- CrackBerry Abuser
- 257 Posts
upgrade path from 2.1 to 10
Was thinking about the upgrade path from 2.1 to 10.
I am guesssing that the
flat file system layout is something that we are stuck with for compatibility reasons.
Somebody probbly loves it.
Any other potential albatrosses(sp) come to mind?
- CrackBerry Addict
11-15-2012, 06:54 AM #4
- 564 Posts
For instance, if you want to do serious photograpy, you immediately end with hundred of images, cleanly spread among various folders, that you can use a nice alternative filemanager to deal with. OK up to now.
Then, fire an image processing app, ask for opening a pic: 9 times out of ten, the app will just show you the standard system filepicker --in other words, something that will try to show you *all* the photos, merged together (after half a minute, if it doesn't just choke from the number)
This, is still a terrible issue.
In this 'photo' case, for instance, it's a criterion that kills most of the potential apps, which is bad.
- 11-15-2012, 08:52 AM #5
- By louzer in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 1Last Post: 02-04-2012, 11:59 AM
- By araxhiel in forum BlackBerry Curve 85xxReplies: 16Last Post: 01-26-2011, 08:21 PM
- By scuubaasteeve88 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 8Last Post: 10-07-2010, 02:53 AM
- By BBWhyMe in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 5Last Post: 12-26-2009, 10:03 PM
- By vickiaa in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 09-18-2007, 01:16 PM