Hi guys , not to much going on for Storm 2 users so I was thinking to bring some things up and let everybody elaborate about . First speculation is about BB6 : if the main problem is not enough memory to be able to run BB6 because sure press technology then why not provide a BB6 OS able to block the screen like when we have the phone turned off and use it like the BB Torch screen . Should that be enough or is the speed of the processor the main problem . Second speculation about QNX : a lot of posts I was reading about QNX are saying that you will be able to use the internal memory of the phone and we have plenty on our storms to download the applications and use them from there . Also they are saying is a pretty small size OS (don't know how small actualy it is ) so maybe we will be able to fit it on our storms . So what do you think ? We should really think about getting new BB to be able to enjoy all the new goodies or maybe we will be able to get a nice upgrade for this phone ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-10 01:40 PM
    I suspect that if QNX delivers a better experience than OS5 or 6, I'll be more than happy to hand over my credit card for some new hardware. Otherwise, I think I'll jump to Android early next year.
    11-10-10 02:18 PM
    I suspect that if QNX delivers a better experience than OS5 or 6, I'll be more than happy to hand over my credit card for some new hardware. Otherwise, I think I'll jump to Android early next year.
    I couldn't agree more. I am being torn by loving my Storm 2 vs wanting a larger Droid X screen! I just don't feel that the Android O/S is "polished" enough yet. My next phone (my NE2 is June 2011) will definitely be on Verizon and a LTE model. If RIM can wow me with new hardware and O/S, I will stay with them, but if they have nothing really to offer, it's off to Droid I go!
    11-10-10 02:47 PM
    I couldn't agree more. I am being torn by loving my Storm 2 vs wanting a larger Droid X screen! I just don't feel that the Android O/S is "polished" enough yet. My next phone (my NE2 is June 2011) will definitely be on Verizon and a LTE model. If RIM can wow me with new hardware and O/S, I will stay with them, but if they have nothing really to offer, it's off to Droid I go!
    Agreed, Android could use some Simonize!
    11-10-10 02:50 PM
    If you look at the size of the torch os it leaves like 88 mb on the storm before shrinking,I could work with that.How much more can the surepress add?

11-10-10 03:38 PM
    If you look at the size of the torch os it leaves like 88 mb on the storm before shrinking,I could work with that.How much more can the surepress add?

Kind of like updating to the OS5 on the Storm 1. We were left with what? 40MB ? lol.
    11-10-10 04:01 PM
    when will this go down

11-10-10 04:34 PM
    Kind of like updating to the OS5 on the Storm 1. We were left with what? 40MB ? lol.
    Ya just sayin it could work I've got like 93 left now so with some shrinking it would be ok.My storm 1 ran on 5 or less all the time lol

11-10-10 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD