I'm hoping it means they're putting some new software up, but currently the servers cannot be connected to.
    gloostar likes this.
    02-09-12 04:14 AM
    Nothing yet...

Maybe we've broken it through excessive checking for updates!?!
    Last edited by Rgainsmi; 02-09-12 at 06:34 AM.
    91300zx likes this.
    02-09-12 05:43 AM
    I know we're all impatient for 0S2.0 but remember that apps are still being submitted this week and next, so don't expect it for another 10 days or so.
    02-09-12 05:48 AM
    Yep, cannot connect either. Something is cooking...

Oh yes, here we go! Working!!!!!

Downloading now.
    02-09-12 06:10 AM
    Lol... That's nasty!
    02-09-12 06:13 AM
    Can't connect either. Rational me doubts it's 2.0 but excited me hopes it is.
    dvalle likes this.
    02-09-12 06:20 AM
    The servers are down simply to perform weekly maintenance of the warcraft realm servers.
    02-09-12 06:27 AM
    The servers are down simply to perform weekly maintenance of the warcraft realm servers.
    ?
    02-09-12 06:30 AM
    ?
    02-09-12 06:50 AM
    me too its not connecting
    02-09-12 06:54 AM
    Cant connect from Manila, Philippines
    02-09-12 06:58 AM
    fingers crossed
    02-09-12 07:06 AM
    Hahaha... I am so glad I peeled myself away 4 years ago. 2 years goes by fast-I'll stick to my addictive BlackBerry's :P
    02-09-12 07:34 AM
    If some RIM servers being down were an indication that a major update were about to be released, we'd be on BB 10 version 6.2 by now...
    HofstraJet and anon(2757538) like this.
    02-09-12 07:39 AM
    I know we're all impatient for 0S2.0 but remember that apps are still being submitted this week and next, so don't expect it for another 10 days or so.
    you really think that rim is waiting on more apps from small devs to be submitted at the last minute.. then they are doomed. just think of it why would any big developper go trough the trouble of submitting big app names for a free playbook. most of them wont bother.. plus i dont know but rim is probably still charging them for shipping and handling plus insurance???
    something is baking alright...
    ljo01 likes this.
    02-09-12 07:40 AM
    you really think that rim is waiting on more apps from small devs to be submitted at the last minute.. then they are doomed.
    They're not "waiting" for them. But they did plan out a schedule which allowed for time to have the apps submitted and time for RIM to approve them. That's merely one reason there was no chance 2.0 would show up yet.

just think of it why would any big developper go trough the trouble of submitting big app names for a free playbook. most of them wont bother.. plus i dont know but rim is probably still charging them for shipping and handling plus insurance???
    No, RIM doesn't charge the developers shipping, handling, or insurance for the free PlayBooks. As with the offer last April, it gets delivered by courier (in most cases) right to your door, with no more effort than filling out a few fields in the order form and clicking "Submit". No strings. Nice, eh?

(Oh, and the point isn't to get "big" developers this way. The bulk of the people doing this are small developers, the ones who write probably 95% or more of the apps out there. RIM would like to see some bigger app numbers, and this is a good way of doing it. Not right away, but over the next year it will really make a difference.)
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    02-09-12 07:51 AM
    It just occurred to me that those who are having problems (majority of whom have posted, or will post, in this thread) in connecting to the servers right now are the ones who are impatiently waiting for the OS 2.0 release announcement

That includes me
    jdngfx likes this.
    02-09-12 07:52 AM
    Don't think it is from people checking for updates. If it is I haven't been contributing to the problem. When my pb tells me it is here, it is here.
    02-09-12 08:02 AM
    They're not "waiting" for them. But they did plan out a schedule which allowed for time to have the apps submitted and time for RIM to approve them. That's merely one reason there was no chance 2.0 would show up yet.

No, RIM doesn't charge the developers shipping, handling, or insurance for the free PlayBooks. As with the offer last April, it gets delivered by courier (in most cases) right to your door, with no more effort than filling out a few fields in the order form and clicking "Submit". No strings. Nice, eh?

(Oh, and the point isn't to get "big" developers this way. The bulk of the people doing this are small developers, the ones who write probably 95% or more of the apps out there. RIM would like to see some bigger app numbers, and this is a good way of doing it. Not right away, but over the next year it will really make a difference.)
    As always peter, right on the money. RIM isnt looking short term, that time has long passed them (last June or so). They can ONLY focus long term for the success of BB10. Everything they bring to the playbook is to help that cause. Nothing less than a flawless launch of BB10 will be accepted by MANY people out there.
    02-09-12 08:08 AM
    It means nothing, the servers have been acting funny for days now.
    gjohnsto likes this.
    02-09-12 08:10 AM
    These are not the droids you are looking for
    02-09-12 08:40 AM
    Still no joy connecting to update server.
    02-09-12 08:41 AM
    I have a friend who sent me a BBM this morning saying he opened up his PB today and had the 2.0 download waiting for him. He's up and running. Nothing for me yet though.
    02-09-12 08:48 AM
    No connection here either and i have never had a problem connecting before.
    02-09-12 08:49 AM
    I have a friend who sent me a BBM this morning saying he opened up his PB today and had the 2.0 download waiting for him. He's up and running. Nothing for me yet though.
    Get the version number from him via screenshot lol
    02-09-12 08:56 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD