Send it back and wait for the MASSIVE BETA TEST to finish. I feel this was poorly executed.

I bought the Priv on pre-order on 10/21. I've been using it for about two weeks... Today I took the SIM out of it and put it back in my Passport. I'm sending back the Priv. Unfortunately Android was way too unstable and had bad battery life. Google play services kept crashing, text messages would constantly fail to send, I didn't get as good cellular reception in my apartment as I got with the Passport and the hub on the Priv is nothing remotely close to as efficient or effective as the hub in BB OS 10. I had factory reset the phone numerous times trying to address the issues, but they always continued to occur. I had nothing but excitement for the Priv and totally ignored the naysayers, but after a full two week experience I'm praying that they continue with BB OS, it's just simply the best mobile phone operating system on Earth. Who knows maybe the Android experiment improves, but I don't want to be the guinea pig in that experiment. I simply need my phone to be reliable and always work and not a glorified app launcher. After all they still are primarily communication devices.
    lift, FF22 and kertong like this.
    11-21-15 09:30 PM
    Wrong. HTC used a Snapdragon 810 which overheated a lot.
    Priv uses a Snapdragon 808 which isnt known for overheating.
    While its a software issue, its something on Blackberry's end. If LG can sort it out, there's no reason Blackberry cant.
    But give it time, even LG with their experience of android had to take more then 2 weeks to sort out their overheating issues
    If the issue is BlackBerry Android or the hardware then everyone should be experiencing the overheating. There is probably an application drawing much of the battery power causing the overheating. The Settings option allows you to identify those applications and either remove the application or reconfigure its behaviour. Good luck and enjoy the BlackBerry Priv running BlackBerry Android.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    darkehawke likes this.
    11-21-15 09:42 PM
    Htc m9 also got really hot and drained fast. It's just android. It isn't the phone.
    HTC M9 used the Snapdragon 810, known to have issues. It's not Android. It's the PRIV.
    11-23-15 12:47 AM
    My Priv gets really hot sometimes. This is ridiculous. Also it takes forever for it to charge up and drains pretty fast.

The heat this phone gives off at times is really horrible, theres no way a phone should be this hot at all. And no don't tell me I need to dead all the apps because its hot with absolutely no apps open and screen brightness low. Thinking of returning my second Priv and getting another, 3rd times the charm?
    Are you using the charger and cable supplied by BlackBerry?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    11-23-15 12:54 AM
    @darkehawk.. Atleast gingerbread and than kitkat were bug free.. even in Android M the issue continues..

Blackberry Z30
    11-23-15 01:01 AM
30 12