Hi I'm new in this forum and I have many doubts. First I threw my Sony Z3 and my Huawei P8 to buy two Blackberry: a Passport and a Priv. I say I'm in another world that I lost for 20 years, thanks to exist BB .... for another 100 years.
    However I have seen so much confusion about it and i not find the simple solution.
    As you synchronize your Priv with a PC and a Mac in 2017? It is a solution? Because this brings me many difficulties and it is impossible that ar not a simple solution that everyone in the world can use. Please help me.
    P.S. sorry but my English is not my native language
    Last edited by vincenzoderose; 04-10-17 at 08:11 AM.
    04-10-17 08:00 AM
    Hi I'm new in this forum and I have many doubts. First I threw my Sony Z3 and my Huawei P8 to buy two Blackberry: a Passport and a Priv. I say I'm in another world that I lost for 20 years, thanks to exist BB .... for another 100 years.
    However I have seen so much confusion about it and i not find the simple solution.
    As you synchronize your Priv with a PC and a Mac in 2017? It is a solution? Because this brings me many difficulties and it is impossible that ar not a simple solution that everyone in the world can use. Please help me.
    04-10-17 08:09 AM
    Not really, no. Both apple software and Android is made to be used wirelessly.

Android has been notoriously bad for backups, to the point people develop custom solutions for it.

But since you can't root the Priv, they won't work, so just hope that Google backup does a good job.
    04-10-17 10:19 AM
    You can download Android File Transfer to sync your files from Priv to your Mac. Works on mine. Good luck.
    04-10-17 11:14 AM
    No good but 👍 thanks
    04-17-17 03:40 PM
    I setup my own sync server with owncloud. So all my computers sync to owncloud (files, contacts, calendar) then my priv and tablet both sync with owncloud as well.
    04-18-17 11:49 AM
    No good but 👍 thanks
    All you have to do is plug your Priv or Passport into your computer by USB. Then use one finger to swipe down from the top and tap the Charging options notification. Then select file transfer. You can then drag and drop files from phone to your computer.

The other sync option of Android File Transfer works as well. Why is it "no good" .

I have read elsewhere that there is an Android app being developed called Fuze to be like BlackBerry Blend (this will work for your Passport). My understanding is it still is in beta.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    04-18-17 12:25 PM
    Ok thanks
    04-18-17 12:44 PM
    I have the same combo, and all is fine with me. What would you like to sync? happy to help....
    04-18-17 03:24 PM
    Yes you can. Use SyncMate, it works very well. It can sync via USB or Bluetooth. There is a free version and a paid version. https://www.sync-mac.com/android-sync.html
    04-18-17 04:37 PM
    Perfect Syncmate
    04-19-17 04:10 PM