They should get a Speed Graphic for selfies

Posted via CB10
    My father had a half dozen of them. He was a professional doing weddings and bar mitzvahs. I use to help develop proofs in the sunlight on a street in Da Bronx many moons ago.
    03-23-16 02:50 PM
    My father had a half dozen of them. He was a professional doing weddings and bar mitzvahs. I use to help develop proofs in the sunlight on a street in Da Bronx many moons ago.
    Darn someone actually knew what they are. Ok they should use a Rapid Omega instead

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-23-16 02:53 PM
    Maybe BlackBerry should have put a better front facing camera instead of chinsing out. Then we wouldn't have to come up with clever selfie solutions. Just sayin!

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    Maybe it was not possible to do so from a technical perspective ? the slider is like a phone cut in half. There's not much room to work with.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    smcv likes this.
    03-23-16 03:54 PM
    Darn someone actually knew what they are. Ok they should use a Rapid Omega instead

Posted via CB10
    The best I can do at this time. Taken by my newest "camera" the Priv.

18mpixel selfie?-img_20160323_1355116.jpg18mpixel selfie?-img_20160323_1355028.jpg18mpixel selfie?-img_20160323_1354379.jpg
    Uzi likes this.
    03-23-16 03:58 PM
    The best I can do at this time. Taken by my newest "camera" the Priv.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160323_1355116.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	448.9 KB 
ID:	395065Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160323_1355028.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	494.3 KB 
ID:	395066Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160323_1354379.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	486.6 KB 
ID:	395067
    Nice collection. You need a TLR in your collection and maybe a stereographic camera

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 04:10 PM
    I think my sister has my original twin lens jobby. My dad got it for me when I was six. My mom thought he was crazy. Twin lens, adjustable everything for a kid!

Next:

18mpixel selfie?-img_20160323_1419520.jpg18mpixel selfie?-img_20160323_1419437.jpg
    03-23-16 04:21 PM
    Interesting idea. I wonder if someone has a concrete suggestion as to the mirror/film.
    But I must say, as well as in the old days (when there wasn't such a thing called front facing selfie cam), as now, I don't take so many selfie photos with the back facing cam that fail. If the first or second one isn't good, the second or third one is. Just ask the people you want to take a selfie with to look into the lens and that's that.
    03-23-16 05:08 PM
    The front screen panel isn't thick enough to get a better sensor result. I don't take selfies and the camera is OK for Skype

Posted via the CrackBerry App for n
    BlackBerry Priv
    Well that's great for you but you're not the majority. And from a overall consumerism prospective. How BlackBerry or any other manufacturers for that matter, need to figure a way to place a bigger sensor in their phones without lose of form factor is not my concern.

You want me to pay premium pricing for your phone? It needs to be the cats freakin meow in every regard!

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    03-23-16 07:38 PM
    Well that's great for you but you're not the majority. And from a overall consumerism prospective. How BlackBerry or any other manufacturers for that matter, need to figure a way to place a bigger sensor in their phones without lose of form factor is not my concern.

You want me to pay premium pricing for your phone? It needs to be the cats freakin meow in every regard!

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    No one wants to be with a group of friends and have a device that just isn't "good enough".

OP the mirror ideas is a neat macgyver type fix, and would be fine for taking an individual selfie... but I see a lot of groups that get together to do a selfie. While on vacation not long ago, that seemed to be how more people were taking pictures... They wanted to be "in" the picture, and I expect it wasn't long before those pictures were on some social account somewhere.

Think the front camera on the PRIV is just an example of BlackBerry not understanding the market, so when the value engineered the PRIV they failed to understand how important some consumers today view the front camera. Now their normal business class customers... it's probably good enough.
    WT44 and Carmels like this.
    03-24-16 08:01 AM
    Think the front camera on the PRIV is just an example of BlackBerry not understanding the market, so when the value engineered the PRIV they failed to understand how important some consumers today view the front camera. Now their normal business class customers... it's probably good enough.
    BB is still schizoid about their market. They think their market is Enterprise. That's why they have those sticker packs in BBM!!!!
    03-24-16 09:14 AM
    The reflection of the sun will blind the hopeless people that need selfies.
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    03-24-16 09:19 AM
    The reflection of the sun will blind the hopeless people that need selfies.
    Not sure the sand in the eyes of the people with their head in the ground is much better....

It's something that the market wants... just makes sense to give the user what they want and not what you think they'll get by with. Unless you are in a position to just write off those potential customers...
    03-24-16 11:54 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry should have put a better front facing camera instead of chinsing out. Then we wouldn't have to come up with clever selfie solutions. Just sayin!

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    actually the solution that OP proposes is cheaper to do, and you will end up with a better quality picture (because front facing cameras are nowere near as good as rear facing ones)

Just a shame that some people actually want less detail in selfies to hide the blemishes. In that respect, the blurry priv pictures are pretty good.
    03-24-16 03:07 PM
    actually the solution that OP proposes is cheaper to do, and you will end up with a better quality picture (because front facing cameras are nowere near as good as rear facing ones)

Just a shame that some people actually want less detail in selfies to hide the blemishes. In that respect, the blurry priv pictures are pretty good.
    That's me. I need the guauzey look.
    03-24-16 03:37 PM
    Reminds me of my 8310. Pretty sure the 81xx had it too.
    03-24-16 05:29 PM
    No one wants to be with a group of friends and have a device that just isn't "good enough".

OP the mirror ideas is a neat macgyver type fix, and would be fine for taking an individual selfie... but I see a lot of groups that get together to do a selfie. While on vacation not long ago, that seemed to be how more people were taking pictures... They wanted to be "in" the picture, and I expect it wasn't long before those pictures were on some social account somewhere.
    Actually, turn the phone sideways,"shutter" button on top, format set to 16:9... and you can probably get 4-5 people in. Try it!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for
    BlackBerry Priv
    03-24-16 06:21 PM
    Think the front camera on the PRIV is just an example of BlackBerry not understanding the market, so when the value engineered the PRIV they failed to understand how important some consumers today view the front camera.
    To be fair, iPhones all came with 1.2MP cameras until right before Priv's launch, so a lot of vendors were similarly surprised to see the rise in popularity of the selfie craze within the confines of a single year+ design cycle. Video chat was previously the primary use-case for front cameras. Being mechanically constrained was definitely a problem with the ultra-thin design of the screen half, so we developed the wide-angle selfie feature to help shoot 4MP composites when we saw the demand for selfies on the rise. The image quality of the front camera on Priv is on par or better than Passport, or other recent BlackBerry models.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-24-16 10:15 PM
    Actually, turn the phone sideways,"shutter" button on top, format set to 16:9... and you can probably get 4-5 people in. Try it!
    FYI, 16:9 is not wider than 4:3 in landscape.. it is just less tall in that mode.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-24-16 10:20 PM
    So who is gonna volunteer to buy something like this and cut a band out of it and stick it on the middle recess where it says made in Mexico?

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=-jfCVK4Z

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-26-16 06:23 PM
    So who is gonna volunteer to buy something like this and cut a band out of it and stick it on the middle recess where it says made in Mexico?

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=JxR8gGK7

Costs three times the purchase price to ship it! But since it sticks to the screen, it might not "wilt" if that area of the Priv gets hot.
    03-26-16 06:49 PM
    Costs three times the purchase price to ship it! But since it sticks to the screen, it might not "wilt" if that area of the Priv gets hot.
    You could totally put something like that on the back of a case.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-26-16 07:48 PM
    Excellent idea, worth sending to the PRIV product team.

Posted via the CrackBerry Android App with my BlackBerry PRIV
    03-26-16 08:18 PM
    I'm in Canada so it's free shipping.
    There are lots of cheap options out there on ebay.
    I find that if you search for older products like those for the older iPad touch or iPhone 4s, you'll see more plastic / vinyl (cuttable) ones, rather than tempered glass.

FF22 likes this.
    03-26-16 09:36 PM
    That's me. I need the guauzey look.
    so glad i'm not alone in this
    FF22 likes this.
    03-27-16 11:12 AM
49 12