I dont think there are updates for the Playbook anymore, and the app supply is limited. Personally I would just buy a Nexus 9. There are always flash sales for it now and then, might want to look into that
    03-24-15 09:39 PM
    NO

It's too old and the platform isn't going anywhere..

Never mind the batteries are most likely already degrading at this point.
    03-26-15 02:50 PM
    Depends on how much you're paying for it. PlayBook support was discontinued some time ago, so what you see is what you'll have for the life of the device.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 10:00 PM
    Just to put it on record, I use mine for the odd game and BBM video. If you use BBM video frequently, pick up a cheap Playbook and the dock for it. It works quite well. It's nice being at a table or a desk with your tablet standing up while using BBM video.

Hey, it's cheap and it works.
    04-08-15 11:56 PM
    Fair warning to OP in regards to BBM video. While a great feature when working,the cameras are notorious for failing. Many have had either front or back or both "die" on them. I myself had the front one fail, and then about a year later the back one also. BlackBerry corrected this whilst under warranty but I doubt they'd do it now given the lack of support.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 06:19 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 02:34 PM
    Nope.

Posted via C5303
    05-23-15 04:04 PM
    It depends on the gb I assume as well, wouldn't it? I'm on the same boat as OP, looking to buy one just for music
    Audio quality is surprisingly good. I've used one hooked up to a NAD 350 Amp and Energy C 350 speakers; solid! Control via Bridge makes it great for pause/play/track select.

Go for the 64GB model, but I wouldn't say it's worth more than $75 Canadian. I got my mint condition used 64GB for $60 over a year ago. Your deals may vary, but that's a good baseline.
    05-23-15 04:49 PM
    If you want a 64gb mobile device to store 7digital music or podcasts, it still is decent.

It will still check email.

Outside of that it has pretty limited functionality. Apps are being abandoned by their devs.
    05-24-15 07:29 AM
    Yeah... this forum is slowly dying too. If you find a use for the PlayBook, you will use it. Just don't be disappointed with lack of support. This thing is old remember.

On a positive note, it's pretty cool that the PlayBook has a 3MP front camera and a 5MP rear camera. You'll be surprised at the quality of BBM video. I'm mounting mine in my car. I'm looking forward to receiving a call in my car, pulling over to answer it and the person is chatting with me in my qnx car hahaha

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 11:22 AM
    My new PlayBook LTE arrived in the mail today. I got it as a backup to my 64GB PlayBook that I'm again using daily. It's great for listening to music, the browser is still fantastic, Docs to Go works perfectly for me for editing documents.

The PlayBook is limited with respect to apps, but it does everything I need and is more pleasant to use than any Android tablet I've used. (And I've tried and own quite a few. )
    05-26-15 04:52 PM
    My new PlayBook LTE arrived in the mail today. I got it as a backup to my 64GB PlayBook that I'm again using daily. It's great for listening to music, the browser is still fantastic, Docs to Go works perfectly for me for editing documents.

The PlayBook is limited with respect to apps, but it does everything I need and is more pleasant to use than any Android tablet I've used. (And I've tried and own quite a few. )
    If you use the PlayBook with reasonable expectations, it is a very satisfying experience. I love my LTE PlayBook a lot.

I know it can't use the latest apps, but for what I use it for, it can't be beat. I'm also still surprised at the number of side loaded android apps that work great. The sound quality is excellent and there isn't a lot of tablets these days with an HDMI output. Using bridge to control it with a BB10 device is great.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 12:05 AM
    If it is 64GB and less than $50 yes much more no. Think of it now as a big flash drive.
    05-27-15 09:47 AM
    I'm sorry to say this, as I have had the BlackBerry PlayBook since it came out, but it is no longer worth it. You can get much faster android tablets now. But, as always they will never compare in some aspects like quality.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 02:48 PM
    I sell you mine 16 gb. good condition. rapid charger and high definition cable and cover.. $50
    06-11-15 05:41 PM
    It depends on the gb I assume as well, wouldn't it? I'm on the same boat as OP, looking to buy one just for music
    I sell you mine
    06-11-15 06:51 PM

But:
    If you are travelling a lot and connect it to potentially insecure networks (hotspots), then don't buy a PlayBook.
    It had no security updates for more than a year, it is still supporting the insecure SSLv3 and still supporting breakable Cipher suites (with the recently abandoned RC4 algorithm )....
    Check the browser on ssllabs.com... it's vulnerable to POODLE and FREAK attacks.

I am still using it myself, but already started to look for a successor.

Posted via CB10
    Are there any third party browsers available for the Playbook which are being maintained and address these issues?

I have a 64 GB Playbook that I still use regularly (although not nearly as often since I got my Passport) but I am a bit worried about the browser issue and would like to know of there are any options.
    06-20-15 11:38 AM
42 12