Care to share the steps for disabling sync?
    04-15-16 05:33 AM
    4 hrs SOT and counting today, with battery at 40%. Some emails, texts, Facebook and some browsing, and watched a 2 hour movie, and half hour of 8 Ball Pool.

I've taken a lot of time going thru each app settings to disable any unneeded syncing (especially Google accounts), all updates set to only go via WiFi while plugged in, disabled unnecessary app location access, etc. Disabled unnecessary Google Apps, disabled the auto-adjusting screen brightness and keep screen at about 30% brightness. Found Chrome is a massive battery hog and disabled that in favor of Firefox which doesn't turn the device into a hot iron like Chrome did. And I run all in one toolbox every few days to clean things out. Disabled vibrations, and haptic feedback for keyboard and screen touches. Keep location services off unless I'm using Google maps.

Just take some time to tweak the settings and get rid of stuff you don't need and the battery isn't bad at all.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    This is why I don't like Android.

Posted via CB10
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    04-15-16 05:45 AM
    4 hrs SOT and counting today, with battery at 40%. Some emails, texts, Facebook and some browsing, and watched a 2 hour movie, and half hour of 8 Ball Pool.

I've taken a lot of time going thru each app settings to disable any unneeded syncing (especially Google accounts), all updates set to only go via WiFi while plugged in, disabled unnecessary app location access, etc. Disabled unnecessary Google Apps, disabled the auto-adjusting screen brightness and keep screen at about 30% brightness. Found Chrome is a massive battery hog and disabled that in favor of Firefox which doesn't turn the device into a hot iron like Chrome did. And I run all in one toolbox every few days to clean things out. Disabled vibrations, and haptic feedback for keyboard and screen touches. Keep location services off unless I'm using Google maps.

Just take some time to tweak the settings and get rid of stuff you don't need and the battery isn't bad at all.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Hi,
    I've done the same steps (I do this regularly on every new phone), but still can't pass 5 hours SOT at all (meaning <10 % left). That really sucks... It's an almost same bad battery life as on old Xperia V.
    04-28-17 04:28 PM
    One thing I have done to improve battery life is to go under data usage and disable background data for apps that you determine don't require it.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-29-17 08:32 AM
    Update on this,

Instagram and Facebook were the problems.

I rebooted my device , re installed everything but those 2 and boom, 1 year old priv giving me 4 hours sot
    05-02-17 03:01 AM
    Update on this,

Instagram and Facebook were the problems.

I rebooted my device , re installed everything but those 2 and boom, 1 year old priv giving me 4 hours sot
    Then how will you use Instagram and Facebook then? Yeah those 2 apps are battery hogs, nothing much we can do about them except they redo all the coding, perhaps that will solve the issue.
    05-02-17 08:01 PM
    Then how will you use Instagram and Facebook then? Yeah those 2 apps are battery hogs, nothing much we can do about them except they redo all the coding, perhaps that will solve the issue.
    You can still install app "Greenify" and set those two power-hungry apps to be hibernated automatically, so they don't run in the background.

Posted via CB10 using my  Q10!
    FF22 likes this.
    05-06-17 01:32 PM
    I get 3 hours average. Lucky if I start pushing 4.

I have FB, Insta, Snapchat on my device.

Idc, I want the app's
    05-08-17 04:03 PM
    I get 3 hours average. Lucky if I start pushing 4.

I have FB, Insta, Snapchat on my device.

Idc, I want the app's
    I don't know about Instagram and Snapchat, but I use Swipe for FB: it goes through the mobile web site or some such instead of the constant background pinging that FB itself is doing.

I usually get more than 24 hours, although I was on the phone several times recently and noticed that my battery had drained substantially. So, the phone seems to drain quickly with calls.
    05-08-17 04:13 PM
    Fact is that battery life of the Priv seems to vary greatly from Priv to Priv.

With my Priv, it's flat out impossible to get more than 4.5h SOT. And that's without using any games or other CPU intensive apps. I unplug my Priv fully charged, browse using Chrome for about 4h at about 25% brightness and it's dead.
    (And gets uncomfortably warm, more than 100F)
    My guess would be build quality issues, i.e. differences in heat dispersal, but could be anything really. Faulty SoC, anything
    I stopped using Chrome a few days after getting my Priv. It would get way too hot. Tried using Dolphin which I liked but it also gets warn, not hot. I find ths Firefox doesn't get warm but is a little slow.
    05-08-17 08:42 PM
    Now I know for sure why I have good battery life. I don't have any of those social networking apps. If I ever got those apps, I am pretty much telling my phone to take battery life away.
    05-08-17 08:58 PM
    I stopped using Chrome a few days after getting my Priv. It would get way too hot. Tried using Dolphin which I liked but it also gets warn, not hot. I find ths Firefox doesn't get warm but is a little slow.
    I went from Chrome to Brave (mostly for the sweet lion icon) to Yandex. I don't notice any heat with Yandex plus it's pretty quick. Address bar at the bottom is reminiscent of BB10 as well.
    05-08-17 09:15 PM
37 12