Hi guys,

am loving the support you guys have here, its actually much better than the BB site which is saying something. you guys are awesome.
    this is my issue i have had my playbook for over 5 months, and the more i use it the more slow it feels and becomes, when i want to type the keyboard is sluggish, when i want to type on the address bar nothing happens, the playbook looks at me.
    another issue is that it keeps dropping off my wireless signal for no reason at all.
    Basically i want to know will it help if i hard reset my playbook? or is there another way where i cant loose my data, ebooks, apps and kindle library?
    03-14-13 01:39 AM
    I have nevee run in to this but I would like an amswer if it ever does happen to me.

And if I may add to the OP could I get some preventative maitanance tips to prevent this happening to myself or any interested reader inthe future because I've only owned my playbook for a month...thanks
    03-14-13 09:18 AM
    Try a hard reset first, it might work and can't hurt. If it doesn't work, it may be time to wipe your PB. First, backup your PB, but DON'T do a full backup using Desktop Software. Instead, selectively back up your apps and settings and then manually back up your media files (copy all media folders except Misc to your PC). Then do a security wipe (Settings/Security/Security wipe). After wiping, you'll lose all of your stock apps, but there will be an update available- accept it and this will restore all of the stock apps. Now play around with your PB and see if it seems to run as new, i.e., a whole lot snappier. Now you can restore your apps and settings from your backups and manually restore your media.
    03-14-13 10:57 AM
    Try to keep your free storage (check in Options-About-Hardware-Free Storage) above 1.5GB

Side note: I have 2 PB 16GB.
    Don't know why, but going below 1.2 GB free storage performance went from snappy to barely useable at all.
    Above 1.5GB everything's works just fine.

Maybe ppl with 32/64GB versions could check for similar behaviour.
    03-18-13 08:07 AM
    haha and here I am sitting at 8.8 gigs free after I finish one of my 3 games around a gig I usually delete them because I wil never play them lol.

I def go through my playbook once or twice a week and clear out any apps/pics/videos/podcasts that I don't watch or use.

I want the most amount of storage why doing everything I want/need to do its efficient
    03-18-13 08:57 AM
    I think I may be due a wipe. Things have been a bit ropey since the last update. maybe I should have went with a wipe and clean install rather than an upgrade. I like you keep plenty of spare memory, deleting apps straight away if I don't like them and any other garbage.
    03-19-13 06:53 PM