I have an odd situation on my home wifi network. For month's now my playbook would connect and then I could browse to my heart's content. This was until yesterday when suddenly I could not use the wifi browser. The bridge browser works, connection required apps like app world and geereader work just fine, but the browser can't connect or resolve the host names on my once working home net. I've restarted my router and repeater to no avail.

What befuddles me is that the other web based apps seem to work fine, just not the wifi browser. The browser works on other wifi hotspots, etc. just not at home.

Any ideas?

Playbook 16Gig and latest software update 1.0.7.3312
    11-14-11 03:29 PM
    Have you tried deleting the credentials and reconnecting?
    11-14-11 03:30 PM
    If by that you mean did I delete the saved connection preferences, then yes (not terribly tech term savvy, one reason I like the PB)
    11-14-11 03:33 PM
    Huh. .

Does your browser have any firewalls?

Do other devices connect and browse fine(meaning other laptops or phones)
    11-14-11 03:44 PM
    Not that I'm aware of. And, like I said, none of the settings changed that I'm aware of between last week and last night when the problems kicked in. I didn't think that the PB browser had firewalls?

Thanks for the help

Oh, and yes, all of the other devices (laptop, desktop tivo, Wii, phones, etc.) connect just fine. The PB connects and app world etc. work, just not the browser.
    11-14-11 03:55 PM
    So other things to try include cycling power (best way for this: hold power button for 10s to ensure a "hard" reset), and (probably first) clear all the browser history and/or cache and such.
    11-14-11 04:02 PM
    Thanks, I'll try this. I've hard re-set the PB, but will clear everything and then do the same and see what happens.
    11-14-11 04:04 PM
    Thanks to all for the help, I finally restarted my home network, wiped and reinstalled the OS on my PB and now all is well (As of this am)

Thanks again
    11-15-11 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD