Okay first off I'm new to the Playbook, I've only had it a couple of weeks and so far I'm enjoying the experience. I have a 9810 and using BB bridge is a delight. My daughter has a Z10 and from briefly messing with that the Z10 OS looks very similar to the PB OS, presumably because they are both based on QNX. I know there are lots of complaints about the browser on the PB and I must admit that occasionally it does become a bit unresponsive. Also I've seen lots of reference to the lack of apps for the PB. It seems unlikely at this stage that putting BB10 on the Playbook will reverse the sales trend of the device (is it still being manufactured?), so my question is, what difference would having BB10 make?
    06-19-13 07:38 AM
    Okay first off I'm new to the Playbook, I've only had it a couple of weeks and so far I'm enjoying the experience. I have a 9810 and using BB bridge is a delight. My daughter has a Z10 and from briefly messing with that the Z10 OS looks very similar to the PB OS, presumably because they are both based on QNX. I know there are lots of complaints about the browser on the PB and I must admit that occasionally it does become a bit unresponsive. Also I've seen lots of reference to the lack of apps for the PB. It seems unlikely at this stage that putting BB10 on the Playbook will reverse the sales trend of the device (is it still being manufactured?), so my question is, what difference would having BB10 make?
    BBM
    Better camera app
    Android jb support
    Larger app ecosystem
    BB10 browser (though u can use origamibrowser on current os for good results. )
    06-19-13 07:42 AM
    BBM
    Better camera app
    Android jb support
    Larger app ecosystem
    BB10 browser (though u can use origamibrowser on current os for good results. )
    Don't forget USB OTG! And bluetooth controller support!
    06-19-13 07:43 AM
    Yep
    06-19-13 07:46 AM
    I didn't realise that the PB doesn't come with BBM, I've been using it via BB bridge.

I know what USB is but what's OTG?
    06-19-13 08:05 AM
    I didn't realise that the PB doesn't come with BBM, I've been using it via BB bridge.

We r talking about native BBM
    U got n.BBM?

And USB on the go aka USB otg refers to using thumb drives with playbook and other stuff.
    06-19-13 08:20 AM

In layman's terms it's the ability to plug other devices into your PlayBook via usb, like memory sticks, card readers, printers, etc

Super handy for say, sticking in the memory card from my dslr to instantly load up pictures after taking them.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 08:21 AM
    I'm not up on the latest with bb10 but do the new phones support usb otg YET?
    06-19-13 08:30 AM
    a brain
    ...............................oh...wrong topic....or not....................
    06-19-13 08:34 AM
    No, supposed to be coming in 10.2, but it isn't available on 10.2.0.228 yet (not surprising, many things aren't including jelly bean) I'm not sure if it's present in. 341, but either way it will be in the official release in a month or two

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 08:36 AM
    In layman's terms it's the ability to plug other devices into your PlayBook via usb, like memory sticks, card readers, printers, etc

Super handy for say, sticking in the memory card from my dslr to instantly load up pictures after taking them.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I agree that would be a useful addition to the PB.
    06-19-13 08:42 AM
    The biggest change with OS10 on the PlayBook will probably be a better browser and the new keyboard like used in the Z10.

In addition, there will be new apps, for example the Mireo navigation program that uses on device TomTom maps. I used it on my Q10 for a trip to the USA a few weeks ago and it worked well. It would be even better on the big PlayBook screen.
    06-19-13 09:03 AM
    I need a better browser and apps from market.

Did you try to switch input characters on PleyBook?
    It's horrible!!!!
    06-19-13 10:11 AM
    Where is everyone getting the info on what BB10 will bring to the PB. I haven't heard if they are even going to do it.
    06-19-13 10:36 AM
    Where is everyone getting the info on what BB10 will bring to the PB. I haven't heard if they are even going to do it.
    Common sense if it does come.
    06-19-13 10:53 AM
    Android 4.2 Support
    Hub - Which i can careless about it on the Playbook.
    No lag when typing something.
    No more Browser crash and delay due to java-script
    06-19-13 10:57 AM
    BlackBerry has stated that BlackBerry 10 will be coming to the PlayBook. Evidence points to a 10.2 release for PlayBook.

I would add HUB to the list of things coming as it is central to the 10 experience.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 02:11 PM
    #1 for developers: API parity with the phones, so it is easy for us to port our apps from one form-factor to the other, and can do so with a single code base instead of having to maintain two different ones.

Also:

Cascades
    Invocation framework
    Stage3D in AIR 3.5
    Better WebGL, HTML5
    Miracast
    06-19-13 06:40 PM
    Customers that don't complain...

Posted via CB10
    msps and El Bori like this.
    06-23-13 03:09 PM
    A delusional false sense of hope?
    06-24-13 06:48 AM
    New bugs and missing bits that probably won't get fixed or built.

Yay!

It's just too late for BB10 on an antique tablet.
    06-24-13 09:20 AM
    Maybe working email?
    06-24-13 09:52 AM
    Maybe working email?
    email works fine,,, are there issues you're having that we can help with???
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-24-13 11:23 AM
    https://www.sec-consult.com/fxdata/s...alysis_v10.pdf
    it will give us what we all need. you me and everyone. fresh air and ROOT aka UID0 aka GUID0. and lastly it will allow us to load unsigned binaries. question is HOW! because it has not been exploited. but someone gotta go the dirty sh!tty work! if none does. i will try to do it myself.
    hope this helps!
    thanks
    -paul
    06-24-13 01:04 PM
    https://www.sec-consult.com/fxdata/s...alysis_v10.pdf
    it will give us what we all need. you me and everyone. fresh air and ROOT aka UID0 aka GUID0. and lastly it will allow us to load unsigned binaries. question is HOW! because it has not been exploited. but someone gotta go the dirty sh!tty work! if none does. i will try to do it myself.
    hope this helps!
    thanks
    -paul
    Good luck. You won't be the first to try and fail.
    06-24-13 01:27 PM
36 12