So, as per subject my playbook has a green LED that will NEVER go off. It is constantly on, and annoying as you can imagine. Also, it will not charge passed 78% for some reason. Just sits at that number no matter what. Has the latest stock OS with all updates. Sits on a charging cradle as I use it o stream internet radio all day long.

I have tried reformatting and nothing, keeps going back. It is over a year so out of warranty.

Any suggestions. Very odd issue obviously.
    03-18-13 04:05 PM
    I have 2 PBs and multiple chargers, USB and cradle. 64gb PB charges on all chargers USB and PIN connectors. 16gb PB does not charge on any of them so eliminating the chargers and the charging sockets. Battery guru app shows charging for 10 seconds when first plugged in then goes to 0.00. When powered on I get no green light. When powered down I get a flashing green light when charging. Except for the green light we seem to be in the same boat. Have you tried a security wipe? I was getting close to trying tt as a last resort. What do you mean by "reformatting"???

Pretty hard to search this problem as there are hundreds of threads on the internet and CB about "dead battery and no charging". 79% here.
    03-18-13 09:58 PM
    Security wipe and reinstall did nothing. I was also streaming internet radio while on the charging dock, 181.fm. Battery down to 74% now.
    Am posting on the official support form now, will see if I get a reply but looks to me like a hardware failure.
    03-19-13 07:35 PM
    I honestly don't know the answer to this, but I would try to debrick it from the computer (using the BlackBerry desktop software). If you tried that already (as well as that security wipe you mentioned above) then maybe try that method were you plug in your PB to the wall outlet (not through the dock) for 2 minutes and then unplug and then plug it back in for 2 minutes. You do this a few times and it seems to help some people with battery issues.

Again, I don't know exactly what to do other then tell you steps I would try. Maybe it will work, but If anything maybe the reply/bump will get someone with more knowledge on the subject than me to respond. There are a lot of smart people here that can help, it is just hoping that they notice this thread in the sea of all the others.
    nnomad likes this.
    03-20-13 09:33 PM
    Well, after Crackbery / Official BB forum / Official BB support and RMA box being delivered. I fixed the Playbook myself.
    So for anyone searching this issue in the future here is the fix. Discharge PB to 15% plug in charger for at least 24hrs.
    I had to cycle it like this 4 or 5 times to get it up to 100% charge. Seems leaving it on the charging pod/doc and streaming music (in my case)
    messes up the sensor reporting battery voltage / % charge. Been a week or so now all is good and awaiting BB10.

Thanks to BerryClever for the bump.
    BerryClever likes this.
    04-01-13 11:09 PM
    Well, after Crackbery / Official BB forum / Official BB support and RMA box being delivered. I fixed the Playbook myself.
    So for anyone searching this issue in the future here is the fix. Discharge PB to 15% plug in charger for at least 24hrs.
    I had to cycle it like this 4 or 5 times to get it up to 100% charge. Seems leaving it on the charging pod/doc and streaming music (in my case)
    messes up the sensor reporting battery voltage / % charge. Been a week or so now all is good and awaiting BB10.

Thanks to BerryClever for the bump.
    Sorry to revive this. Tried that and no go for me. Green LED still stays on no matter what...
    11-02-13 07:29 AM