It is slow, limited features, and very few apps work on it. Darn Blackberry can't get anything done without causing extra problems. I rather have the whole PlayBook team work on improving the android player than have them work on its own PB OS!
    10-27-13 07:43 PM
    they stopped updating the PB that's why. BB10 with 4.2.2 android run time can run 90% of the apps you try though. Too bad they couldn't make this work on the PB
    10-27-13 10:10 PM
    Don't worry BlackBerry will likely be out of business in 2014 after the new owner guts the company for a few key assets. The BlackBerry PlayBook should have been updated to BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.2 which could have included Android Player support for Google Android 4.x, BlackBerry OS 10 run-time libraries for compatibility with BlackBerry 10 applications, and fully functional BlackBerry Bridge.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    10-27-13 10:38 PM
    I see where this thread is going...

Posted via CB10
    AshDeezy and Derlitz like this.
    10-27-13 10:41 PM
    Another hater thread brewing...

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 05:55 AM
    I think they should update the android run time player for the PlayBook but I think if it cost to much for them to do it then they should just continue to make the 10 OS even better
    12-03-13 03:58 PM
    Don't worry BlackBerry will likely be out of business in 2014 after the new owner guts the company for a few key assets. The BlackBerry PlayBook should have been updated to BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.2 which could have included Android Player support for Google Android 4.x, BlackBerry OS 10 run-time libraries for compatibility with BlackBerry 10 applications, and fully functional BlackBerry Bridge.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    What are the winning lottery numbers since you can see all that?

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    12-03-13 04:50 PM
    Another hater thread brewing...

Posted via CB10
    and every hate Post is 100 percent right.

Bb lied not even once but also totally disabled all tablet os users from anything (new apps, fixing bugs). Just thrown away money....cool for you? Good for you? you can spend me some. There is no reason not to be tucked up of this company...
    If I want cool gestures, non "standard" system, android compatibility and stuff like this? Better grab an Jolla phone than a crappy bb.

I liked bb but they showed in a way I never seen before how they sh*t on their customers stomach and if they crisis this practice they ask. "hey what's wrong? It's even warm!"

If there were any sign of love after the public lies about bb os 10 like newandroid runtime or a default browser which performs and works half of origami and stuff like this (or even some rabate at bbworld to say sorry for the lies) but rim?
    They now write letters to any single bes customers to tell they are alive but sending out a sorry letter to the asskicked tablet users? No this is too much for rim...and there is no excuse for this
    gothamsreckoning likes this.
    12-04-13 01:44 PM
    and every hate Post is 100 percent right.

Bb lied not even once but also totally disabled all tablet os users from anything (new apps, fixing bugs). Just thrown away money....cool for you? Good for you? you can spend me some. There is no reason not to be tucked up of this company...
    If I want cool gestures, non "standard" system, android compatibility and stuff like this? Better grab an Jolla phone than a crappy bb.

I liked bb but they showed in a way I never seen before how they sh*t on their customers stomach and if they crisis this practice they ask. "hey what's wrong? It's even warm!"

If there were any sign of love after the public lies about bb os 10 like newandroid runtime or a default browser which performs and works half of origami and stuff like this (or even some rabate at bbworld to say sorry for the lies) but rim?
    They now write letters to any single bes customers to tell they are alive but sending out a sorry letter to the asskicked tablet users? No this is too much for rim...and there is no excuse for this
    You liked? past tence? Why are you still here...just leave.
    12-04-13 07:51 PM
    You liked? past tence? Why are you still here...just leave.
    Any one like myself who purchased a Playbook or Playbooks (3) for me, have every right to stay an say whats on his of her mind. DEAL WITH IT.....
    12-04-13 08:33 PM
    Any one like myself who purchased a Playbook or Playbooks (3) for me, have every right to stay an say whats on his of her mind. DEAL WITH IT.....
    2nd time this happens ...i'm talking to a specific individual and someone answers for them ..wtf ..who are you?

I have a playbook too but that doesn't mean i need to bash BB for it especially when Thor was the one who made the decision not to go forward with having OS10 on the playbook

he is also the one who said it would be done but lets face it, the guy was over confident to some degree, talked out of his *** and decided to cut where it would hurt a lot of playbook users.

As far as me i don't care if OS10 could of been on the playbook or not, the most important was for them to continue improving the PB's own OS but we have eyes and we all seen what happened

no point in holding a grudge over that ...PB came out in 2011 ...name me one device since 2011 that actually has the OS10 ..yes though so ..we're looking forward here just like Chen says.
    12-05-13 12:53 PM
    You liked? past tence?
    yes i liked and still own a playbook but i dont like them anymore for some reason in a very short time range (in my opinion)
    1. major crackdown in trustworthiness was giving the indian intelligence agency access to the infrastructure but ok it is a hard market and it doesnt affect business. What if not data safety was one of the keys for blackberrys success?
    2. major crackdown was the complete messed up first version of bes 10...they cant be serious to release something like this to the open market. Still the actual version is laughable in os range compared to others (i think there were other promises)
    3. major crackdown was the playbook story with bbos 10. The main part is here, the playbook paltform become totally dead (just look at appworld).
    You can stop reading here if you dont want to read critics on blackberry.

I still watch what they are doing but the people can for sure read how untrustfull this company is. The first crackdown was a realy hard pill to swallow but ok it just affected indian private customers...bad enough but doesnt affect me cause i trusted rim in complaining all other countries are cool even for private and business anyway (but how should i trust them today in any way? They lied more than once). BES 10 was totally outdated on release and not recomendable but blackberry promised to fix major issues very fast and expand the manageable systems rapidly...waited....waited....and still far away of other 3rd party mdm`s and people (me included) dont want to wait forever for badly needed features/solutions. BB stripped down bbos and bes 10 that 3rd partys cant "connect" to them so only solution to not being stuck on a outdated plattform (bbos classic and bes "classic") or a immature plattform (bes 10 and bbos10) switching completly to other plattforms without bb cause the handsets are closed too much and bes 10 isnt able to connect/connected by 3rd parties. The complains about it will get better very shortly isnt worth a penny (what i know today) - same play btw with the releasedate of bes 10.
    And the final was the lies about playbook support, i recommended using playbook and bb handsets to some customers, especially it will grow together what belogs together only some time must be given (some of them handed out the statements of heinz to underpin my arguments). Ok playbook was at the status quo a useable solution for the moment for some of them so they adopt them. Not very long after this....bbos 10 wont reach palybook -> plattform dead -> no new solutions will arive, no new solutions will be supported by any developer on the playbook and even the android runtime sucks hard...so just throws away money for some customers (and this affects the whole investment of bes, playbook and handsets cause they want ONE solution) and even worse it scratched my personal reputation in some cases. Ok most understand i cant see this coming but all in all.

- Blackberry is far the most untrustworthy company in the mobile business!
    -> see crackdown 1 and see what happens in crackdown 2 and 3...and you believe their complains not to deal with your data? Just laughing!
    - Someone who commit data to blackberry devices is crazy, recommendable to business? Never! For private? Only for people who give a shi* on their data
    -> they store unencrypted mail access codes/passwords, CLEAR TEXT and in front of crackdown 1 i see a major security issue in just using a bb device for private or business doesnt care....who tells me they dont deal with the data? Who tells me there are not any untold functions which mine data? They need money and this can be made to money, they did it for the money/market in india, they will do again...blackberry worked hard on not to trust on any word they tell you, realy hard.

I mostly right the business perspective just because theres already much told about the asskick for the private playbook users....

Why are you still here...just leave.
    if you cant deal with it, dont read it. You live in a pink pony farm wheres all good? Cool for you, stay there!
    Last edited by Wurstsalat; 12-05-13 at 01:20 PM.
    12-05-13 12:55 PM
    If you bought 3 playbooks you deserve whatever you got
    12-05-13 01:02 PM
    2nd time this happens ...i'm talking to a specific individual and someone answers for them ..wtf ..who are you?

I have a playbook too but that doesn't mean i need to bash BB for it especially when Thor was the one who made the decision not to go forward with having OS10 on the playbook

he is also the one who said it would be done but lets face it, the guy was over confident to some degree, talked out of his *** and decided to cut where it would hurt a lot of playbook users.

As far as me i don't care if OS10 could of been on the playbook or not, the most important was for them to continue improving the PB's own OS but we have eyes and we all seen what happened

no point in holding a grudge over that ...PB came out in 2011 ...name me one device since 2011 that actually has the OS10 ..yes though so ..we're looking forward here just like Chen says.
    In a few words, they are stuck in the past and don't have the ability to let go
    12-05-13 01:05 PM
    I have a playbook too but that doesn't mean i need to bash BB for it especially when Thor was the one who made the decision not to go forward with having OS10 on the playbook.
    you think blackberrys decisions and public announcements are one man shows? Come on...
    The announcement of bringing bbos 10 for playbook or the bes 10 promises are not just a 5 min write down of heinz...it is a company problem
    12-05-13 01:08 PM
    In other words:
    1. I have a playbook
    2. It sucks so much
    3. I have to tell all of you about this, because I have awoken, sheeps!

I mean, try to get over it. Face reality: right now they're keeping their promise: no BlackBerry 10 for PlayBook

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    12-11-13 02:29 AM
    1. yes
    2. no
    3. partially

yep i face reality in cognition that the company(!) sucks and gives a f*ck on their customers and partners, this isnt the fault of the device, it is the fault of the company to drop any support and cutting interests of 3rd party developers...and a bit more important they throw away they`re whole reputation to deliver a trustworthy plattform - at the end there is no reason for blackberry devices not because of the devices, it is because of the company
    Last edited by Wurstsalat; 12-21-13 at 07:33 PM.
    12-16-13 08:23 AM
    I wonder if they have looked into a paid android update - there should be enough desperate takers to make it viable.
    12-20-13 06:02 PM
    just a thought but I assume that our android player is based on linux kernel 2.6.x so I would have thought it should be relatively easy to get up to android 4 before the kernel change. I base my assumptions on the kernel being responsible for the hardware and drivers which usually means I'm on the wrong track.
    12-21-13 04:59 PM
    I love my PB but the lack of decent apps is bad and the Android player was a big bonus. Shame it's dated now.

I would love to see a update to this before blackberry go bust.

No chance of that

Typed out on my Note 3 Phablet
    12-21-13 05:35 PM
    12-24-13 05:31 PM
    With the help of support libraries, I've got 4.4 APIs to run on the Playbook. BlackBerry may have stopped updating the OS, but they seem to be updating the SDK regularly for the Android runtime. As for speed, yeah it's slow, but remember it's a heavily modified version of android, with no GApps which means that no google related android app is going to work at all

All we can do is continue to develop some android apps, possibly modifying them slightly to make them work smoother. If only we could get a runtime for 4.1 then we would have project butter!
    12-27-13 04:19 AM
    Can we create our own run time? Like an emulator or something

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 06:02 AM
    Hey Blackberry,

Since you killed off the Playbook, there would be no more updates.
    Let us unlock the bootloader so we could install another OS.
    01-03-14 04:36 PM
    Hey Blackberry,

Since you killed off the Playbook, there would be no more updates.
    Let us unlock the bootloader so we could install another OS.
    Never happen. It would undermine their security.
    01-03-14 04:42 PM