Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By just_luc
  • 2 Post By willie44
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Will the current playbook be strong enough to run the bb10 OS?

Will bb10 cause lagging on the playbook?

Global Posts
    3,272 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0

yes.

BB10 runs on the same platform as the current PB OS.. they've just perfected it. If anything it will run better then the current software as it's optimized, and the apps are written native rather then in adobe air.

RIM 950 .... Blackberry Z10 (STL100-3 on hybrid OS 10.3.0.140/misc) and everything in between
    + Playbook 32GB
    Thanked by:
    anthonysira (01-26-2013) 
    robkd, tufcustomer and anthonysira like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thank you that is very informative what about hardware to my understanding the phone will have better hardwar like ram and so on

Global Posts
    3,272 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0

Yes the phone will, and so will the new tablet.. but the current playbook is still more then adequate to run it, and run it well.

RIM 950 .... Blackberry Z10 (STL100-3 on hybrid OS 10.3.0.140/misc) and everything in between
    + Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by just_luc View Post
    yes.

LOL, it may not be funny but the one word answer made me chuckle....and then I saw the rest.

BB10 runs on the same platform as the current PB OS.. they've just perfected it. If anything it will run better then the current software as it's optimized, and the apps are written native rather then in adobe air.
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    6,135 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anthonysira View Post
    Thank you that is very informative what about hardware to my understanding the phone will have better hardwar like ram and so on
    Playbook has half the ram and an inferior processor. But so did the dev alphas. So I guess if it runs well on them it should be alright on the PB
    BB4Life
    CrackBerry Master

It will run fine on the playbook. It will be way more fluid than the lagging os 2.1
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2AF77CC0

I think OS10 was created from the PlayBook OS, no? I had my IT guy's dev alpha, it was just like a MINI PlayBook.
    SIC MULTIWPE AND LOAD (BLACKBERRY 10 ONLY!) HERE

Powered by BlackBerry Q10SQN100-5

Moodyk13's OFFICIAL goof ball
    CrackBerry User

The only good evidence that BB10 will run fine on the PlayBook is that RIM will be launching low-end phones this year at some point. The low-end phone specs would be similar to what the Playbook has.
    bluetroll and ronconet like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,984 Global Posts
    PIN
    2BAFC92E

Quote Originally Posted by sharma0702 View Post
    I think OS10 was created from the PlayBook OS, no? I had my IT guy's dev alpha, it was just like a MINI PlayBook.
    The Dev Alpha was pretty much PlayBook hardware, the TI OMAP 4460 was actually underclocked to 1.0 GHz vs the 1.5 GHz the TI OMAP 4460 usually operates at in various devices, like the PlayBook 4G LTE.
    BlackBerry 10- The most disruptive innovation in mobile technology since the BlackBerry Smartphone

Not worried about BB10. My real question is, will it get BB11 when it comes out?

I was hoping RIM could do something like Apple and have devices that can handle at least 2 new OS updates till they really just can't do it.

May seem silly, but my 8310 didn't get 5.0. My 8520 didn't get 6.0 and my 9780 dind't get 7.0.... So it's a valid concern...

If they do it just as I stated here, the PB should be good till BB11. And the BB10 devices would be able to handle updates all the way up to BB12.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,754 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diegonei View Post
    May seem silly, but my 8310 didn't get 5.0. My 8520 didn't get 6.0 and my 9780 dind't get 7.0.... So it's a valid concern...
    Indeed, a very valid concerned...

And we will surely confirm the validity of your concerned once RIM started producing new version of PlayBook... exactly the same logic why your BB phones didn’t get an OS upgrade...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,340 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diegonei View Post
    Yeah, though I think the 9780 was done in by not having the necessary graphics processing unit. OS7 took advantage of that in hardware.

Back to the original poster ... No one know what the minimum system requirements are for BlackBerry 10 and what its been designed to run on. As has been noted, Dev Alpha A was a mini PlayBook and PlayBooks were given out to app developers to bolster development.

I'm not too worried
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,340 Global Posts

Double post ... Sorry
    Last edited by RubberChicken76; 01-29-2013 at 10:52 AM.
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,754 Global Posts

RE: Will the current PlayBook be strong enough to run the bb10 OS?

We will know that for sure... later this year...