Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Soon :D

Either that, or everyone and their mother is pinging the server checking for an update, lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    You can't reason a person out of an opinion he didn't reason himself into.

Find me on Twitter: @mahen915
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Soon :D

Quote Originally Posted by kirkster2000 View Post
    I have a friend who sent me a BBM this morning saying he opened up his PB today and had the 2.0 download waiting for him. He's up and running. Nothing for me yet though.
    Hmm, I wonder if RIM made an accidental push and is messing with the server now :/

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    You can't reason a person out of an opinion he didn't reason himself into.

Find me on Twitter: @mahen915
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts

There will be a mess if RIM doesn't pre announce they are going to manage the roll out! It should be first come first serve with RIM controlling the roll out automatically by getting to oldest units first rather than a free for all! And no, I don't own an older PB, bought mine for xmas.
    Last edited by mawil1013; 02-09-2012 at 09:05 AM.
    pinkert11 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    441 Global Posts

I just purchased a 64G PB yesterday... brought it back to the office and started attempting setup.... no go.... didn't know if it was my wifi or what.

Being a PB newb.... I was sweating a bit...... but after charging and checking every 10-15 minutes....... after about an hour and half I got connected to the server.

Since then all is good!!

but.... thankfully I read here about some server issues and didn't sweat too much
    CrackBerry User

The servers are going through maintenance so please continue to hammer them even though you do not need to update.
    ljo01 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Bah....just now successfully connected to the update server to see the following message:

"You currently have the latest software installed."

So 1.0.8.6067 for some time yet. I guess it's good, I can get back to doing stuff now rather than checking for that 2.0 update I'm waiting for.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just re-connected for me too. Still no 2.0
    CrackBerry User

This is nothing new, the problem of connecting to update server has been on-going since Saturday 4th Feb. Its particularly frustrating to new owners of the PB who are going through their initial setup and RIM in their infinite wisdom decided that you can only use your PB after completing the update step of your new PB hence rendering the PB as glorious door stop until RIM get their server back up.

See discussion here -> Could not connect to update server. (9)
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Tried to check this morning with no luck. Tried again a few minutes ago and now it instantly tells me Im up to date
    MBL! = Much Berry Love
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

Wasnt working for me this morning but its working now (4pm est) still only has 1.0.8.6067But as I type this I just got a download interupted error
    so I Guess its not working as it downloaded 80% and failed.
    no 2.0 and I cant even get back to current release.This is lame.
    CrackBerry User

Don't know if it has anything to with te servers but in the last week app world gave a notification that my BB ID could not be verryfied.
    Solved it the last time by a full reset and starting the instal from scratch...... but I hate doing it every week...

Anyone?

Cheers
    Marco (Netherlands)
    Banned

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jbl0ggs View Post
    This is nothing new, the problem of connecting to update server has been on-going since Saturday 4th Feb. Its particularly frustrating to new owners of the PB who are going through their initial setup and RIM in their infinite wisdom decided that you can only use your PB after completing the update step of your new PB hence rendering the PB as glorious door stop until RIM get their server back up.

See discussion here -> Could not connect to update server. (9)
    The infinite wisdom is not unique to RIM. There are quite a few Android tablets that also need to go online to check for updates before you can actually use them.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

I can connect to the severs. Is the problem only for beta users?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,090 Global Posts

At Devcon they gave stats on AppWorld, I wonder what the number would be if they released the amount if times the 'check for updates button has been pushed. Come to think of it, it may very well be the most used feature at the moment given 2.0 is so close.

:-).
    CrackBerry User

Hi, is it necessary to backup my PB before updating to 2.0?
    CrackBerry Abuser

OS 2 wipes everything clean, not a single thing you put on there will be there. Yes, you need to back up anything you want to keep. Apps you paid for can be redownloaded for free after 2.0 is in , so make a list, else you may forget many.
    Banned

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aloon69 View Post
    OS 2 wipes everything clean, not a single thing you put on there will be there. Yes, you need to back up anything you want to keep. Apps you paid for can be redownloaded for free after 2.0 is in , so make a list, else you may forget many.
    So who exactly provided you with this information? At least part of what you said is simply wrong. Why would anyone need to write down all of their apps when they will all still be sitting in the My World section of App World? Given going from 1.0.8 to the beta does not "wipe everything clean" I would bet that the same is true for the final. In any case, there will certainly be disclaimer instructions when it is released.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jbl0ggs View Post
    And a slew of lawsuit threats will likely follow this "outage." Research In Motion could countersue but being stupid is not a civil nor criminal offense though has been effectively used as a defense.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rgainsmi View Post
    At Devcon they gave stats on AppWorld, I wonder what the number would be if they released the amount if times the 'check for updates button has been pushed...
    Those statistics probably include all the "check for update" just to keep the numbers more enticing to developers. However, as has been documented many times there are developers of applications in BlackBerry AppWorld earning over CAD100,000.00 from their applications so it balances out in the end.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by aloon69 View Post
    Not true... A security wipe will wipe everything (if you do one - I'm using the beta and so will be), straight OS upgrade doesn't (last one even kept all my sideloaded apps too).
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2689xxxx

I still can't connect to the update server, error (2011), what should I do ?

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

Quote Originally Posted by makhoder View Post
    I still can't connect to the update server, error (2011), what should I do ?
    When I tried to update yesterday (and still this morning) from the PB, I had the 2032 error msg.
    Surprisingly, when I plugged my PB to Desktop Software management via USB (this morning), I got an upgrade suggestion (didn't went threw, it would downgrade beta 7111 to regular 1.0.8). You may give it a try ...
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12