wifi does not work well now . I get poor wifi even when i am right next to router.laptop works well so i am confident it is not the router.anyone else having any issue with this?
    12-21-11 06:17 PM
    yes I'm also having very poor wifi performance. It only ever gets 11mbps and I've played with two different routers that I have in the house. same with the router at work as well.

the other pita is that the playbook is constantly switching between the routers at home, which isn't helping.

not impressed at all
    12-23-11 10:42 AM
    When you say "latest" OS 2 release, are you talking about the 2.0.4xxx from the "Android Runtime" preview page, or the 2.0.6149 from the "Native SDK 2.0" preview page?

When I installed the .6149 version, WiFi finally started working PROPERLY for me. With every version I'd run before I couldn't get more than 11Mb, and now I've seen as much as 65Mb on 802.11n.
    12-23-11 11:05 AM
    Any update on wifi performance with OS2? With OS1 wifi is not well developed (flaky is a good word) so I am hoping theres been an improvement.
    01-25-12 09:38 AM
    i only get 11mbps as well. im currently still using os 1.0.8, so i hope that improves with 2.0
    01-29-12 02:34 PM
    I posted on this about a week and half ago, but I also had problems with my wifi network after rooting. Not only did my PB have problems holding connection, it also seemed to disrupt the network for other devices (laptop, blackberry phone, etc.) and only turning the PB's antenna off mitigated that.

I ended up downgrading back to OS1, which seemed to make the problem go away. I then upgraded back to 7111, and it's still working fine with my network. I suspect the problem may have been either with 6149, the Honeycomb Launcher or one of the Android applications (most likely market), since those are the only things I haven't ruled out yet.

I'm just gonna wait for the official OS2 rollout now, too busy to fool around with the device anyway.
    01-29-12 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD