Just been reading that blackberry have an updated runtime for bb10 devices in BlackBerry world. It is there to solve issues where the runtime didn't update when people installed 10.2 on their phones and android apps weren't working.
    Given blackberry can push you an updated runtime from BlackBerry world without it coming from carriers is it now a possibility they could push playbook users an update?
    If possible then it's more of a don't want to rather than can't situation and we should capitalise on this by pressuring them for one.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 05:31 AM
    It's probably possible but would BlackBerry put the time and effort in to make an updated runtime for the Playbook? Anyway most playbooks are the wi-fi version which don't have carriers anyway so most playbooks get their updates direct from BlackBerry already.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 05:35 AM
    Without getting too far into the old start petitions and demands scenario. The logical thing would seem that BlackBerry now have an updated runtime they can push through bb world. Doing so would massively improve pr and I would guess that the vast majority of playbook users would pay $ for it.
    Seems like a win win all round for everyone involved.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 05:50 AM
    Without getting too far into the old start petitions and demands scenario. The logical thing would seem that BlackBerry now have an updated runtime they can push through bb world. Doing so would massively improve pr and I would guess that the vast majority of playbook users would pay $ for it.
    Seems like a win win all round for everyone involved.

Posted via CB10
    They have an updated one for bb10, but would the bb10 one automatically work on the PlayBook? Surely would need to be optimised and I can't see BlackBerry putting the effort into updating the Android runtime when the Playbook isn't making them any money.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 06:08 AM
    Don't get me wrong! I hope you right cause I love my PlayBook and some better Andriod apps would be be great! I just can't see it

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 06:09 AM
    If they charge for it they could recoup some of the money used for development. Let's face it playbook users would whinge it should be free but I'd take what I could get right now.
    I guess people have paid for worse crapps.

Posted via CB10
    Craig Abernethy likes this.
    11-02-13 06:17 AM
    They would face a firestorm of bad PR if they tried to charge for an update.

Never mind that it would first require an update to the OS....

It is not going to happen.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 11:18 AM
    I was going to create a thread on this, but i then noticed that BlackBerry doesn't give a fudge about the PlayBook.
    11-02-13 06:40 PM
    no, we're done as Playbook users...

Blackberry makes no money from us, they already wrote us off in their losses, we don't even warrant a second of consideration anymore...

Support Blackberry! Buy their phones!!! (said with disdain)
    11-02-13 10:21 PM