I'm an *****. I accidentally uninstalled bb launcher on my priv while i was in the google play store i looked up bb launcher and accidentally clicked on the uninstall button. Now all my apps on my home screens have disappeared. They are still there if i tap on the white round button. Google Play won't let me re-install it. It says it's already installed. But when i look for it in the settings app section it's not there. When i try to re-load it from my computer after connecting my priv to my computer it shows "installed". I don't get it. Anyone know what i should do?
    05-02-16 11:49 PM
    Lmao!!!! I'm sry
    I guess u gotta do the factory reset then
    05-03-16 12:00 AM
    I'm an *****. I accidentally uninstalled bb launcher on my priv while i was in the google play store i looked up bb launcher and accidentally clicked on the uninstall button. Now all my apps on my home screens have disappeared. They are still there if i tap on the white round button. Google Play won't let me re-install it. It says it's already installed. But when i look for it in the settings app section it's not there. When i try to re-load it from my computer after connecting my priv to my computer it shows "installed". I don't get it. Anyone know what i should do?
    Go to the App Settings again. You can scroll the columns (not that easy to do) and see more columns to the right. Look to see if it is there. Oh, it is missing from there? Try the following and see if you can install it after that.

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.
    05-03-16 12:06 AM
    Thank you. I found it in system apps. When I open it the disable button is grayed out. Looks like it is disabled. Do you know how to re-enable/activate it?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-03-16 12:15 AM
    Hi. I'm know nothing what so ever about android just curious. How is it possible to delete the launcher? I thought apps like that would be sorta "deep in the os" system level. You would need root to Remove like some bloatware that can't be deleted.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 12:17 AM
    Looks like the bb launcher is still on the phone. not deleted, but it shows disabled. how do i re-activate it?
    05-03-16 12:19 AM
    Try the following : go to settings - apps-disabled, and see if you can enable it from there

05-03-16 12:48 AM
    When I go to settings I only see 'Apps'. When I click on it I don't see anywhere 'disable apps'. Where do I find disabled apps?

05-03-16 01:06 AM
    When I go to settings I only see 'Apps'. When I click on it I don't see anywhere 'disable apps'. Where do I find disabled apps?

Click all apps, there will be a drop down menu. click disable and it will show all disable apps. click the apps you want to enable it
    05-03-16 03:31 AM

When you're in Settings - Apps, just swipe all the way to the right to see the deactivated system apps.
    05-03-16 03:47 AM
    Why can't you just download from the Play Store? It is there.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...launcher&hl=en

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 05:28 AM
    Sorry, I meant download from your Web browser. If not then go to Settings, and in the apps menu, try to enable. Otherwise, start backing up your stuff and get set for a reset.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 05:31 AM
    Hi. I'm know nothing what so ever about android just curious. How is it possible to delete the launcher? I thought apps like that would be sorta "deep in the os" system level. You would need root to Remove like some bloatware that can't be deleted.

Posted via CB10
    It's not, but you can disable parts of the system. For example, I disabled T-Mobile's pre-installed, battery draining account app.

Anyway, this is easy people. Go to system settings > Apps then swipe over to the disabled tab and you should see the launcher there. Click on it, then hit the enable button.

05-03-16 05:50 AM
    Interesting situation. Perhaps what OP has done is uninstalled the updates for the launcher, since that is all you are able to do with system apps, and in doing so, it reverted to stock or some such. I mean, from OPs description, they clearly have a launcher of some kind still installed, whether it's 3rd party or BB. I'm tempted to think it still is the stock launcher, but by uninstalling updates, OP cleared the app's data, so you'll just have to stick icons back on your desktop. Just open the app drawer (white circle) and press and hold whatever apps you want to make shortcuts to on your desktop.
    05-03-16 08:06 AM

Go to Settings/Apps...then swipe over a couple of screens to the list of Disabled apps. Select BlackBerry Launcher and see if the Enable button is active.

05-03-16 08:14 AM
    If all else fails, can he install cobalt's apk? (forget it. I see that the play store is telling him that it's already installed).
    05-05-16 09:05 AM
    If all else fails, can he install cobalt's apk? (forget it. I see that the play store is telling him that it's already installed).
    05-05-16 09:24 AM
    Thanks you guys for being cool and responding. I ended up backing up my stuff and doing a hard reset and now my phone works great. All the best.
    FF22 and anon(8063781) like this.
    05-05-16 09:25 AM