I upgraded my PlayBook OS to the latest release today and now it keeps asking me to enter my password for my gmail account. It will not accept the correct password and I have double checked that I am entering the correct one.

Is anyone else experiencing this and know a fix?
    08-03-12 01:32 PM
    Figured it out. I had to go into gmail account settings using my pc and generate a new Application Specific password for my PlayBook gmail set up as I use the 2-Step Verification process for Gmail.

I hope this helps if anyone else has this issue.
    Last edited by skynny70; 08-07-12 at 02:01 PM.
    08-03-12 01:55 PM
    I am still having issues with Gmail on my PlayBook since the OS upgrade. I have to reset the Gmail "One Time Password" for my PlayBook every few days.

Is anyone else having this issue?
    08-15-12 11:15 AM
    I haven't. Have you removed the gmail account. Rebooted, then re-added it?
    08-15-12 01:32 PM
    10 chacters
    Last edited by blockbuy; 08-15-12 at 03:53 PM.
    08-15-12 03:48 PM
    I haven't. Have you removed the gmail account. Rebooted, then re-added it?
    I have tried re adding it but can't remember if I rebooted my PB before adding the gmail account back. I will try that process again and see if it resolves the issue.
    08-16-12 10:25 AM
    I've been having problems today. Did everything from a hard re-boot and wipe and account deletion etc. Had to disable the gmail email for now because the password screen kept popping up every couple of minutes. Using email through Bridge at the moment. Definitely not an isolated incident it seems.
    08-16-12 03:45 PM
    I'm having the same problem as-well, hopefully OS 2.1 isn't that far down the pipeline, until then a quick fix would be BlackBerry Bridge.
    08-16-12 04:10 PM
    Hello everyone...

For those of you having issues with Gmail or googlemail accounts on the PlayBook you need to log in to your Google account via a browser and configure a Application Specific password for your PlayBook.
    Google will create a random 16 digit password which you will need to use when configuring your Google account on the device.

I used my PlayBook to open this username / account. So I know it CAN be done and your emails, calendars, contacts can all be synched with this Beta version...

Good luck!
    Last edited by jrb-uk; 08-16-12 at 04:41 PM.
    08-16-12 04:35 PM
    I also had to re-enter my password repeatedly. Went to settings/accounts, and re entered the password there.
    08-16-12 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD