I am such a bberry girl that I'm confused with the Android system. So I guess I back up to the Verizon Cloud and not a bberry link... here comes really stupid: How do I transfer photos and songs from my desk top to the PRIV? I was so used to using bberry link.
    I am really loving the new PRIV. I have only used bberry and my last one was the Q10 for a million years. Love the bberry hub on here too.
    Thanks for your help.
    ( I guess I don't know how to use the cloud )
    so crow likes this.
    03-25-16 07:26 PM
    I connect my Priv to my computer using USB connection and then through my windows media player, drag my play list to the priv (it shows up as one of the sync destinations in media player when the phone is connected), then hit the sync button. Pretty simple and quick.

Posted with my Priv STV100-3 via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Erica Melone likes this.
    03-25-16 07:43 PM
    Plug in the usb cable. In Windows MyComputer my Priv shows as:

BlackBerry STV100-2 (that might be different in your case).

Double click it and it will show the Internal Drive (memory) and an sd-card if you have one.

Navigate around and have a peek at stuff.

On my SD-card, photos (and folders/albums) only showed when they were placed in a folder called

DCIM (it was created automatically when I told the camera to save there).

In Internal Memory is already will exist. Copy photos are you will.

With Music, I created a Music folder under the Android Folder and copied my folders into it.

You will learn in Android, that you will have to find your own apps to look at stuff or play music. Or there may be Google defaults. I took advantage of a PowerAmp sale but I might look for something different. But it gets me through at the moment. Folks seem to like Piktures for viewing photos but there are tons of apps for that too.

You will need a File Manager. Asus seems like a nice one. Folks recommend Solid. And ES File Explorer was one I used in bb10.

Enjoy and have fun muddling through!!!!!!
    Erica Melone likes this.
    03-25-16 07:45 PM
    Thanks so much!!! Right now it seems my pics are saved in a Google app... I don't know if I like that. Oh the joys of getting used to a new device.
    03-25-16 08:50 PM
    Thanks! I did what you suggested and it worked! Hooray!
    FF22 likes this.
    03-25-16 08:50 PM
    Thanks so much!!! Right now it seems my pics are saved in a Google app... I don't know if I like that. Oh the joys of getting used to a new device.
    I use an app called piktures from Google play (recommended by Thurask in these forums). It's an amazing photo gallery app and so much better then then google photos. It even let's you move pictures around different folders.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Erica Melone likes this.
    03-26-16 02:13 AM
    Thanks for the info! I couldn't figure out how to move photos. Wasn't a big fan of Google photos.

Erica Melone likes this.
    03-26-16 11:20 AM
    I use an app called piktures from Google play (recommended by Thurask in these forums). It's an amazing photo gallery app and so much better then then google photos. It even let's you move pictures around different folders.

Thanks for sharing the information. This app is indeed very good.

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    03-26-16 12:22 PM
    Piktures for pics/vid/gif and black player for music
    Erica Melone likes this.
    03-26-16 12:44 PM
    Piktures for pics/vid/gif and black player for music
    +1

Posted via my amazing BlackBerry Priv or BlackBerry Passport
    Erica Melone likes this.
    03-26-16 12:57 PM
    Before you connect to computer, will need to download and install the BlackBerry drivers.
    I can't find the link right now.
    Don't worry, someone will jump in soon with the link.
    03-26-16 01:58 PM
    For Photos I definitely recommend Google Photos
    Erica Melone likes this.
    03-27-16 11:42 AM
    picktures is what im running and its very good
    Erica Melone likes this.
    03-27-16 12:57 PM
    So here is another dumb question... How do I move pictures from my desktop TO my Priv???
    03-27-16 08:25 PM
    Before you connect to computer, will need to download and install the BlackBerry drivers.
    I can't find the link right now.
    Don't worry, someone will jump in soon with the link.
    Generally when you plug the phone it it finds and installs the drivers. At least that has always been the case with all the phone I've owned

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    03-27-16 08:38 PM
    So here is another dumb question... How do I move pictures from my desktop TO my Priv???
    I haven't tried with my priv yet but generall you find the folder for your pictures on the priv drive and drag and drop from the pc. At least that's how I did it with my other androids

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    03-27-16 08:50 PM
    As in Windows' Desktop or just desktop computer? Using the usb cable, check out what was posted in Reply 3 above???
    03-27-16 10:07 PM