Although HP decided to stop supporting their HP Touchpad, it still had a bright future with the ability of loading other OS's such as Android.

Now that Blackberry decided to stop supporting their PlayBook, what future, if any, is there?
    Last edited by rupam95; 08-07-13 at 08:04 PM.
    Ragwan likes this.
    07-29-13 09:56 PM
    dont think there is one....love it for what it is cause that all it ever will be
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    07-29-13 10:00 PM
    Thorsten want you to MOVE ON and buy a A10 and also other future products before he sells the company. Imagine who will buy the A10 (Dual core processor, 5 inch screen) if PlayBook (Dual core processor, 7 Inch screen) gets BB10? People blaming on RAM are probably blind BB lovers. iPad mini has just 512 RAM! I repeat just 512 RAM! It is going to receive iOS7 update. Why is BB10 such a poor performer? I am sure PB can run very well with less than 1 GB RAM if its a good mobile OS. But all this cover up story and crocodile tears are just another few tricks by the cunning company!
    07-30-13 12:18 AM
    The only difference between the playbook and the touchpad is, HP after canceling the touchpad, made the WebOs open source and or unlock the device, where as BB can't/won't release the PBos, nor unlock the PB.

Would be nice if BB follows HP's example and either make the PB's OS open source, or unlock the PB, since after all, they're providing 'technical support', which would go a whole lot farther that the 'loyalty reward' or whatever it is Thor and company are 'thinking' about.

Anyhow, carefully, this thread might bring about naysayers and the likes.
    sibeans likes this.
    07-30-13 02:27 AM
    Although HP decided to stop supporting their HP Touchpad, it still had a bright future with the ability of loading other OS's such as Android.

Now that Blackberry decided to stop supporting their PlayBook, what future, if any, is there?
    You should pop across to webosnation and discuss that 'bright future'... Just make sure the locals don't think you are carrying food.
    07-30-13 03:05 AM
    You should pop across to webosnation and discuss that 'bright future'... Just make sure the locals don't think you are carrying food.
    Lmao!
    07-30-13 03:10 AM
    Lmao!
    Bla1ze, We all know you used to be a PlayBook supporter. Are you not worried about the situation? Do you think it is completely ok for BlackBerry to ignore the users and expect us to just MOVE ON? Since day one when the tablet was launched until now you know it was half baked, in-complete! All it received were just false promises. I know some are okwith the current PB. How can BlackBerry just ignore us and expect us to move on. A lot of us even bought the Z10 thinking PB can used with the Z10, tablet - smartphone eco-system. A lot CB members call us trolls when we express our dis-satisfaction about BlackBerry's attitude! I have been with CB for many years and really upset with what is happening here.
    07-30-13 03:28 AM
    Bla1ze, We all know you used to be a PlayBook supporter. Are you not worried about the situation? Do you think it is completely ok for BlackBerry to ignore the users and expect us to just MOVE ON? Since day one when the tablet was launched until now you know it was half baked, in-complete! All it received were just false promises. I know some are okwith the current PB. How can BlackBerry just ignore us and expect us to move on. A lot of us even bought the Z10 thinking PB can used with the Z10, tablet - smartphone eco-system. A lot CB members call us trolls when we express our dis-satisfaction about BlackBerry's attitude! I have been with CB for many years and really upset with what is happening here.
    I would actually take this as a good lesson for the future - you can't trust corporations and your loyalty means nothing. Don't let the cosy fireside chats with CB fool you, BBRY like any corporation has no real relationship with you beyond you being a number on a balance sheet.

Once you understand that then it becomes clear being a cheerleader for any corporation is against your interests as a consumer. You should be willing to switch to another corporation's products at the drop of a hat and only be concerned with what you can get out of them.
    07-30-13 04:07 AM
    LMAO!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 04:23 AM
    All corporations are unethical and immoral to varying degrees so it makes no sense to continually whinge and demand BB do more for the PlayBook beyond the basics.

They won't listen and don't really care what end-users think. They'll only do something if legally forced to or pressured relentlessly by a horde of diehard BB zealots.
    07-30-13 05:51 AM
    Anyone who thinks BB has your interest at the top of its agenda is only fooling themselves.
    Burn me once (Playbook) shame on you.
    Burn me twice (A10) shame on me.
    Too many people try to 'justify their purchase'.
    And that's the truth so face it.
    Wonder if Alicia beat Thorny on the golf course?
    Last edited by 9Jer99; 08-01-13 at 06:32 AM.
    07-30-13 06:47 AM
    Thorsten want you to MOVE ON and buy a A10 and also other future products before he sells the company. Imagine who will buy the A10 (Dual core processor, 5 inch screen) if PlayBook (Dual core processor, 7 Inch screen) gets BB10? People blaming on RAM are probably blind BB lovers. iPad mini has just 512 RAM! I repeat just 512 RAM! It is going to receive iOS7 update. Why is BB10 such a poor performer? I am sure PB can run very well with less than 1 GB RAM if its a good mobile OS. But all this cover up story and crocodile tears are just another few tricks by the cunning company!
    Dude - it's time to sell your last BlackBerry product, buy something new and maybe head over that that forum. You'll be happier than being angry all the time.
    07-30-13 06:52 AM
    Dude - it's time to sell your last BlackBerry product, buy something new and maybe head over that that forum. You'll be happier than being angry all the time.
    Dear RubberChicken,

I am not angry. I am upset with BlackBerry by the way they handled PB. Actually we should voice out so BlackBerry can hear us.
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    07-30-13 09:23 AM
    Dear RubberChicken,

I am not angry. I am upset with BlackBerry by the way they handled PB. Actually we should voice out so BlackBerry can hear us.
    We did but BBRY has not shown they are listening. I'm not looking for give aways but I am looking for some form of functional updates. The list of requests have been posted numerous times to excess. And it took months before we heard anything from BBRY regarding their intent.
    Ragwan, Chrysalis1156 and FF22 like this.
    07-30-13 10:28 AM
    I made a new thread in this forum... I'm trying to get a retweet campaign going so that maybe if enough people tweet we could at least get a leak.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 12:37 AM
    Well, there is cross-platform BBM coming so that's something, right? Wait. Never mind.

I think there might be a future for the Playbook as an ironic tablet because it will be practically the only tablet device out there that can't use BBM. It will almost be like carrying around a Moleskine notebook. You can show that you're too cool to use social media.
    07-31-13 12:58 AM
    No "official" future, thats for sure. But an "unofficial" one may be in the pipeline and then, who knows what goodies may come our way?
    07-31-13 09:41 AM
    dont think there is one....love it for what it is cause that all it ever will be
    With a heavy heart and mind I must agree. BlackBerry PlayBook, a tablet with so much unrealized potential.
    07-31-13 04:43 PM
    Well (as I type this on a PB) I for one like my PB and will continue to use it. Sure I'm disappointed with the Bridge and it's lack of features with BB10. And I'm disappointed if there are no more upgrades or support.
    But I won't get an Apple product and I don't want an Android product. I get along just fine with my PB. I have my work computer for all the stuff I "must" do. I like having this little thing for the things I want to do.
    bob_tn likes this.
    07-31-13 04:57 PM
    I made a new thread in this forum... I'm trying to get a retweet campaign going so that maybe if enough people tweet we could at least get a leak.

Posted via CB10
    I doubt they even have a tested bb10 os for the PlayBook.
    07-31-13 07:43 PM
    Dear RubberChicken,

They have official forums where you can do that. Might be more effective than hoping they come over here if you take the fight over there.
    08-01-13 09:02 AM
    They have official forums where you can do that. Might be more effective than hoping they come over here if you take the fight over there.
    Thanks. So whats the need of CB forums?
    08-03-13 08:45 AM
    I love my blackberry devices my playbook and my bold 9900. However I refuse to spend any money on another blackberry product cos I have no trust or faith in the company.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    FF22 and nealjane like this.
    08-05-13 07:42 PM
    I've not had my Z10 for all that long, and in that short time I have loaded a sizable amount of OS versions. The product hasn't been out that long and there are tons of OS builds. I know its been speculated on, but I'm having a very had time believing that there isn't even a 'somewhat improved' Playbook OS2.? something out there. As many builds as there have been seen for BB10, surely there were some improvements made to the current Playbook OS in the last year or so. At least release some of the improvements. Bug fixes, etc...
    FF22 likes this.
    08-06-13 10:20 AM
    I've not had my Z10 for all that long, and in that short time I have loaded a sizable amount of OS versions. The product hasn't been out that long and there are tons of OS builds. I know its been speculated on, but I'm having a very had time believing that there isn't even a 'somewhat improved' Playbook OS2.? something out there. As many builds as there have been seen for BB10, surely there were some improvements made to the current Playbook OS in the last year or so. At least release some of the improvements. Bug fixes, etc...
    Good question that will remain out there floating with no answer from bbry. They have moved on without even blinking. But some of us will not easily forget what they did or rather, what they did not do!
    Chrysalis1156 likes this.
    08-06-13 11:03 AM
31 12