I really don't understand why everybody freaks out from it,
    i'ts so obvious that this is only a 3 apps update, (give it through app world!!)
    the Buzz around this version just dumb,
    What RIM missed is the large clientele that going to really disappointed after they get this update, still no language support for chinese and middle east.

I bought the PlayBook almost a year ago, assuming that RIM is a big and serious company and there is no chance that they will ignore us.

We didn't ask for a full MUI support, only keyboard!! how much difficult it is?

if the article below is real, i defiantly going to dump my pb. RIM Answers A Few Questions About PlayBook OS 2.0 - BerryReview
    Last edited by rubiliani; 02-19-12 at 09:57 AM.
    02-19-12 08:59 AM
    I dunno. I don't speak any language other than English, so I'm quite happy with what is being provided.

It's not just three apps that are being released. There's MANY changes to the OS including spell check, auto-correct, MKV support, DLNA support, Bluetooth A2DP support, plus the all important "3 apps" that give this tablet the basic functionality that it should have had 10 months ago.

I realize that more support for other languages is what a lot of people want, but my personal belief is that RIM is doing things in the correct order here.
    02-19-12 09:44 AM
    The bigger picture is that os2 is going to give everyone a good idea what the bb10 os will be like.
    02-19-12 10:22 AM
    Dump it and leave us alone. Sorry they didn't include a dumb keyboard but are going to include tons of other stuff. Awesome I get it you can't type some other language yet. Shucks. I'm so tired of all the stupid negative posts. As with most everything in life there are options, this one isn't for you.... WE GET IT!
    RicThot and buwee like this.
    02-19-12 10:24 AM
    i'ts so obvious that this is only a 3 apps update, (give it through app world!!)
    What RIM missed is the large clientele that going to really disappointed after they get this update, still no language support for chinese and middle east.

I bought the PlayBook almost a year ago, assuming that RIM is a big and serious company and there is no chance that they will ignore us.

if the article below is real, i defiantly going to dump my pb. RIM Answers A Few Questions About PlayBook OS 2.0 - BerryReview
    If you don't like it, go get yourself a fancy ipod!
    buwee likes this.
    02-19-12 10:28 AM

I agree the PB sucks. You should sell it immediately!!!

I'll give you $50 for that POS right now...............
    Nelis and Kojjax like this.
    02-19-12 10:39 AM
    ROTFLMAO!!! Sorry....that's all I could come up with in response to this thread.
    02-19-12 10:41 AM
    OP, you should be as excited as I am, like a sugared up Caligula at the Mustang Ranch.
    vespajet likes this.
    02-19-12 10:43 AM
    I definitely will buy one that do not make ethnic discrimination!
    It's a shame for you and for the commercial companies!
    02-19-12 10:44 AM
    Dude has a valid concern, that its really strange how foreign keyboards aren't supported.
    Particularly in areas where heavy growth is expected.
    These are the people RIM needs to impress, and keep.
    How difficult is language support anyway? Isn't that important for communications companies wanting to spread around the world?
    RIM should drop Alec Saunders and get 3 or 4 people in on his salary who could actually do something for the ecosystem and their products instead of being very enthusiastic but basically poor at their job, as Saunders unfortunately seems to be.
    02-19-12 11:11 AM
    Now it's ethnic discrimination; what's next.....
    02-19-12 11:17 AM

It's a real shame you did not do your research before you purchased the PB for what it did at the time you got it.
    I certainly would not have bought any device that did not support my language.
    02-19-12 11:33 AM
    I'm assuming from your posts from last October that you want Hebrew. Well, the iPad started that way also. When we first got our iPad it didn't support Hebrew or Greek either and I needed Greek support for my Greek language study. Finally an app became available for Greek and Hebrew fonts and then followed a keyboard app, finally. Same thing happened with iPad2. They were never natively supported.

Either go to another tablet or give them time. It took the others time.

And to the 3 app update, LOL, dude you need to get out more. Much more than a three app update, but then again, I think you know that.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 02-19-12 at 12:09 PM.
    02-19-12 12:04 PM
    You should sell your PB, based solely on the opinions of the author of that article... if you are so easily swayed.

Discrimination? Really? and based on your ethnicity? Does the phrase "acting like a spoiled child" translate to your language? Did they tell you to buzz off, that they dislike your language and the people that speak it? Or perhaps it is still in the works and you could have some patience?
    02-19-12 12:42 PM
    So did you learn a lesson out of this? Don't buy something based on assumption and get something with the features you want out-of-the-box, period.

As far as I'm concerned, your rant is unfair and dumb, you knew your whatever ethnic keyboard support wasn't included when you bought it, still you bought it *thinking* RIM would add support for whatever language you're after... sorry, that's just dumb.

Next time, shop, get the facts, then spend the money.
    02-19-12 12:57 PM
    The actual answer to this question was:

A: These languages are not supported (damn!)

I'm reading that to say are not instead of will not.

Keep two things in mind:

1. RIM knows how critical it is to hit the February deadline and Thorsten stated that he wants to eliminate feature creep from the development process and,

2. Native BBM is not included in the 2.0 release.

Does this mean that we're not ever going to see BBM on a Playbook? Does this mean that we're not going to get RTL language support? Before you answer, remember that one of the real strong points of QNX is that it's microkernal-based which means that it becomes easy to push incremental updates that deal with specific functionality. Also, recall that in the Devcon keynote, there was a comment that Dutch had finally been added.

Language support is not as easy to implement as some would lead you to believe - especially RTL languages. I think it's naive to assume RIM is abandoning this just because it's not included in the first delivery of 2.0. I would expect the language support that you are looking for to be rolled out in a separate release.
    Last edited by louzer; 02-19-12 at 01:47 PM. Reason: typos
    02-19-12 01:46 PM

The "whole thing" has been revisited and enhanced, it's not about 3 apps ...
    As for midi, the point is you need any connector to get in. Will the USB port able to handle external devices ? Yet we don't know for sure, even if we know that it is able to.
    Then it'll be an app question ... and you may ask your favorite editor to port its app to the playbook plateform.
    02-19-12 03:20 PM
    OP, you should be as excited as I am, like a sugared up Caligula at the Mustang Ranch.
    You and those mustangs again - you must enjoy horsing around!
    02-19-12 03:41 PM
    I dunno. I don't speak any language other than English, so I'm quite happy with what is being provided.
    Bingo. I speak english and so it is not a make or break issue that there is no chinese, pig latin or whatever else language and keyboard option.

The real excitement of OS 2 is the fact that many new features will be added to a device we already have... like the full bluetooth abilities (wireless headphones and hands free operation in cars, finally....) plus it is real, tangible proof that this tablet has had its ceiling raised and also proof RIM isnt giving up after fumbling the ball on the first down (the April 19th release)
    02-19-12 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD