I'm hoping to find a solution to 2 minor issues with my BlackBerry Priv. When texting on my Q10, I would type the message, push enter, and the message would send. Now when texting, it moves to the next line, and you have to tap the send arrow to send. Can the Priv be set to 'return to send'? I've looked, but couldn't find it. (Still works in BBM) I keep thinking I've replied to texts, but they're sitting the unsent. (If that's a word).

Also, I can't search in the Crackberry App on the Priv. Click the magnifying glass, enter text in the search box, push enter, and nothing happens. Anybody else have this issue?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-12-15 10:26 PM
    I'm hoping to find a solution to 2 minor issues with my BlackBerry Priv. When texting on my Q10, I would type the message, push enter, and the message would send. Now when texting, it moves to the next line, and you have to tap the send arrow to send. Can the Priv be set to 'return to send'? I've looked, but couldn't find it. (Still works in BBM) I keep thinking I've replied to texts, but they're sitting the unsent. (If that's a word).

Also, I can't search in the Crackberry App on the Priv. Click the magnifying glass, enter text in the search box, push enter, and nothing happens. Anybody else have this issue?

To address question# 1, I don't believe the stock messaging app has a "enter to send" feature just yet but If you use Hangouts it should work just fine.

I don't have the answer to question# 2 but are you able to search the Crackberry site when using Chrome or another web browser in lieu of using the app?
    11-12-15 10:30 PM
    To address question# 1, I don't believe the stock messaging app has a "enter to send" feature just yet but If you use Hangouts it should work just fine.

I don't have the answer to question# 2 but are you able to search the Crackberry site when using Chrome or another web browser in lieu of using the app?
    I haven't tried it on Chrome. Just grabbed my laptop when I had to search. I suspect that'll work though. I haven't tried 'hangouts' yet either. Total newbie to Android. Been a BlackBerry user for a long long time.

11-12-15 10:50 PM

This is by design, so you don't accidentally send the wrong sms/mms to the wrong recipient.

Might be an error with the CB app, have you checked for an update? Also, close the CB app - in the recently opened apps area - and restart the CB app. Hope this helps.
    11-12-15 10:55 PM
    This is by design, so you don't accidentally send the wrong sms/mms to the wrong recipient.

Might be an error with the CB app, have you checked for an update? Also, close the CB app - in the recently opened apps area - and restart the CB app. Hope this helps.
    I think it's a crap design. At least give me the choice. I love how it sends immediately upon hitting the return key. Come on BlackBerry. Replace the messenger app with your own that is fully integrated into the hub. Please!

Posted via CB10
    nward2010 likes this.
    11-12-15 11:00 PM
    By design? Lol. Don't believe that crap. It's simply a mild oversight. Something they'll address.
    11-12-15 11:32 PM
    I think it is by design. Quite a few times i hit send on accident when i was trying to hit the delete key.

11-12-15 11:39 PM
    Why would they design going against what they've been using for years? It's more logical that it's an oversight going to a new platform that isn't theirs.
    11-12-15 11:41 PM
    Possibly to try something different? We're both speculating at this point. But an option would be nice.
    11-12-15 11:46 PM
    Priv is under Android BlackBerry Phone & OS category in the CB app
    11-12-15 11:48 PM
    Why would they design going against what they've been using for years? It's more logical that it's an oversight going to a new platform that isn't theirs.
    It's by design in android, my s6 and tablet do the same thing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    11-13-15 03:16 AM