I just got a notification on my playbook alerting me to an update for "2.1.0.1526", but I have had that update since February. Its only 5MB, and there is no notes. Whats the deal with this update?
    07-22-13 08:24 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

Updates like that are usually an update to an app. Did you delete any stock apps? Sometimes they got pushed back as an update.
    Is this a PB Wi-Fi model or a wireless one? If the latter, my guess would be it's a network related update.
    07-22-13 08:31 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

Updates like that are usually an update to an app. Did you delete any stock apps? Sometimes they got pushed back as an update.
    Is this a PB Wi-Fi model or a wireless one? If the latter, my guess would be it's a network related update.
    The update is for the Playbook itself, I know how the update system works. Also, its the wifi model.
    07-22-13 08:34 PM
    The update is for the Playbook itself, I know how the update system works. Also, its the wifi model.
    Yes but sometimes BBRY pushes an app through that way too. This was how they rolled out the PB video store, for example.

On my Z10, after I deleted the Facebook app, it was pushed through as an app update in the same manner as what you're describing.

Btw, moved the thread out of the Rooting sub-forum ti the PB OS Forum.
    07-22-13 08:42 PM
    Yes but sometimes BBRY pushes an app through that way too. This was how they rolled out the PB video store, for example.

On my Z10, after I deleted the Facebook app, it was pushed through as an app update in the same manner as what you're describing.

Btw, moved the thread out of the Rooting sub-forum ti the PB OS Forum.
    Im pretty sure its not an update for an app. But if for some reason it was (and was labeled a system update for no reason) how would I know?
    07-22-13 08:47 PM
    Had you ever had the update renaming App World to BB World? That was done in a similar way, but few months ago.

Any icons that weren't there before? Maybe for an app you deleted?

This is how you CB10, son!
    07-22-13 08:54 PM
    Had you ever had the update renaming App World to BB World? That was done in a similar way, but few months ago.

Any icons that weren't there before? Maybe for an app you deleted?

This is how you CB10, son!
    Alright, I went ahead and did the update anyways. After it finished it locked up my playbook (the OK button for the completion of the update wouldnt do anything) I had to do the 3-button reset. Now I am back into my device, but no additional icons (I alphabetize my apps, so I would notice if a new one popped up). Not sure what the update did, but I havent noticed anything yet. Hopefully it was nothing bad, like a security update or something. Nearly had a stroke when it popped up, thought it was a major update or something. Then the sad realization of file size and version number.
    07-22-13 08:58 PM