After letting my PB sit for a few weeks I went to start it up and the low battery icon shows up red. I think OK no problem. Next day go to boot it up and nothing nada.
    I do the hard reset and connect to DM and it ask if I want to repair the OS. So it seems like maybe it should since there are so many posts of what happens after a dead battery. It installs and hangs up after it finds my WiFi.

Reboot and it hangs at the Language selection and will not go past that point nor respond.
    So now I have to do the three finger shut down and wait a minute and then it will boot up to the same language section screen and that's where it all stops.

For now I would like to just get it going and clean up and delete all files from it.

But first how to proceed from the language screen.

FYI.... I am not a tweaker that roots phones and tablets for a hobby. I quit overclocking processors and playing around about 8 years ago.

So hope there is a simple approach that I am missing the obvious.

Otherwise I'll do my best to follow the direction to the letter.

TIA ......

C-man ....
    09-04-12 07:41 PM
    I had a similar problem with the Dev Alpha. I did a second DM OS restore and it worked the second time.
    09-04-12 09:49 PM
    ah well I fogot to mentino it that you brought it up when I am able to connect to teh DM it says PB needs to disconnect from DM to finish installing then reconnect.

Then it stays on teh language page.
    But I'l keep fiddling wiht it maybe I'm not holding my tongue right....lol..
    09-05-12 05:36 AM
    To get around that, hold the PlayBook power button until it turns off, launch DM, and connect your PlayBook. You'll get the repair dialogue.
    09-05-12 08:58 AM
    Yep got to the repair went through the download process even installed the 30+meg US portion of the OS and once even proceeded to setting up WiFi.

Got the disconnect to finish set up portion and then it went to reboot and got stuck on teh language page.

Thanks for all the suggestions we may hit a home run yet...
    09-05-12 09:03 AM
    Tonight I used the three finger salute and it connected up to repair and chose that option. But now after going through that process it says: There was an error updating your software.
    An error has occurred while updating your device's software.

So I repeated the whole process and after the repair the progress bar zoomed quickly towards the end and then the error message popped up again.

Hmmmm this is a challenge.....ideas.... ?

Oh yeah and then the LED gives four blinks of a reddish/orange color.... signify anything a clue for the seasoned experts... ??
    Last edited by Chinookman; 09-05-12 at 09:01 PM. Reason: add symptom
    09-05-12 08:58 PM
    OK...this can be considered closed case and my final reply was on another thread with the same issue and have summed up the process for the restore.

Hope it helps others out as well....

Thanks to everyone for keeping me on track....
    09-09-12 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD