I am trying to install the android market on my playbook and so far it has been a real pain. First off, I upgraded the os to 2.0.1 and didn't realize that was a bad idea. In Dingleberry, when I try to downgrade the os, it says "waiting" for a long time and would crash after about a minute every time. However, I was still able to "root" my blackberry despite this problem. I got to the step of installing the Cyanogen mods to my playbook. I used Winscp 4.37 and was able to log in (with an error I can't remember exactly)however, whenever I would try to copy the files over, I got an error code and found no answers to it. Then a pop up prompted me to upgrade to the 5.06 beta and I did. I was now able to log into the playbook without any error this time. However, when I try to copy the files over this time, I get a different error than before stating "Copy Files to Remote Side failed, Invalid Floating Point Operation." I am pretty sure this code means that the program is trying to tell the computer to doe something mathematically impossible, but I don't see how copying files would give this error. I am so close to installing the market and can't get around this issue, is there anyone who knows how to fix this issue? Any help will be appreciated!

P.S. I posted a picture of the error so you get a better idea.

P.S.S. I still have this problem even when running the program as administrator.

Also, I noticed on the instructions that Crackberry has states that in Winscp, under the SCP/Shell page, you are supposed to use this for the shell: /tmp/setuidgid root /bin/sh, which I didn't do before, so I changed it. Now when I try to log in, I get this error: Server has unexpecedly closed. Server sent command exit status 126.

So I've noticed that even when doing it correctly, supposedly, I can't install it. Again, any help will be appreciated!
    Last edited by ZJE123; 05-01-12 at 05:05 PM.
    05-01-12 04:26 PM
    I dont think you really have root. So it does not have the rights to copy onto the playbooks file system. And you wont be able to downgrade because the newer update are signed and once you update to a signed version you can only downgrade to another signed version. Sorry
    05-01-12 09:13 PM
    2.0.1 can't be rooted. You don't have root. It's mathematically impossible to copy to that folder.
    05-01-12 11:23 PM
    It's mathematically impossible to copy to that folder.
    Best response in this thread. Although if the OP works for NSA (USA), CSE (CA), GCHQ (UK) or their equivalents, it is mathematically possible for some very large value of t (time).
    05-02-12 03:23 AM
    I dont think you really have root. So it does not have the rights to copy onto the playbooks file system. And you wont be able to downgrade because the newer update are signed and once you update to a signed version you can only downgrade to another signed version. Sorry
    2.0.1 can't be rooted. You don't have root. It's mathematically impossible to copy to that folder.
    Best response in this thread. Although if the OP works for NSA (USA), CSE (CA), GCHQ (UK) or their equivalents, it is mathematically possible for some very large value of t (time).
    Thank you all for the answer! Unfortunately that is not what I wanted to hear. I thought it was rooted because dingleberry said it was, at least I thought, and I was able to copy files from my PB to my computer. Is there any way to flash the rom and wipe the storage and just install an older version that way?
    Last edited by ZJE123; 05-02-12 at 03:24 PM.
    05-02-12 03:02 PM
    Thank you all for the answer! Unfortunately that is not what I wanted to hear. I thought it was rooted because dingleberry said it was, at least I thought, and I was able to copy files from my PB to my computer. Is there any way to flash the rom and wipe the storage and just install an older version that way?
    Dingleberry just assumes it worked. It has no way of knowing.

If you are rooted, a message will pop up on your Playbook saying "You are rooted!".

You can always copy files to/from shared folder on your Playbook.

It's not possible to root 2.0.1 and not possible to downgrade. This is mentioned a lot on forums already.
    05-02-12 06:57 PM
    If t = time, R = rooting, x = OS 2.0.1.358, and P = possible

Then:

As t → ∞, R(x) = P
    Last edited by bounce007; 05-02-12 at 07:25 PM.
    05-02-12 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD