I honestly haven't been this excited about a new phone in a long time. When I heard that Blackberry was working on an Android phone earlier this year, I was simply interested in it because of the physical keyboard aspect. Now, as I read more about its features, see more screenshots, videos, reviews, etc., I couldn't be more impressed.

Sure, the price could have been lower, but it's much easier to lower the price than raise it, so the pricing strategy makes sense and I don't mind paying a premium for the Privilege of getting it now.

For someone like me who considered Blackberry to be a dead brand to spend my hard-earned $699 on the Priv instead of the Samsung phone I was planning to buy says something about the Priv's potential to attract new customers. Exciting times.
    10-29-15 08:59 PM
    Out of curiosity have you ever used a blackberry phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 09:15 PM
    Out of curiosity have you ever used a blackberry phone.

Posted via CB10
    I owned a Passport for a couple of weeks and although I liked it and wanted to make it work, I found that some of the apps I sideloaded through Snap wouldn't work because they required Google Services to run. I considered carrying two phones, but that wasn't practical so I returned it and figured Blackberry just wasn't for me. I've missed the Hub and keyboard ever since, though.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by Gadget Fann; 10-29-15 at 09:42 PM.
    DolemiteDONS and MO3iusONE like this.
    10-29-15 09:19 PM
    I owned a Passport for a couple of weeks and although I liked it and wanted to make it work, I found that some of the apps I sideloaded through Snap wouldn't work because they required Google Services to run. I considered carrying two phones, but that wasn't practical so I returned it and figured Blackberry just wasn't for me. I've missed the Hub and keyboard ever since, though.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Same. A lot are in the same boat that had a bb10 device, really wanted to make it work but just couldn't. I'm ready for bb first android.
    10-29-15 09:44 PM
    the wait is literally unbearable .
    totaldynamic likes this.
    10-29-15 09:56 PM
    Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 09:57 PM
    I honestly haven't been this excited about a new phone in a long time. When I heard that Blackberry was working on an Android phone earlier this year, I was simply interested in it because of the physical keyboard aspect. Now, as I read more about its features, see more screenshots, videos, reviews, etc., I couldn't be more impressed.

Sure, the price could have been lower, but it's much easier to lower the price than raise it, so the pricing strategy makes sense and I don't mind paying a premium for the Privilege of getting it now.

For someone like me who considered Blackberry to be a dead brand to spend my hard-earned $699 on the Priv instead of the Samsung phone I was planning to buy says something about the Priv's potential to attract new customers. Exciting times.
    I agree and I have even tried using iPhone 6 for 3 months but went back to BlackBerry for productivity. This is why I can't wait. It's the best of all world's with Priv in one device. Tired of manipulation of apps. No longer! An All in one device. So excited!!!!!!!!

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    10-29-15 10:19 PM
    Sorry I can't share your excitement, I waited almost four years for a slider to replace my 9810 and when it finally arrives it's an Android phone, no thanks.
    10-29-15 10:20 PM
    7 more days!-what-you-did-there-i-see-.thumbnail.jpg
    Gadget Fann likes this.
    10-29-15 10:49 PM
    Same. A lot are in the same boat that had a bb10 device, really wanted to make it work but just couldn't. I'm ready for bb first android.
    In the same boat too. There are a lot out there.
    10-29-15 11:22 PM
    Woot woott!!
    10-29-15 11:23 PM
    So - just wondering. Based on how digital rivers phrases it, do you expect your device to ship on 11/6 and arrive in the next couple days (possibly the following Monday) or do you expect it will arrive en casa on Friday the 6th? I hope it gets here on Friday... obviously!!!
    kertong likes this.
    10-29-15 11:35 PM
    So - just wondering. Based on how digital rivers phrases it, do you expect your device to ship on 11/6 and arrive in the next couple days (possibly the following Monday) or do you expect it will arrive en casa on Friday the 6th? I hope it gets here on Friday... obviously!!!
    I'm really hoping it arrives either before or on the 6tb
    10-30-15 12:07 AM
    If payment was taken from my bank account (I used PayPal) on the 26th, would that usually mean shipment is soon? I'm with Resilience when he said:

the wait is literally unbearable .
    10-30-15 04:06 AM
    I have z10,q10 and passport and he'll Yea I will buy the Priv too and will keep Tham all,
    But for me I am curios on some videos it says that PRIV have front camera 5mp while in carphone Says 2mp that's annoy me

Waiting for a full review of phone than will order

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 04:35 AM
    7 Days...

7 more days!-ring-2002.jpg
    10-30-15 06:16 AM
    I'm jealous of you guys!

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2514
    10-30-15 07:09 AM
    Sorry I can't share your excitement, I waited almost four years for a slider to replace my 9810 and when it finally arrives it's an Android phone, no thanks.
    Oh well, at least you're not making a big deal about it...
    totaldynamic likes this.
    10-30-15 07:18 AM
    Don't forget the 6th is a Friday, so if the orders are not shipping out until the 6th, it will be the Monday it arrives

"I roll with 2 passports, 1 for travelling and 1 for communicating"
    10-30-15 07:20 AM
    Sadly they are not shipping until the day of the 6th. At most 5-6 business days after that you will receive. I'm hoping Rogers has in stock on 6th

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    10-30-15 07:27 AM
    I'm so excited for Priv too. The best BlackBerry ever made.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 08:38 AM
    I've used for the most part in my digital life used a BlackBerry device due to the keyboard typing accuracy! I've switched briefly to a samsung note and still use an android tablet alongside my Passport!

For me the biggest issue is syncronizing contacts and calendar entries in outlook and could always use a side app to sync but I'm waiting to hea what the native solution is. I do miss Google play services with the few apps that I use that require that,however I've already reserved my device at Rogers Wireless.

 вιaсĸвεггч� Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2639 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    10-30-15 03:40 PM
    Oh well, at least you're not making a big deal about it...
    Of course not Blackberry hardware belongs with Blackberry software, that's all I want.
    10-30-15 11:46 PM