Does anybody know if there is a way to put the Playbook on sleep mode so it shuts itself off after a certain amount of time? I'd like to have it on the recharging stand to watch tv/listen to music by the bed but inevitably I'll doze off and leave it running.
    02-03-12 11:54 AM
    What you describe is actually the default behaviour of the PlayBook, and it's only because of features in the app you're running that it isn't shutting off within 5 minutes anyway. Apps have to explicitly request that the PlayBook stay on to prevent the automatic standby.

That means your only real option for this is either not to use that particular app, or contact the developer and ask them to provide an option to disable the "keep awake" feature after a specified time.
    02-03-12 12:05 PM
    anybody know of a sleep mode yet or is the answer above still good?
    06-06-12 09:20 AM
    No sleep mode yet but the above isn't necessarily true either . It is true that auto standby is turned of when watching a movie but once the movie is finished the pb will go into standby mode ( don't ask me after how long - I'm sleeping by then .lol)
    06-06-12 04:59 PM
    No apis available for the playbook 'sleep timer' ! I'd love to see the 'auto startup (on chosen time)' from the Blackberry to the playbook
    06-08-12 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD