Give me a refund for the money I paid for the deadbook and I'll get over it.
    If you bought it with the notion that you're guaranteed BB10, I would say you made an assumption. You never buy a product based on possible future features, but rather on what it can do today.

Maybe you should have thought it out a bit better.
    07-04-13 07:02 PM
    If you bought it with the notion that you're guaranteed BB10, I would say you made an assumption. You never buy a product based on possible future features, but rather on what it can do today.

Wait, wait, so this is an assumption:

FF22, dmlis, Bdot-1 and 3 others like this.
    07-04-13 07:17 PM

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...book-1atqe.png
    Of course it was an assumption...there was clear intent to bring BB10 to the PlayBook...the fact that something's changed means that there was something unforeseen at the time they made the statement.

No guarantees in life, my friend.
    07-04-13 07:20 PM
    A lie is an outright attempt to deceive. BlackBerry has not done this. They made an erroneous statement that they intended to provide and it didn't pan out. You kiddies that are whining so vehemently about this latest PB news need to take a lesson in this. This happens in life and you need to get over it or your life will end up being such a wasted miserable pile of $#!t.
    I honestly can't believe people are still blubbering over this spilled milk. It's over. It's done. Grow up and move on. BlackBerry certainly will, and if you think BlackBerry is dead, fine. Move on somewhere else and stop filling this forum with your sniveling...it won't make anything better and it only casts a dour cloud over the forums. If that is your intention, then you are nothing more than an infantile troll and you should really just be erased from here so we can just move on with our enjoyment in our time here.
    07-04-13 07:44 PM

Well, there was the assumption he was telling the truth and would follow through - we know how that play(book)ed out.
    07-04-13 07:55 PM
    Thor never said:

We intend
    We might
    We'll try

He lied. Not once, not twice.
    Get over it

A lie is an outright attempt to deceive
    ... in order to get rid of 100 000 PB inventory and make at least some numbers look better on Q1 balance sheet.
    07-04-13 07:56 PM

A guy in Germany is returning his after about 14 months due to the deceptive premise that bb10 was coming to the pb. So while generally what is said about "assume" (a$$ of u and me) is true, deceptive practices in consumer affairs might be treated differently. CEO says something is going to happen creates a reliance creates and obligation. Similarly ceo says something potentially misleading could lead to stock investigations. ceo is not your ordinary shill. Okay, maybe this one is!
    07-04-13 11:44 PM

More proof that Germany can't produce anything reliable
    07-05-13 01:00 AM
    Of course it was an assumption...there was clear intent to bring BB10 to the PlayBook...the fact that something's changed means that there was something unforeseen at the time they made the statement.

No guarantees in life, my friend.
    Whilst BBRY may have intended to release BB10 for the PB, they clearly stated in unambiguos words that all PB's WILL get BB10.

However, I think it says a lot about a company who has spent 2+ years developing an OS that is not deployable and scalable on their own hardware platforms. This is the key point for me and the fact that they effectively have different OS branches for different hardware just shows what a disorganised f***ing shower of monkey s**t they are.

How anyone can defend BBRY at the moment is beyond me.

Even fixing 2.1, unlocking USBOTG + giving root access etc would be an olive branch right now and BBRY could desperately do with some good PR.
    07-05-13 02:38 AM
    It doesn't really matter what us pb users think. The stock market will teach them a darn good lesson. And it seems like the punishment is not over..
    Michel Souris likes this.
    07-05-13 02:44 AM
    Honestly, people need to stop beating on BBRY for the lack of BB10 on the playbook...they made the statement that it would come...and I'm certain they've done everything possible to make it happen, but clearly there is a reason why it's not gonna happen.

That's not a lie...stop calling it a lie...they tried to make it work and they've refused to release a product that won't work well.

I'm so tired of all the crybabies who think BBRY (or any manufacturer) "owes" them the world.

The playbook was launched with a PB OS...not BB10.

It would have been a great upgrade, but it's not a "lie" that it's not coming.
    Get over yourselves, children! :/
    yes Kostas, I agree, but they really need to restore bridge functionality with BB 10 devices.
    Furthermore, they promised bb10 on the PB. Nobody forced them to do so.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-05-13 03:26 AM
    A credibility issue has no place in business. What more a business with a focus on security? I am angry, but I've accepted the fact that I will neither get bb10 on my pb nor an apology.

But that's just me. The market has much bigger concerns with RIM's business model and management style. Let's not kid ourselves. They might have rebranded, but they're still the same old RIM. A one hit wonder.
    07-05-13 05:03 AM
    Really I can't believe there are people openly defending BlackBerrys playbook choices still. You obviously haven't spent the last many years under the blackberry thumb of tales. Every phone they've released in the last 7 years they have said does more then it has.

So according to you guys, buy on what what the device does now! Ok so I will assume that bb10 will be no longer getting updated and the Z10 bugs are here to stay. I would never recommend blackberry under those assumptions. Half my contacts are programmed into the phone but the contact app can't find them... soo this is your perfect phone?

Posted via CB10
    FF22, anon(4044683) and nah.uhh like this.
    07-05-13 08:04 PM
    Really I can't believe there are people openly defending BlackBerrys playbook choices still. You obviously haven't spent the last many years under the blackberry thumb of tales. Every phone they've released in the last 7 years they have said does more then it has.

So according to you guys, buy on what what the device does now! Ok so I will assume that bb10 will be no longer getting updated and the Z10 bugs are here to stay. I would never recommend blackberry under those assumptions. Half my contacts are programmed into the phone but the contact app can't find them... soo this is your perfect phone?

Posted via CB10
    Still waiting for Theme Builder for OS7. And waiting.... and waiting...., oh, still waiting..............

You do have a point. The defense is that BB will be updating the OS for bb10 and add the features/functions folks miss. Oh, but wait, other suggest, as you note, do not buy it based on promises to fix the features/functions folks miss. You either can't win or you can't lose.
    07-05-13 10:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    I would be happy to either buy you a drink, or show you the door...you're diluted in your negativity.

Please be specific about your complaints, or stop making general ones...we're all really tired of it.

Just sayin'.
    07-06-13 05:28 AM
    A credibility issue has no place in business. What more a business with a focus on security? I am angry, but I've accepted the fact that I will neither get bb10 on my pb nor an apology.

But that's just me. The market has much bigger concerns with RIM's business model and management style. Let's not kid ourselves. They might have rebranded, but they're still the same old RIM. A one hit wonder.
    No, you are wrong...they have adapted and changed their approach...the old RIM mentality is not at play, but the new direction takes some time to be succesful.

BlackBerry needs to find a way to overcome the negative points of view some of the stupid US "analysts" and "experts" put out...I'm in favour of a lawsuit...we'll see....
    07-06-13 05:35 AM
    Whilst BBRY may have intended to release BB10 for the PB, they clearly stated in unambiguos words that all PB's WILL get BB10.

However, I think it says a lot about a company who has spent 2+ years developing an OS that is not deployable and scalable on their own hardware platforms. This is the key point for me and the fact that they effectively have different OS branches for different hardware just shows what a disorganised f***ing shower of monkey s**t they are.

How anyone can defend BBRY at the moment is beyond me.

Even fixing 2.1, unlocking USBOTG + giving root access etc would be an olive branch right now and BBRY could desperately do with some good PR.
    Nice line......now tell us what you really think.....
    07-06-13 07:02 AM
    Of Course He Lied!....You can spin it every way you want...'it was an erroneous statement' give me a fu**ing break It was a lie....and 'People shouldn't buy something based on what assumed it will don' Are you kidding me.....What do you think Marketing companies do?.....they sell you sh1t and call it sunshine......Have you ever seen a beer commercial. So every bar you go into and get a beer is filled with beautiful girls just 'waiting' to hit on YOU.....lol

Wake UP, Smell The Coffee....(interesting i would use a Marketing Slogan) to make my point....

What a Maroon....
    07-06-13 07:12 AM
    Where has Heins been since his 6/28 announcement? Seems he was much more visible to the public up until the meeting's end.
    With all of the negative comments, rumors, et all since the announcement, I would think he would want to say or do something to try and smooth it all over.
    Or is this period of negativity considered acceptable collateral damage?

Posted via CB10
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    07-06-13 08:31 AM
    Don't call him a moron,
    Being a liar CEO is embarrassing enough
    07-06-13 08:31 AM
    I would be happy to either buy you a drink, or show you the door...you're diluted in your negativity.

Please be specific about your complaints, or stop making general ones...we're all really tired of it.

Just sayin'.
    Whats not specific about my phone cannot find my contacts? I don't want a drink in want a bb that works, do you want some visene for your eyes?

I make specifics in hundreds of my responses good and bad. I can't quote and link to examples every time. Why doesn't anyone believe this phone has issues.

K here's one, and you know what? Your just going to turn into one of those people who are short sighted and egg me on to provide examples and never return again to help. Maybe help people instead of commenting on people's comments. This will be my umpteenth dozen time I've provided this "example"
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=811614

Let's see if you can help, then we'll move onto my other 20 issues, regarding calender, picture folder, browser links, hubs main problems, and others that people refuse to help because there are no fixes!!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bdot-1; 07-06-13 at 01:59 PM.
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    07-06-13 10:02 AM
    They built it, the can't even get the OS to work, they lied. Yep shower of lieing monkey **** they are.
    07-06-13 11:40 AM
    Just let RIM die...or let it be bought out by a company that can actually deliver on promises and fix what ails its products...RIM does neither..its a fantastic idea that always lets its buyers down .

As much as i love to see a Canadian company succeed RIM's failures were all self imposed they created the mess they are in financially because they rested on their laurels and let others pass them... then in an attempt to rebuild faith in their brand they created a web of lies and deceit and further broken promises and products that do not perform as promised...

The glory days for RIM are over i seriously doubt they will ever return given their track record, thankfully the only RIM product i got stuck with is a Playbook that i bought for under $100 so i admit i was gullible and fell for the BB10 promise and thought i scored a great deal....
    It just proves again if something seems too good to be true it probably is too good to be true

The Playbook still does a decent but not great job as a device to access the internet while travelling , its cheap and if its lost or stolen its not a huge loss but thats all its good for besides use as a paperweight while not travelling..

RIP RIM you will soon go the way of the Avro Arrow another great Canadian idea that never lived up to its promises..... but at least AVRO never lied they delivered but they were scuttled by bigger companies and countries.. their product done exactly what it wa s said to do... something RIM products never have
    Last edited by Stewie4579; 07-06-13 at 02:36 PM.
    07-06-13 02:20 PM
    Yeah I got tired of reading all the backbiting so I didn't read everything just kind of gave up. But, Bdot-1 about contacts. From your contact app just merge all the contacts the disable the sim contacts and the other account that doubles your contacts. For example my Hotmail and Gmail account both have the same contacts so I disabled one of them. Now every time I open it up...there is no issue.
    Thorsten Heins Confirms That All Existing PlayBook Tablets Will Get BlackBerry 10 Software Updates-img_00000129.png
    Thorsten Heins Confirms That All Existing PlayBook Tablets Will Get BlackBerry 10 Software Updates-img_00000130.png

The J section used to give me problems but now as you can see there is no duplicates and the three jessicas are not accidently merged.

Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 01:16 PM
    Yeah I got tired of reading all the backbiting so I didn't read everything just kind of gave up. But, Bdot-1 about contacts. From your contact app just merge all the contacts the disable the sim contacts and the other account that doubles your contacts. For example my Hotmail and Gmail account both have the same contacts so I disabled one of them. Now every time I open it up...there is no issue.

The J section used to give me problems but now as you can see there is no duplicates and the three jessicas are not accidently merged.

Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    Tried already, but thanks for responding.. I just did a screen shot of my settings and it's def all been turned off

Thorsten Heins Confirms That All Existing PlayBook Tablets Will Get BlackBerry 10 Software Updates-img_00001122.png
    Thorsten Heins Confirms That All Existing PlayBook Tablets Will Get BlackBerry 10 Software Updates-img_00001121.png

Posted via CB10
    TommyRXE likes this.
    07-07-13 04:07 PM
107 12345