Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Updated OS - 2.1.0.1526

Just downloading new OS. Any idea what we're getting?
    CrackBerry Addict

welcome to last month.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by north60hale View Post
    Just downloading new OS. Any idea what we're getting?
    I'll tell you what I'm getting, Battery drains quicker for me. I've had this problem before a couple of updates ago. Hopefully next update will correct this for me. Other than that it seems snappier and app world icon/name changed.
    CrackBerry User

i don't know if this is new in the os update but I just found it (whether it was there before will be unknown unless someone can confirm)...
    i have just come across the little gesture that allows you to 'peek' at the top bar, the one which contains time, date, battery, wifi, bluetooth (, etc.) info whilst running other tasks such as video, video chat, etc.
    i'd not seen this handy little gesture until this evening when i was video-chatting and attempted to wipe the screen with the microfibre cloth and i accidentally triggered the gesture.
    it's new to me but a useful little thing.
    to activate the peek at the top bar info while running other tasks, swipe down from the top bezel along the right side of the screen.

could anybody confirm if this is a new thing brought in during the latest update or whether I'm just slow on the uptake?
    hope to be of help to someone who didn't know of the existence of this handy little gesture.
    and the reason i thought it might have been a new thing, before someone corrects me, is that when i stumbled upon it i instantly thought of 'peeking', a widely acclaimed action associated with the BB10 phone and i thought it would have something to do with the PB gearing up for the transition to BB10.
    Last edited by chadwick777; 02-25-2013 at 07:52 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by EricB1968 View Post
    I'll tell you what I'm getting, Battery drains quicker for me. I've had this problem before a couple of updates ago. Hopefully next update will correct this for me. Other than that it seems snappier and app world icon/name changed.
    Try following this and report back here as to whether it improves things.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chadwick777 View Post
    to activate the peek at the top bar info while running other tasks, swipe down from the top bezel along the right side of the screen.

could anybody confirm if this is a new thing brought in during the latest update or whether I'm just slow on the uptake?
    That's been available for quite awhile. I wouldn't call you slow though...
    Up to 50GB FREE
    http://min.us/r5rGkXk
    Thanked by:
    chadwick777 (02-27-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

I wish Blackberry will put out some kind of info (perhaps on their website) about what the update is all about. And then someone can post it here.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default RE: Updated OS - 2.1.0.1526

I refuse to update to 1526 after reading about the problems. Will wait for the bb10 update. Hopefully it comes soon.. I really feel for those experiencing massive battery drain
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by sexybabe88 View Post
    I refuse to update to 1526 after reading about the problems. Will wait for the bb10 update. Hopefully it comes soon.. I really feel for those experiencing massive battery drain
    I remain entirely unconvinced that the procedure detailed in BlackBerry's PlayBook forum for resolving this, does not clear up any instances of this.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    23246A0C

My Battery drains quicker and weak wifi signal .... in older version all ok in my opinion .........