Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 48 of 48
Like Tree18Likes
  1. SifJar's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,373 Posts
    #26  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly_FR View Post
    Would I risk a "if you sideload [unknown sources] you can't really know what's going to append next" ?
    Oh no ! This would be a very grumpy advice and a proof of my antic age.
    I am fairly sure I have had this issue of repeating notifications due to Android apps installed from the App World. Side loading has nothing to do with it.

    EDIT: For the record, I have had no problems due to side loading, although that may be in part due to me knowing a bit about Android and being able to properly remove all traces of any trouble some apps.
    UberCurrency - Free currency conversion app for PlayBook.
    Thanked by:
    Superfly_FR (06-09-2012) 
  2. miroozy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    241 Posts
    #27  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SifJar View Post
    I fixed my notifications by installing ghost commander from app world, then in the left pane chose apps, then found the downloads app, then chose "shortcuts" tapped the shortcut that appeared, launching the downloads app. From there I deleted the failed downloads and the notifications have stopped now. No need to uninstall any apps, unless they keep retrying the downloads even after deleting them manually.
    thx a zillion ! ...these notifications almost got into my nightmares !
  3. Ruslan Botsyurko's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    596 Posts
    #28  

    Default

    Yep, had this issue a while ago on 2.0 beta. The other way is to sideload any android launcher, then reach the downloads system app and delete all contents.

    Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk 2
  4. SifJar's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,373 Posts
    #29  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Farokh View Post
    Yep, had this issue a while ago on 2.0 beta. The other way is to sideload any android launcher, then reach the downloads system app and delete all contents.

    Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk 2
    Pretty much the same thing, but installing a Launcher gives an irritating prompt every time you launch any Android app asking which launcher to use. Using Ghost Commander does not.
    UberCurrency - Free currency conversion app for PlayBook.
  5. Ruslan Botsyurko's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    596 Posts
    #30  

    Default

    Agree.

    Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk 2
  6. romans10verse9's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #31  

    Default

    I hope I didn't double my comment. Thank you for post. The quick app manager suggestion solved the tubemate download complete notification problem I was having.
  7. ameetmedi's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #32  

    Default Re: Weird Android notification every couple hours on my Playbook

    thanks for this post. I had the same issue and now have it fixed.
  8. September70's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #33  

    Default

    This forum has just helped me to get rid of a notification of a pdf that I deleted but kept appearing. Thank you.
  9. Beakman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    363 Posts
    #34  

    Default

    Any way to get into the android downloads file without Ghost Commander or similar? I had to delete GC because it was crashing on opening and now I'm in a location that doesn't support app world. The constant notification (always pops up when a different wifi connection is made) is really driving me nutz.

    Or anyone can give me a path so I can use Files And Folders?
    Treo 650 > Treo 680 (x2) > HTC Tilt (Smashy Smashy) Treo 680 (x2) > BB 9800 + 9530 + 9550 + PB32g (smashy smashy) > PB64g > Viewpad 7 > HP Slate 500 PB64 > 3X 9550/9550 work beaters + Nokia N9 + iPhone4 work issued + 2X Z10 + Microsoft Surface Pro 2 256
  10. pacoman03's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,109 Posts
    #35  

    Default

    You should be able to do it using ES File Explorer.
  11. SifJar's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,373 Posts
    #36  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beakman View Post
    Any way to get into the android downloads file without Ghost Commander or similar? I had to delete GC because it was crashing on opening and now I'm in a location that doesn't support app world. The constant notification (always pops up when a different wifi connection is made) is really driving me nutz.

    Or anyone can give me a path so I can use Files And Folders?
    Files and Folders won't work, has to be an Android app that can launch other Android apps. There are others, but the easiest way to install any of them is app world. Are you able to sideload? If so, sideload this: EZ Launcher for Playbook - Blackberry Playbook Android Apps | Good e-Reader Android APP Store - Playbook App Market ; it should let you launch the "Downloads" app and remove the bad download. Afterwards you can delete the launcher (otherwise you will get an annoying prompt every time you run any Android app).

    pacoman03: I don't seem to be able to access the Downloads app via ES File Manager's "App Manager" function, if that's what you're referring to? I can only see apps that have been installed, not the default apps such as Downloads or Browser.
    UberCurrency - Free currency conversion app for PlayBook.
  12. Beakman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    363 Posts
    #37  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacoman03 View Post
    You should be able to do it using ES File Explorer.
    Don't have it, can't get it either. I'll keep this on mind when I get to a different location. Thanks.
    Treo 650 > Treo 680 (x2) > HTC Tilt (Smashy Smashy) Treo 680 (x2) > BB 9800 + 9530 + 9550 + PB32g (smashy smashy) > PB64g > Viewpad 7 > HP Slate 500 PB64 > 3X 9550/9550 work beaters + Nokia N9 + iPhone4 work issued + 2X Z10 + Microsoft Surface Pro 2 256
  13. Beakman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    363 Posts
    #38  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SifJar View Post
    Files and Folders won't work, has to be an Android app that can launch other Android apps. There are others, but the easiest way to install any of them is app world. Are you able to sideload? If so, sideload this: EZ Launcher for Playbook - Blackberry Playbook Android Apps | Good e-Reader Android APP Store - Playbook App Market ; it should let you launch the "Downloads" app and remove the bad download. Afterwards you can delete the launcher (otherwise you will get an annoying prompt every time you run any Android app).

    pacoman03: I don't seem to be able to access the Downloads app via ES File Manager's "App Manager" function, if that's what you're referring to? I can only see apps that have been installed, not the default apps such as Downloads or Browser.
    Too dumb to sideload, and no personal pc to work with. I'll just reinstall GC when I can and try that. Thank you anyway.
    Treo 650 > Treo 680 (x2) > HTC Tilt (Smashy Smashy) Treo 680 (x2) > BB 9800 + 9530 + 9550 + PB32g (smashy smashy) > PB64g > Viewpad 7 > HP Slate 500 PB64 > 3X 9550/9550 work beaters + Nokia N9 + iPhone4 work issued + 2X Z10 + Microsoft Surface Pro 2 256
  14. pacoman03's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,109 Posts
    #39  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SifJar View Post

    pacoman03: I don't seem to be able to access the Downloads app via ES File Manager's "App Manager" function, if that's what you're referring to? I can only see apps that have been installed, not the default apps such as Downloads or Browser.
    In ES, after you open the App manager, tap on the "Category" button on the toolbar. Then select "System apps". Downloads will then show.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weird Android notification every couple hours on my Playbook-img_20120969.jpg   Weird Android notification every couple hours on my Playbook-img_20120970.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    ismael280373 (03-18-2013) 
  15. SifJar's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,373 Posts
    #40  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacoman03 View Post
    In ES, after you open the App manager, tap on the "Category" button on the toolbar. Then select "System apps". Downloads will then show.
    Ah, thanks. Didn't notice that button.

    Beakman: ES is an easier solution in this case than EZ Launcher, but both need to be sideloaded.
    UberCurrency - Free currency conversion app for PlayBook.
  16. ibainzyy's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #41  

    Default

    Thanks so much for this that notification was annoying constantly popping up
  17. Beakman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    363 Posts
    #42  

    Talking

    GC & QAM downloaded and Bingo! done. thank you all.
    Treo 650 > Treo 680 (x2) > HTC Tilt (Smashy Smashy) Treo 680 (x2) > BB 9800 + 9530 + 9550 + PB32g (smashy smashy) > PB64g > Viewpad 7 > HP Slate 500 PB64 > 3X 9550/9550 work beaters + Nokia N9 + iPhone4 work issued + 2X Z10 + Microsoft Surface Pro 2 256
  18. dangrgrl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #43  

    Default

    THANK YOU x 1E6!!!! My heart sank when I saw another poster had to do a security wipe. I had Ghost Commander but had no idea what it could do. Followed your instructions and worked like a charm. Peace and quiet on my beloved Playbook once again. :-)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one."
    A. Lincoln.
  19. amiteo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    170 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #44  

    Default

    Thank you - very helpful post - I had been getting this for a while, but hopefully the PB will be a bit calmer now!
  20. anthonycoetzer's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #45  

    Default

    Thanx, it saved me countless headaches. Now my notification is clear and for the future it would be cleared if it happens again. Ghost Commander works 100% for this. No hassle.
  21. obsessive_compulsive's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #46  

    Default

    Thanks for this, I've had a problem with an Android notification for over a month and thought I could never get rid of it. Ghost Commerder worked perfectly.
  22. ma678's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    211 Posts
    #47  

    Default

    I'm glad I found this solution which works very well. Now all those annoying notifications are gone completely.

    Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by SifJar View Post
    I fixed my notifications by installing ghost commander from app world, then in the left pane chose apps, then found the downloads app, then chose "shortcuts" tapped the shortcut that appeared, launching the downloads app. From there I deleted the failed downloads and the notifications have stopped now. No need to uninstall any apps, unless they keep retrying the downloads even after deleting them manually.

    EDIT: A slightly easier method: Get "Quick App Manager" from the App World, run it and it should show icons for all Android apps. Tap "Downloads" (icon is a green square with a white downward arrow) and then "Open". From there delete the failed downloads.

    Less taps required to get to the Downloads app this way than via Ghost Commander, but that's the only difference. Ghost Commander is still a more useful tool overall IMO, especially now that it is optimised for PB usage.
    Blackberry Bold 9900 on Wind Mobile Canada.
    Blackberry Playbook running OS 2.1.840 beta.
    Amazon Kindle Fire running Jelly Bean CM10.
  23. El Bori's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    96 Posts
    #48  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SifJar View Post
    I fixed my notifications by installing ghost commander from app world, then in the left pane chose apps, then found the downloads app, then chose "shortcuts" tapped the shortcut that appeared, launching the downloads app. From there I deleted the failed downloads and the notifications have stopped now. No need to uninstall any apps, unless they keep retrying the downloads even after deleting them manually.

    EDIT: A slightly easier method: Get "Quick App Manager" from the App World, run it and it should show icons for all Android apps. Tap "Downloads" (icon is a green square with a white downward arrow) and then "Open". From there delete the failed downloads.

    Less taps required to get to the Downloads app this way than via Ghost Commander, but that's the only difference. Ghost Commander is still a more useful tool overall IMO, especially now that it is optimised for PB usage.
    Excellent post helped me out allot thank you...
    Thanks,
    El Bori
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions