I am still having trouble using video chat on my PlayBook. There's two other PlayBooks in the house that can use video chat. We're all connected on the same network and all but whenever I try to call someone I get a "Unable to connect to server" pop up.

I have tried searching the forums to no avail. I even did a security wipe and still nothing. Can anyone help me out please?
    03-13-12 03:23 PM
    I called BlackBerry support and they told me to clear the casche in AppWorld then reload the OS. I have already done that and still no luck.

I really don't want to send in my PlayBook because I use it for work but it looks like that might be the only option left.
    03-13-12 04:17 PM
    Are all the PlayBooks on the same BBID? You can't call between devices with the same BBID.
    03-14-12 07:25 PM
    ^^^^^^^^^

What he said.
    03-14-12 08:10 PM
    I got f'd up using the same bbid.
    03-15-12 07:15 AM
    So it means if you're like a parent and you do all the BBID settings for your children, then you're not allowed to do video chat with your children, right ?

Although the hardware is there and you bought the tablets...
    03-15-12 08:20 AM
    So it means if you're like a parent and you do all the BBID settings for your children, then you're not allowed to do video chat with your children, right ?

Have you tried calling yourself at home? Multiple handsets, one number....
    03-15-12 08:40 AM

You can video chat to your children all you like over PB... however you can't all have the same BBID.

Video Chat uses the BBID as the routing info for the call, so it would be like all having the same telephone number and wondering why that didn't work.

(Hello, hello... damn phone's engaged again... stupid phone!!!)
    Last edited by JeepBB; 03-15-12 at 09:01 AM.
    03-15-12 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD