Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    667 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Step by Step Security Wipe / Reinstall

Like the title says. I cannot find one doing searches. What am I missing?

thks in advance

what are you trying to do exactly?

For the wipe go to settings, security and privacy, security wipe. Use BB Link to reinstall everything if you have backup otherwise the device will be like stock and you can setup as new
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    667 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Doing the security wipe will not remove the OS?

My PlayBook is slowing down, probably lots of excess garbage from loading and deleting many programs. I would like to restore it to it's best configuration and just do fresh installs of the few programs I use on a regular basis.

Thks

no it just deletes personal info from the device
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    667 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Will that speed up the processing or do I need to do a full wipe and reinstall the OS from scratch?
    CrackBerry Abuser

BB Link to reinstall everything. Whoa never ever worked for me? Not on PB anyway. New version locks U out unless it finds a BB10 device.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Powdah View Post
    Will that speed up the processing or do I need to do a full wipe and reinstall the OS from scratch?
    In my experience a security wipe leaves the Playbook flying when you use it again. Personally I never bother backing up anything. If there are files or photos I want, sure I'll drag and drop them to the PC. Otherwise I just reinstall the apps from BB World and upload saved sideloads from the PC as normal.

It's time consuming, but much of it can be left to do overnight anyway.