I have been reading about all the WIFI problems caused by the new update. Someone mentioned that Tec Support said to update using Desk Top instead of OTA. Has anyone who updated by DT had the WIFI problems?
    11-26-11 07:29 AM
    I didn't have any issues updating using Wifi, although it was a little slower than I expected.
    11-26-11 08:40 AM
    The reason why we say use the desktop is because lately... Especially with the sales the servers have been getting slammed by new playbook users causing some to fail at initial setup . Updating through the desktop software for that purpose is a lot more stable and ive yet to see it fail. Having said that you should be fine updating via wifi and if you want to update through the desktop software also fine.
    01-13-12 10:48 PM
    Yeah, when the update does come out I think I'll be waiting a couple days to get it because those servers will be working overtime.

OP not sure if it makes a difference or not. Since the wifi seems to be different with every update I would think that an updated driver would solve most of the issues. All though some older routers just might not work well even then. I know when I got my windows 7 laptop my old router wasn't playing nice with it so I had to get a new one.
    01-13-12 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD