Can the playbook be backed up via wifi and or with another other software besides bbdesktop????

07-15-12 01:14 PM
    You can MANUALLY use Win Explorer or mac equivalent to backup files such as pictures, videos, music, etc using wifi-sharing. I do not believe you can backup any settings or apps or similar using wifi.
    07-15-12 09:11 PM
    I benieve I've seen a rsync application somewhere, but given the fact that to actually back everything up one would need an admin password I fear the best one can expect is to backup those meager folders RIM allows us to write to...

That's the reason why I'd like some sort of a separate contract, in which one could waive various 'securities' in exchange with a bit more ownerhip to the machine.

Say, on a given machine I accept to be banned forever from connections to any RIM-related network or service, but I then can perform a detailed backup, add an unix pipe macro that'd allow ad-filtering at system level, allow self-rewriting html files with which you can really create apps just with html...

But I fear RIM is exactly going in the opposite direction, and we know why: entreprise security is their core business. At least that gives an unbreakable core sortware system, which sometimes is impressive when you see android apps miserably crashing...
    07-16-12 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD