Alright guys, this one's a trip so I'm hoping the trusty BlackBerry community can assist! I just got a priv two days ago. Yesterday I had it on battery saver with the lowest brightness all day, died at 4 pm (I unplugged it at 7:50 am). Today (actually as I was typing this the first time) it died at three; no battery saver mode, and brightness at half with no top ups of the battery. I've tried a number of things to remedy my tragic battery as most of the reviews I watched claimed 4-5 hrs of on screen time (which is actually really good for me at least) but I haven't been getting that the past two days. I'm hoping you guys can toss out any priv battery tips you've got (and hopefully I haven't tried them all) and we can work on this together! Also, I've read the battery gets better after the first week, if anyone can confirm that would be great! Thanks so much! (yes, I've ordered a quick charger. Comes in on Friday (two days).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-25-15 02:11 PM
    Wait another week, then complain again!
    11-25-15 02:14 PM
    I don't have a PRIV but have been watching the threads. Steps should include:
    1. Update ALL of the BB apps to the latest versions.
    2. Disable any of the 3G cell services if you have LTE. Some people have noticed huge battery savings because it seemed to be flipping between 3G and LTE.
    11-25-15 02:17 PM
    I feel some Privs may have defective batteries.

My Fiance and I both have Privs. I get ~5-5.5hrs SOT, she gets around 4 1/2 due to apps like Facebook and Instagram that I don't use. Both pretty good battery life, especially considering both have smartwatches that trigger the Lollipop wakelock bug that prevents sleep even with screen off.

A coworker of mine loved my Priv and got his own...which got TERRIBLE battery life, 2.5-3hrs SOT! I tried factory resetting it, wiping data and cache, etc. The kicker is, we both have the same service provider working in the same building - but he has no smartwatch, sleeps properly, brightness lower then mine, location services turned off and mine is on, BT turned off with mine on, all animations disabled, one email account vs my 3, etc...we tried EVERYTHING. We were not able to figure it out so he ended up returning it and going back to his iPhone.

Based on settings, he should have been getting way better battery life then me but when working the same day my phone on the same network with way more draining setting turned on consistently went through the day at 25-30% more battery and ran way cooler. His was an oven in hs hands.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    11-25-15 02:43 PM
    I don't have a PRIV but have been watching the threads. Steps should include:
    1. Update ALL of the BB apps to the latest versions.
    2. Disable any of the 3G cell services if you have LTE. Some people have noticed huge battery savings because it seemed to be flipping between 3G and LTE.
    It won't let me not have 3G as an option so I changed it so 2G wasn't although I don't think I've ever been on 2G

11-25-15 04:43 PM
    I feel some Privs may have defective batteries.

My Fiance and I both have Privs. I get ~5-5.5hrs SOT, she gets around 4 1/2 due to apps like Facebook and Instagram that I don't use. Both pretty good battery life, especially considering both have smartwatches that trigger the Lollipop wakelock bug that prevents sleep even with screen off.

A coworker of mine loved my Priv and got his own...which got TERRIBLE battery life, 2.5-3hrs SOT! I tried factory resetting it, wiping data and cache, etc. The kicker is, we both have the same service provider working in the same building - but he has no smartwatch, sleeps properly, brightness lower then mine, location services turned off and mine is on, BT turned off with mine on, all animations disabled, one email account vs my 3, etc...we tried EVERYTHING. We were not able to figure it out so he ended up returning it and going back to his iPhone.

Based on settings, he should have been getting way better battery life then me but when working the same day my phone on the same network with way more draining setting turned on consistently went through the day at 25-30% more battery and ran way cooler. His was an oven in hs hands.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    Mine does get quite hot, but still I heard that was normal

11-25-15 04:43 PM
    Wait another week, then complain again!
    I'm taking it in to where I got it today! It's been two days, and I haven't seen a solid report on it getting better after a week

11-25-15 04:44 PM
    I have the same issues.

Don't know what is going on with it.

11-25-15 10:03 PM