in BBM and LinkedIn and none except BBM would I consider a resource hogs, and it pales in comparison to Whatsapp in that regard. Most use of them is during breaks or lunch and primarily after work, correspondingly I don't have the drainage or resource use a more socially active person does, who either doesn't work or has a job that has much more free time or flexibility than I do. There are times when I have to mute or remove myself from BBM groups that get too active.

As I stated, that was essentially one and a half days of monitoring and without a doubt some days will be less impressive and hopefully some days better. Time will tell if this example ends up being the exception or the rule. I will post on this thread major changes. Thanks for participating

08-31-16 11:45 PM
    By definition, any app that is designed as a communication, sharing and interactive tool is classified as a social app. All those I listed are tools for communicating, sharing and interacting with others, ptp or groups.

LinkedIn is definitely a business social app if you use it as designed and how most use it now, for social networking.

Periscope would be considered the Twitter of video.

If Whatsapp is a social app then what do you consider BBM, which performs the same function? It's the definition of real-time interaction. Curious
    Since when are WhatsApp and BBM considered social apps? I'd call them instant messaging apps. Social would imply a possibility of some sort of connecting to other people, public profiles and posts, sharing etc. Whatsapp and BBM don't have that, their only purpose is IM. We used ICQ and MSN messenger before anyone even coined the term social media or social apps.

By your definition, Phone and SMS app would also be social apps, wouldn't they?

Not that anything's wrong if you want to define it that way, but to me it's a little weird...
    Wezard likes this.
    09-01-16 12:55 AM
    I classify social apps by how they are used by the majority. Technically not accurate, but for real world purposes, a much more accurate indicator of phone usage.

Whatsapp is a good example, eats through battery, have to charge phone at least twice a day. Plenty of other methods of doing the same thing with reasonable resource use, but people would rather put up with it's deficiency's than use something else.
    Why? Because all their friends use it, it's socially unacceptable to not use it in their circle. That, to me, puts it firmly in the social app category.
    09-01-16 07:41 AM
    I seem to run down roughly 25% of my battery during a work day.

Just email texts and web browsing.
    No video games etc.
    Excellent battery life so far although i have not completely discharged and thus reset the battery indicator on this one month old Marshmallow priv.
    09-01-16 03:33 PM
    If you have only been using your BlackBerry Priv for a few days the battery and the battery monitor take a few charge cycles to properly calibrate. In my experience with this smartphone the battery monitor is highly accurate. For the record, I have been using the BlackBerry Priv since its release in Canada.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    09-01-16 03:48 PM
    Use an app called "Battery log" to monitoring the battery.
    09-10-16 05:05 AM
37 12