Hey all

So I have my PB chillin, but i feel bad for the guy, gets a lot of bad rep, he's pretty slow to boot up... but I would like to use it for something other than evidence that I love blackberry.

what do you use your PB for these days?
    are there any 3rd party app stores you can install? I find the default one to be a bit lack luster and really... ugly to be completely honest.
    Is it possible to downgrade and then jailbreak if I wanted to mess around with it?

all the best
    Jordan
    04-29-14 11:24 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/search....rchid=64201815

No 3rd party app store.
    No newer Android Runtime
    No rooting of the Bootloader

But if you look at the above search link you might have more luck with seeing what it can be used for.... it has been discussed a few times.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-29-14 11:34 AM
    Hey all

So I have my PB chillin, but i feel bad for the guy, gets a lot of bad rep, he's pretty slow to boot up... but I would like to use it for something other than evidence that I love blackberry.

are there any 3rd party app stores you can install? I find the default one to be a bit lack luster and really... ugly to be completely honest.
    Is it possible to downgrade and then jailbreak if I wanted to mess around with it?

all the best
    Jordan
    I use it for the same things I bought it for: Consumption of information. A larger screen to read email on (with my attached Bluetooth Keyboard cover) and a web tool. I have the LTE version but I find that I more often just pair it to my Z30 or whatever else I've got in my pocket at the time.

Nothing has changed for me - it does what it did when I first got it.

Android support could be a little nicer and that would certainly be helpful (there are a couple of ported applications that I would use in tablet format - otherwise I use the Web versions of those sites).
    mkelley65 and Omahahaha like this.
    04-29-14 11:41 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/search....rchid=64201815

No 3rd party app store.
    No newer Android Runtime
    No rooting of the Bootloader

But if you look at the above search link you might have more luck with seeing what it can be used for.... it has been discussed a few times.
    sorry, should have searched I spose. didnt mean to make double threads.
    04-29-14 01:05 PM
    sorry, should have searched I spose. didnt mean to make double threads.
    No problem.... just taught you would get more info looking at some of the past threads.
    04-29-14 01:24 PM
    I use it for Songza. Have it docked and connected to a speaker for nice background music.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-29-14 01:33 PM
    For reading in bed.
    Also makes a nice paper weight.
    04-29-14 05:03 PM
    Media... streaming soccer to the big screen and also videos

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    jc likes this.
    04-29-14 09:07 PM
    My son plays his dinosaur game on it. After I got my z30 I hardly use it at all

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.2947 on AT&T
    04-29-14 09:09 PM
    A lot of media (videos, music, pics) always carring a hdmi cable with it, i still use blaq (twitter client), some web browsing, and using bbm when im charging my z10, nothing fancy but i still use it regulary...
    04-30-14 08:56 AM
    Still lots:
    • Streaming radio (CBC and NCPR)
    • RSS feeds/podcasts through D7 Reader
    • News through Pulse app and CBC mobile site
    • Games -- lately NES roms and Jetpack Joyride
    • Exercise -- Max Capacity
    • Songza -- one of my faves for background streaming music!
    • Online banking
    • Email
    • Streaming video (HDMI sometimes) through TV sites, Stereotube, Crackle, Show Box

PB is still doing it for me!
    Last edited by mh1983; 04-30-14 at 11:04 AM.
    04-30-14 10:38 AM
    Paper weight
    04-30-14 10:39 AM
    Email, Twitter, light web browsing (news, weather radar, etc.).

Apollo (Pandora clone) is pretty neat. Nice to just let it play in the background while doing chores.

Listening to on-device music.

Watching on-device videos.

Alarm clock (Antair Nightstand) as a "backup" alarm to my Z10.

The YouTube app works OK too, but you can't browse subscriptions so it's only useful for doing searches or watching "trending" videos.

Still fun and useful
    04-30-14 11:01 AM
    Stuff.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 11:13 AM
    Cheeky bunch around here sometimes.
    milo53 likes this.
    04-30-14 12:42 PM
    Cheeky bunch around here sometimes.
    Cannot blames us after the abuse we took from BB, after dishing out several hundred dollars for this thing.

I use mine for media only, that's all it's good for really. I do love the hardware though!
    05-05-14 03:04 AM
    German video, but still

something like this? Just kidding, using it still as browser at home. Sadly ... that's all.
    05-05-14 04:01 AM
    Hey all

all the best
    Jordan
    A door stop!
    05-05-14 01:48 PM
    Mostly as an ebook reader, with some Web browsing when I am away for work. Rarely do I use it for emails anymore or anything else.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    05-05-14 01:51 PM
    When travel, for movies and web
    05-05-14 06:40 PM
    Mine broadcasts to a big screen in the office using hdmi out, for reading emails, looking at architectural drawings and Street Invoice. I've used my playbook as a mobile laptop from day one.. still the ultimate tablet!

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 02:37 PM
    Reading books with BookReader
    Streaming music/music from my home wifi with ES File Explorer
    Web Surfin
    Gaming
    05-21-14 02:42 PM
    I fill my 64GB PB up with movies and TV when I go camping. It's got a nice screen, loads of space and I wouldn't mind if it got damaged.
    05-23-14 03:54 AM
    Pretty much everything. Internet, movies, docs to go and BBWORLD still has some kick *** games on. Linked to my z30 I can access all the files there too.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    05-23-14 05:07 AM
    Yup, mind mapping, flowcharts, documents and Kobo as my ebookreader.

Posted trough my Z30 or Q10 via CB10
    05-24-14 09:44 AM
65 123