How? do I have to go into recovery mode and such?
    02-21-12 06:30 PM
    Those are extremely popular services, and RIM should do whatever it takes (bribes all around) to get those apps onto the Playbook. Otherwise, you can bet that their lack hurts the Playbook's chances.
    I agree but I find mine very useful even without them. I guess we all do different things. I watch movies and tv shows when I feel like it.
    02-21-12 06:39 PM
    Open dm, plug playbook in while on, after dm recognizes pb restart pb, watch for option to update etc. choose update.
    02-21-12 06:41 PM
    downgrade to 1.0.8 and then install os 2.0. it will fix the problem!
    02-21-12 06:42 PM
    Lots of good stuff from the new OS, but I really wish that you can have more than one doc file or pdf file open at the same time. I thought they might do something similar to the messages app where you have multiple taps open or like in the Print To Go app as well.
    02-21-12 06:55 PM
    Hello Friends!
    As Blackberry OS 2.0 is released today morning and I am sure you all have already updated your Playbooks to OS 2.0. You all are exploring OS 2.0 and definately, there is something what you like most in OS 2.0 and there is still something missing or not as you wanted it in OS 2.0.
    So share your good or bad experience encountered with OS 2.0.

Browser is.... snappier
    Calendar thanks to some help to stop multiple google calendars instead of just one is now working sweet
    Contacts are nice
    Podcast: Like how you can use your own feed URL for podcast app making it now worthwhile

Dislikes:
    Browser bookmark management sucks
    Video needs folder management and should be able to remember where you left off next time you launch a video
    Android app player is a bit buggy. I had to do a wipe and am restoring everything which is a royal pain in the arse because 2 android apps would not launch correctly no matter what I did. Now they work fine.
    There should be a better way than PB ID to manage video chatting. This way if you have more than one PB you are not forced to make separate BB ID for each. YOu have to choose, legally share bought apps or have ability to chat with other device, but not both.
    dave1701 likes this.
    02-21-12 07:01 PM
    Love , love , love the 2.0 update , its miles better Rim. Well done and good job. Much better than any damn ipad even without the wonderful bridge app .

Only one thing I am disappointed with is I can't sync the calendars on the pb or my berry. I could write them using remote control and then they would just sync for me easy . I use the mproductive app to know how manys meetings or tasks I have everyday . It would be very handy for me to sync to my pb calendar and my berry .

We playbooks users don't need an ebay or Amazon app because we a proper flashing supporting browser not a mobile joke browser ye have on the ipad.
    Last edited by bigpolla04; 02-21-12 at 08:43 PM.
    plh121 likes this.
    02-21-12 08:41 PM
    I guess if hulu and netflix and apps for ebay or amazon are what makes something useful for you then I don't know what to tell you. I bet it does flash sites better than your iPad.
    That's funny, Flash. A thing of the past. If the iPad did opt to have flash it would most likely do a better job at it. Like every thing else.
    Don't turn this thread into another iPad vs. Playbook thread or you will get just that and it will not turn out in your favor of owning just a playbook.

Some people do own both and and would like to enjoy both.
    02-21-12 09:37 PM
    Aright well I'm gonna post this before I read all of everybody's posts and get annoyed.

To the people who say that this is a minor update: I guess if you were on beta it was a halfway major update, but isn't that the point of beta? From the perspective of a 1.x user this update if humongous. The auto correct is on point, bridge 2.0 is amazingly responsive and effective and blackberry using open bluetooth standards is a huge toss the the development community. Dlna support will probably follow soon* fingers crossed* based on latest bbos leaks.

The browser is amazing. I have not been overly impressed with the browser on the last few builds. Maybe it was just an error but my browser was very laggy.

I can't wait to see what the next builds of bridge will have in store. Media streaming. It is currently audio capable for you nay sayers thru file manager, but I would love to see a better media interface with the features provided by a true media player.

I have had a couple of issues bringing the keyboard up but it seems to have disappeared with a couple of restarts. Other than that no real bugs.

The only thing that drives me crazy is that I can't close an app while side scrolling through the full sized windows. Drives me nuts, did in the beta too.

Overall I am impressed. RIM really listened to its community, beta community o's 2 feature necessity survey anyone? I remember doing that survey thinking that if they crammed half that stuff in I'd be happy and they delivered much more than I thought overall. People are disappointed about app support and I understand, but talk to the developers. I have and so have many other people on this site.

If you want the world sideload it. No hulu is hulus fault anyway and netflix sucks and blah blah blah. I agree, but the use of cascades is beautiful. Every new feature is extremely well implemented. I have yet to find any real bigs. If you are having problems security wipe a and reinstall. Something just went wrong. This is is extremely stable and we'll rounded.

So thank you RIM, we appreciate all the hard work, it's a great operating system and bridge 2.0 is just icing on the cake.
    Last edited by toobs623; 02-21-12 at 10:19 PM.
    02-21-12 10:08 PM
    I was a hardcore webOS guy and happy to see that OS 2.0 has just about all of the cool things I liked about webOS.

- native email, contacts and calendar are very well implemented
    - email conversations view is well implemented
    - killer search in email
    - you can deselect email and calendar sync for Google account and and only sync contacts (this was always awkward in webOS)
    - seems very smooth and stable
    - bridge keyboard
    - fast web browser
    - being able to launch a web url or file from the to phone is pretty cool (my friends are blown away)
    - number row on virtual keyboard (this is one reason I preferred the TouchPad over the iPad)
    - web reading mode is killer
    - side loaded apps are great and work flawlessly: Kindle, Google Maps, BBC News, IM+, Tapatalk

Dislikes:
    - can't get a 5 day work day view -- even though you can designate the work week -- maybe I'm missing something here?
    - no desktop sync for contacts (my main contact repository is MacOS Address book and had to sync through Google -- and that works well, but...
    - using the Bold as a trackpad is a little awkward - maybe there is a learning curve
    - two missing apps: Google maps, Kindle,
    - couldn't import account login credentials from phone
    - no Flash blocker (Flash is either on or off -- need a blocker with that allows "click on Flash"
    - no Print to Go driver for MacOS
    - keyboard is inconsistent -- get number row for passwords, but not not user names
    - Mail window pane management is not as intuitive as webOS
    - cannot access mail folders
    - android Pandora works -- but is pretty crappy looking

And I hoped for:
    - a phone app like the TouchPad for speakerphone, texting, etc.
    Last edited by boldmiata; 02-23-12 at 12:58 AM. Reason: I keep finding new things as I use
    02-21-12 10:34 PM
    Likes are more or less same for me as many of you have mentioned.

Few things I want or couldn't figure it out -

1. How to open password protected pdf files?

2. Release mentioned support for Android apps..how to access those?

3. Not able to configure microsoft exchange(outlook web exchange) for my official emails.

4. no new games as mentioned above, but got a new app called press reader from where in i can buy my region specific magazines/newspapers..real good! though not able to see the price.

5. can we have multiple home-screens so that we can categorize our shortcuts/apps?

Great release nevertheeless, thanks RIM!
    02-21-12 10:43 PM
    -Improved browser performance

Dislikes
    -Still cannot rotate pictures 90 degrees on the fly when using built in picture viewer. Can't understand the oversight on this one!
    02-21-12 10:47 PM
    Predictive type-FINALLY
    Browser-I don't know how but it is SO much faster now.
    Print-To-Go app-it isn't perfect but it works really well for me.
    Documents-To-Go- thank you thank you, the spreadsheet app is amazing

Dislikes
    Native email/contacts/calendar-I found it difficult to sync and a little frustrating with my bridge going off and then the email app
    Music Player-seems underwhelming and ineffective.
    Native file management-still rather poor even in this build
    Desktop Manager-I still am having trouble backing up and have yet to get an effective media sync

Overall I am very happy with my PB, but I was even before 2.0. A great tablet just got better.
    02-21-12 11:11 PM
    I hate the multiple tabs in the main screen and how you have to swipe left to right to access the second set of icons.

I hate how book reader crashes or doesnt render books properly since reading books is a big part of why I use the playbook . I wish I never upgraded. *sigh*
    02-21-12 11:18 PM
    Hello, I am new here and am glad I found this forum. I hope to get more out of my PB than I have. We got it for Christmas under the false impression that a) OS 2.0 was right around the corner, and b) that netflix would be supported.

I know that users here are really into RIM and the Playbook, but even with the OS 2.0 I'm really really dissapointed with this tablet. We basically use it for surfing and youtube. It can't do anything better than my iPad.

No hulu, no netflix, it doesn't even have an ebay or amazon app. And either I don't know how to find them or are there not many android apps with this new 2.0?

I would love some help to make this tablet more useful, it basically sits unless all of the tablets, smartphones, and the computer are in use and then only if someone really needs to check the internet.

Thanks

You know you can actually download the splashtop app for the playbook and u can watch hulu and netflix from ur comp or mac with ur pb cause that's what I do when I'm upstairs in my room and I don't feel like going downstairs I just connect my pb to my mac and I watch hulu and netflix
    Syonoq likes this.
    02-22-12 12:09 AM
    I am loving the updates! Bridge is working awesome and the OS2 has made the pb much more responsive.

However, there's still no pinch zoom for Facebook when browsing pictures. The picture app has its limitations when setting wallpapers as well (pictures get blown up and doesn't fit the screen nicely.

That said, there are just minor gripes and no dealbreaker. Am typing this outing my playbook and loving the new keyboard with predictive text sooooo much!
    02-22-12 12:59 AM
    That's funny, Flash. A thing of the past. If the iPad did opt to have flash it would most likely do a better job at it. Like every thing else.
    Don't turn this thread into another iPad vs. Playbook thread or you will get just that and it will not turn out in your favor of owning just a playbook.

Some people do own both and and would like to enjoy both.
    Sorry I didn't mean to turn it into that, I have both and the playbook can't compete in any arena. (I take it back, the speakers on the playbook kill the ipad). I was just trying to get some info about how people use the playbook. And I feel like it's been nearly two or three years since I've been bothered by a flash problem on my ios device.

I agree with the Hulu and Netflix comments (Skype too), but Amazon and eBay? Are you kidding me? I don't have "apps" for them on my laptop - they work exactly the same way on the Playbook. I use Amazon all the time, it's exactly like the desktop version! Why an app??

Here are shortcuts to new Amazon and eBay apps:

Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more ; and Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More Online Shopping | eBay

Perhaps I should charge $.99 for the above "apps", I think I pretty much duplicated the desktop experience.

I swear there are people who'd buy snow in a blizzard if Apple told them they needed it.
    I know you think it's funny but iOS users don't have to use the browser and I was calling them out for the ubiquity of their apps. If you want more examples of the playbooks lacking apps how about shazam, pandora, Flickr, instagram, or even angry birds. Or should i use the browser for this too? Ok so there is angry birds but it's 500% more than its andriod and iOS counterparts.

There are more free apps on ios than there on the playbook in its entirety.

You know you can actually download the splashtop app for the playbook and u can watch hulu and netflix from ur comp or mac with ur pb cause that's what I do when I'm upstairs in my room and I don't feel like going downstairs I just connect my pb to my mac and I watch hulu and netflix
    Thank you for your useful comment. I will look into it.
    02-22-12 01:41 AM
    Having only paid 169 pound for my bb pb l have a quality product at a very cheap price but l was disappointed at the lack of apps and no native file manager,l was hoping os2 would sort all the problems it hasn't, l will be looking at sideloading to solve the problems.
    Syonoq likes this.
    02-22-12 01:57 AM
    I'm quite new to Blackberry world but I was looking for a 7" tablet with a professional orientation adn I don't like android messy OS. The playbook was the choice , due to the price for one part and QNX for the other. I was waiting for the 2.0 to really have a decent tablet.
    - For the moment, I have to say that there is really a lack of apps on the App World. No good RSS google reader for example (I use the mobile website for the moment): Geereader is the best one but really not the standards I'm looking for. Bing Maps is a piece of S***, please put a online map app witch is good and free. I'm ok to buy one with offline abilities but not 5 bucks for just have google maps in an app ! Well to examples but I'm hoping that developers will come to the appworld due to the growing community of playbookers.
    - Calendar is cool, the gmail and hotmail calendars are intergrated (well I don't use them, I prefer keeping my calendar on local). But It lacks for me the ability to add more than ONE reminder.
    - Music app is clean but lacks a lot of features and the most important one : Create playlists !!! We are in 2012 guys ! Add different view modes too
    - Browser : Is fast and clean. I like the ability to have fullscreen mode. Favorites are not so well managed. If you have a lot of favorites you will be unable to find them quickly.
    - USB Connection : My biggest disappointment is the USB Mass Storage ability. I read about this ability on websites but I didn't find any way to mount my playbook as a USB thumb drive (I'm on XP SP3). I need to use the BB software which is slow and somehow quite "cheap" programing for a "professional grade software. (I like the complete backup feature, even if I didn't used it yet).
    Mail : Why is it impossible to load more than 30 days of mails ? If I want to have all my emails in one account how can I do ? Search abilities is only on local mail to those remained in the server. Is that a professional mail app ?

I know that I gave a lot of bad points here, but in general I'm quite satisfied of my Playbook. Sensitivity of the screen is sometimes too fast, you touch the screen to scroll and it makes the action (open a link etc.). I'm just exited to see some growing app collection and more little features added. I hope that RIM just learned from the past errors and finally becomes again a leader in mobile devices.

EDIT :
    @sharonjpp
    try Air Browser it's free and quite decent
    Last edited by Hazzgard; 02-22-12 at 02:11 AM.
    02-22-12 02:06 AM
    - USB Connection : My biggest disappointment is the USB Mass Storage ability. I read about this ability on websites but I didn't find any way to mount my playbook as a USB thumb drive (I'm on XP SP3). I need to use the BB software which is slow and somehow quite "cheap" programing for a "professional grade software. (I like the complete backup feature, even if I didn't used it yet).
    when you plug in your playbook to a computer that is not running a blackberry desktop software, an installation is shown on a "drive" from the playbook asking you to install a software for controlling the playbook's Mass Storage Drive (a tiny subset of the Desktop software), it'd then allow you to see the Playbook's media storage afterwards.

...another way would be through Wi-fi, but I doubt that's your answer anyway.
    02-22-12 02:25 AM
    My like and dislike...

• native mail that can be synced at will (ability to not automatically sync)
    • native calender that shows more information on what you can do to the calenders (is it read only or not)
    • bridge remote (and its ability to control OTHER bluetooth enabled devices)

dislike
    • the bridge remote really needs time to get used to
    • the redundancy being created with the message/contacts/calenders being on both the playbook and the blackberry
    • starting any audio files from a file manager software will not go well (ie. being opened in a video player)
    02-22-12 02:39 AM
    Thanks ! It work now. I see it as a network drive anyway. Do you know if it works on Mac too ?
    02-22-12 02:39 AM
    Thanks ! It work now. I see it as a network drive anyway. Do you know if it works on Mac too ?
    just did a quick search (not a mac owner - I hate Apple products ever since itunes bloated me off) and it looks like you'd have to install the Desktop software
    02-22-12 02:44 AM
    Most of the recent USB-related material I saw was about USB OTG - ie allowing you to plug USB drives INTO the PB.

Haven't seen any sign of whether it's been implemented yet though.
    02-22-12 02:46 AM
    I agree with the Hulu and Netflix comments (Skype too), but Amazon and eBay? Are you kidding me? I don't have "apps" for them on my laptop - they work exactly the same way on the Playbook. I use Amazon all the time, it's exactly like the desktop version! Why an app??

Here are shortcuts to new Amazon and eBay apps:

Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more ; and Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More Online Shopping | eBay

Perhaps I should charge $.99 for the above "apps", I think I pretty much duplicated the desktop experience.

I swear there are people who'd buy snow in a blizzard if Apple told them they needed it.

Agreed. You'd think people have forgotten how to use a flippin website.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    02-22-12 02:52 AM
113 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD