AT&T pushed hard for the torch even though its an outdated hardware spec phone as soon as it hit the shelfs and now I log onto crackberry and see the pearl and curve coming to AT&T too. Is it just me or does AT&T trying to strengthen their partnership with Blackberry have something to do with QNX being on board with Blackberry now?
    Blackberry makes the best build quality and battery life phones out there and most of their phones are very nice looking too. But their hardware is severely outdone by other modern phones. But I cant help but think the future of Blackberry is going to change dramatically in the next year with QNX being onboard and companies would be wise to get a head start partnership with them now?
    What are some of other thoughts on this? Who else thinks things are going to explode for RIM very shortly here? I cant imagine RIM can hold out much longer making phones that dont even come close to the speed and memory of their competition and I think QNX is going to solve this issue. (I know AT&T has had other berries before but it seems like they are getting more excited to acquire them recently)
    09-29-10 02:03 PM
    If QNX allows for SU access, like Apple and Android, and all three are kernel based. Then i see Blackberries coming back on a strong swing. They will get the enterprise world, and some of the techno g33k world.

They are the quickest and easiest way to use Facebook, Twitter and text messages. And they offer a solid and proven background. That is why i believe most people use them.

But the random OS upgrades offer little to no real improvement over all. They do good in one area then fall back in another. pushed a lot of people away. it was one of the reasons i left.

With and if QNX allows for that the you have a new platform to build ROMs for and get stuff like over-clocking and AD-HOC working, and it will excite the g33k end of things. And finally allow for apps2SD frame of mind.

but i still see this having little affect on the Apple hardcore fans or the Android hardcore fans.
    09-29-10 02:22 PM
    The Pearl 3G was a long time coming. It should have been at AT&T for the past 4 months like it was for the rest of the world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-10 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD