Okay since I downloaded the OS my free storage went from 2gb to 0 bytes. i deleted somethings yesterday 241mb, checked today and 0 BYTES AGAIN !!

- I am having problems opening doc files, it tells me previously opened document wasn't properly closed every time I open another word Doc, never had this problem before.

- Probe the humans went haywire on me, I cant even play anymore it just plays by itself in a blank screen

- My email account just crashed everytime i open "This application was interrupted. Please close and open it again to continue. (30000)"

What gives ?? I need my tablet for school and now its Failing on me.
    10-29-12 01:00 AM
    Update Contacts now not working, having problems opening calendar. I just don't get what is going on.
    10-29-12 01:03 AM
    I'll be the first out of potentially many, but you probably should wipe your device.

Sounds like some OS files may be corrupted or damaged in some manner.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-29-12 01:09 AM
    Wiping doesn't help at all - I did it 3 times, plus 4 times via DM and serious problems are still here.
    Truly hope RIM will issue very soon new, but this time correct update.
    This one doesn't have sense at all!!
    10-29-12 09:10 AM
    I have been having issue with webbrowser crashing since these last two updates 2.1. Notably with CB blog, HBO Go, and Amazon video Prime.

This sucks. I perhaps would trade for no sms bridge if I would have known. I noticed similar issue on my wife PB too.
    10-29-12 09:47 AM
    I can confirm the the email error and the web browser closing for no reason. Before the update I did not either problem.
    10-29-12 09:54 AM
    I should have added that memory usage soars for no reason and News Republic crashes and fails to load from news alerts properly.
    10-29-12 09:57 AM
    The only browser issue I have is if I clear all and come back to cb when I first sign in poof she gone. I just open it again and I'm signed in and no more issue until I clear all again.
    10-29-12 09:58 AM
    I'm also having multiple problems, especially with browser crashes......this is ridiculous. The updates are supposed to improve the PlayBook, instead it appears to be going backwards.....I'm extremely frustrated
    10-29-12 10:00 AM
    Where is it crashing? Have some links? Sideloaded android apps?
    10-29-12 10:22 AM
    Where is it crashing? Have some links? Sideloaded android apps?
    It crashes on several different sites especially CRACKBERRY. As you know kbz1960, I've been around for awhile and have tried everything and nothing seems to work. This is a very disappointing update for my PlayBook. I can't express (insert colorful verbs) my dissatisfaction with this update
    10-29-12 10:40 AM
    Yep, I know you've been around the block lol. I just don't know why all the different experience with the same hardware and OS beyond stuff added to it, settings and sideloaded android apps and who know what havoc they might cause since they aren't ported by the devs and tweaked.

I had mine totally lockup twice so I wiped it and then I debricked it. So far the only poof I have come across is when first signing into cb and after that no issues. I was asking for links so I could see if mine has an issue or not with the other sites.
    10-29-12 10:49 AM
    Yet another POOF, from Crackberry wallpapers thread......it's not just the poofs, it's the overall performance of the "new" update. I'm trying to decide if I want to wait on another update or just use my PlayBook as a Frisbee and fly it off my back deck . Sooooooo disappointed to still have problems with updates as long as the PlayBook has been available. Makes no sense.......never sideloaded any Android apps......and only have one Android (bible) app. WTF.
    Last edited by spencerdl; 10-29-12 at 11:18 AM.
    10-29-12 11:06 AM
    Yep frustrating, btw these pages? Well cb isn't working for uploading pics right now but I was in the wallpaper section looking at them with 5 tabs open and no poof or issue.
    10-29-12 11:21 AM
    Yep frustrating, btw these pages? Well cb isn't working for uploading pics right now but I was in the wallpaper section looking at them with 5 tabs open and no poof or issue.
    I'm glad to hear your Playbook is responding well to the new update......want to trade . (just kidding). I guess I'm forced to delete EVERYTHING and start from scratch. I shouldn't have to do this as long as I've had my device.......after ALL the updates this is the first time I'm having PROBLEMS .
    10-29-12 11:34 AM
    I agree, we shouldn't have to wipe, debrick or whatever to resolve issues but if someone wants a working device sometimes it is the only thing you can do, that or go ahead and use it as a frisbee.
    10-29-12 11:45 AM
    I have not side loading my PB first of all.

Every time I go to CB blog, then try to load the next page link down below, it almost always crashes. To be specific, I click on the specific topic link not page number.

For HBO GO, the show will run and stop running every 15-20min. Amazon Prime video, crashes when I tried to browse through the selection pages. Now I find that my ESPN live no longer loads on my PB. Quite frustrating!

As much as I don't care much for apps, I think having the choice would be nice. Hope that RIM get their act together for BB 10.
    10-29-12 12:08 PM
    I've seen two playbooks with identical configurations (all native apps, no sideloading, no additional apps installed of any kind) respond differently to this last update. I have to guess there is different hardware in these tablets (chipsets?).
    10-29-12 01:01 PM
    I have been running .1088 and not had any problems until this evening, when I experienced browser dropping-out with some links on the Crackberry website, never on another website.
    After clearing cache, history, etc., it is working OK again.

This is the first problem that I have experienced with 2.1 and I am very happy with my PB and 2.1.
    10-29-12 05:51 PM
    UPDATE: I was looking into doing a hard reset (hold volume keys+power button ) on the playbook AND SUCCESS, my documents can now be opened, everything is back to normal including the depreciation of my storage.

Still having a problem with probe the humans not running right. but I managed to solve the problem for now.

I checked the About and it says

Boot Time Oct 29, 11:45 EDT 2012.

Does this mean the os has restarted ? It seems to be running better now

So nothing has crashed all day.
    10-29-12 07:36 PM
    I'm glad to hear your Playbook is responding well to the new update......want to trade . (just kidding). I guess I'm forced to delete EVERYTHING and start from scratch. I shouldn't have to do this as long as I've had my device.......after ALL the updates this is the first time I'm having PROBLEMS .
    So sorry to hear you're having problems after the update. I would be really torqued off if I had to do a wipe and reload as well. Every time I "ok" an update I fear I might be next and we shouldn't have to feel that way. I hold my breath until I make sure all is well. Please let us know how things turn out. Really hoping you get it sorted out and soon.
    10-29-12 08:24 PM
    My 64 GB unit has gone thru each of the updates since it was new last Christmas. I guess I'm lucky as I don't seem to have the problems everyone keeps talking about. I have sideloaded apps on it and have placed newer apps on since the latest update. The only thing I can say is it appears the sideloaded Android apps appear to be a bit sluggish on changing screens.

I am wondering if these sideloaded apps are leaving some files around as the amount of free storage space seems to be smaller than it was a few months ago. The apps are uninstalled using the same tool that they were installed with.
    10-29-12 08:54 PM
    No sideloaded apps yet, but upgrade has left browser hanging at the end ofage loads, often times out, even if I clear everything and turn off cookies.
    10-30-12 05:33 AM
    Well, I thought I drop a note or two here. After a few more reboot, all is working fine again.
    11-04-12 08:38 AM
    my broswer crashing within minues
    11-09-12 01:39 PM
27 12