Hi there

Well got a new Blackberry playbook starts it up followed all that it told me so get's to where i have too update and all's fine until it gets to the second part of update and at around 81% it tells me unable to update and to restart !!! ive moved it to different places i always have a connection (running at 60mb).
    I am unable to get off the update screen and can't do anything with the playbook i even tried the reset and no not a thing just the update page!! this has been going on for 3 days now and im not a happy
    Would love some help please.
    Mal
    12-03-12 05:54 AM
    Have you phoned blackberry support? They will talk you through troubleshooting and Rma it if all else fails. Look for posts from user F2 for BlackBerry phone support numbers. Be preparedtospend a while on the phone, those support guys have a lot of patience talking you through all the steps.
    12-03-12 07:28 AM
    Hi there

Well got a new Blackberry playbook starts it up followed all that it told me so get's to where i have too update and all's fine until it gets to the second part of update and at around 81% it tells me unable to update and to restart !!! ive moved it to different places i always have a connection (running at 60mb).
    I am unable to get off the update screen and can't do anything with the playbook i even tried the reset and no not a thing just the update page!! this has been going on for 3 days now and im not a happy
    Would love some help please.
    Mal

IF YOU'LL PROCEED YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR FILES STORED ON YOUR PLAYBOOK

Download Blackberry Desktop Manager
    TURN OFF YOUR PLAYBOOK
    Open Desktop Manager
    Connect your PB via USB
    It now will turn on your playbook, and you'll see a message with; Cant connect with playbook -> Factory Reset

Just follow the steps
    12-03-12 11:23 AM
    I don't know what power level you are at, but I have noticed that the device needs to be at the 20% power level at a minimum to work properly. have you put a full charge on it? And I agree with both suggestions above. I have found the support folks to be both patient and helpful. Updating through the desktop manager as described is also effective. Good luck with it all and welcome to the forum!
    12-03-12 12:51 PM
    I don't know what power level you are at, but I have noticed that the device needs to be at the 20% power level at a minimum to work properly.
    Au contraire mon ami. I run my BlackBerry PlayBook below 20% with WiFi and Bluetooth enabled and active without any noticeable performance decrease. Then again this BlackBerry PlayBook has a battery health of 100% according to Battery Guru.
    12-03-12 01:12 PM
    Au contraire mon ami. I run my BlackBerry PlayBook below 20% with WiFi and Bluetooth enabled and active without any noticeable performance decrease. Then again this BlackBerry PlayBook has a battery health of 100% according to Battery Guru.
    Yes, I agree with you on the battery level once it is set up. I often use mine below 20% without affecting performance. But I'm not sure that's the case during initial setup. I know that defies logic but it seems to be the case. I was only trying to provide a possible solution to the OP's problem with his new device not trying to post incorrect information.
    12-03-12 07:18 PM
    Yes it needs the level to be at least 20% before setup will start. Or it use to be that way.
    12-03-12 07:29 PM
    Oh and if you just got it, myself, I would exchange it.
    12-03-12 07:30 PM
    Oh and if you just got it, myself, I would exchange it.
    +10 if it's new. Definitely exchange it.
    12-03-12 07:42 PM
    Yes, I agree with you on the battery level once it is set up. I often use mine below 20% without affecting performance. But I'm not sure that's the case during initial setup. I know that defies logic but it seems to be the case. I was only trying to provide a possible solution to the OP's problem with his new device not trying to post incorrect information.
    Sorry, you are correct in that the BlackBerry PlayBook inexplicably requires 20%+ battery charge for the initial set-up process to complete error-free. An odd behaviour for sure. The OP might want to take their tablet to a local McDonalds restaurant offering free WiFi access and attempt the initial set-up if their home network is causing problems during the set-up process. The initial set-up process has been the bain of many a BlackBerry PlayBook purchaser. The OP should probably contact BlackBerry PlayBook Support to have them determine whether the tablet requires an RMA or can be fixed over the telephone. One thing the OP will notice with the BlackBerry PlayBook support staff is they usually go out of their way to resolve issues to the client's satisfaction.
    12-03-12 11:32 PM