When I load the TD Waterhouse website in a browser on my PlayBook I can't get the website to scroll down. I have tried many times and it just won't scroll down. Would anybody have an idea what the problem might be?

Thanks
    03-12-12 06:35 PM
    Link please... I just went to the main site, and also into my account, and both worked fine.
    03-12-12 06:55 PM
    The page that won't scroll is the TD Waterhouse, WebBroker, Markets & Rsearch page. I can't give the link as I have to login to get this page. The page loads but it won't scroll. If I don't log in, but go to the Markets & Research page it will scroll fine.
    It seems to be that because I am logged in, it won't scroll. I also notice that the hotspots are dead to. Weird...
    Last edited by Piedoe; 03-12-12 at 08:03 PM.
    03-12-12 07:59 PM
    I get the same thing, but I get the impression it's just something broken in their page (bad HTML/CSS/layout/whatever) and not anything directly to do with the PlayBook. The other pages around there scroll fine, and it doesn't appear there's anything "special" about that one page to explain why it might not work. I suggest you contact TD Waterhouse's web guys and point it out, as it seems somewhat likely other devices will be affected so they might be interested in fixing it.
    Piedoe likes this.
    03-12-12 08:33 PM
    Thanks for your help. I have contacted TD about the problem and awaiting their reply.
    Regards...
    03-12-12 08:52 PM
    It's simple.....TD does not want you to see how much money you've lost in the last few days
    03-13-12 11:40 AM
    After contacting TD support, they informed me that they do not support the PlayBook at this time.
    03-13-12 05:17 PM
    same as Blackboard which we use for school, it also is very picky at scrolling, you can get lucky though and it works once in a while.
    03-13-12 08:35 PM
    After contacting TD support, they informed me that they do not support the PlayBook at this time.
    That's not even surprising, though as usual sad to hear of companies that are so blind and apathetic about such things they don't stop to think that if it fails in one particular browser, chances are good it's a problem in other browsers built on similar engines.

Unfortunately it would probably take trying out a dozen different browsers which they might support, to find another one that fails similarly. And then probably digging into the differences between that page and the others which do work. And then dealing with layers of bureaucratic idiocy to fight your way to someone who cares and has the brainpower to actually understand what you're trying to tell them.

Sigh... of course, it could just be the PlayBook's fault too, in which case you'd have the same rigamarole to play with RIM... But at least in that case, the browser guys might be quite interested in doing the legwork on investigating that themselves, just to verify that it's not a bug in their own product.
    Piedoe likes this.
    03-13-12 10:47 PM
    Not surprisingly the response I would expect from a major corporation. The website should work on all web browsers. Very short-sighted on the part of TD Waterhouse and others of their ilk. Maybe they can apply for special government funding - a handout - to address this lack of support for the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    Piedoe likes this.
    03-14-12 05:28 AM
    I am finding other sites have the same issue. Worked fine until 2.0 now all three PBs we have have problems with certain sites . Some times scrolls after rereshing etc. Obviously 2.0 compatability issues with some sites and scripts. i am sure RIM will have to fix it as websites are not going to redesign for them.
    03-21-12 11:52 AM
    same as Blackboard which we use for school, it also is very picky at scrolling, you can get lucky though and it works once in a while.
    If you haven't tried Blackboard lately, its worth another shot.

It didn't work for me with 1.0, would click where I touched etc.

Because google maps and other sites worked well after 2.0 I tried blackboard again and it works great!

The one part I've found that doesn't work is trying to download files from it. For whatever reason it says that it opened the file into a new browser window, but there is no other browser window and it isn't in downloads?

Anyways, point of the post is, blackboard works for me in 2.0, give it a try!
    03-21-12 12:35 PM
    I have the same problem with the new CBC music site CBC Music can,t scroll down to select the music.
    03-21-12 01:54 PM
    I haven't read through the entire thread, but just to add, I'm having the same problem with my Z10. The website loads OK but fails to scroll once I get to my portfolio page. Moreover, even the font that TD has selected for the "Portfolio" title on that page fails to render properly. I'll contact TD as well to let them know (though it's hard to believe that they're in the dark on this). Certainly this problem will be sorted out once they start rolling out Q10s to their troops.
    05-27-13 10:51 AM
    You can't pinch to zoom in on Engadget either, not like it bothers me too much but ya, my point is, there are websites that have their quirks with the PlayBook.

The brand new USGS Earthquakes site ( Earthquakes ) finally works properly with the PlayBook but for quite a while after their launch it would just get a loading and spinning icon with no action afterwards. I sent them an email (and apparently so did many others) and they seemed to have fixed it.

I always send a very positive and upbeat first email to Web Admins explaining the problems I have. I don't usually expect a reply but sometimes I have had some Web Administrators email back with a snarky tone before saying something along the lines of "We don't support the BlackBerry PlayBook because of it's small marketshare" or something ******** like that. I always reply just as snarky, "No kidding? Well since you haven't developed your website according to web standard best practices in the first place and don't support the second most standards compliant HTML5 browser out there on a tablet (I always link to The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5? ), perhaps you should consider upgrading your web development skills because they're deficient?" They never reply for some coincidence and soon the sites generally start to work properly on the PlayBook. Go figure...
    05-27-13 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD