View Poll Results: Should BB open BOOTROM?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, open BOOTROM

145 91.19%
  • No, don't open BOOTROM

14 8.81%
    Should BB open BOOTROM so we can load android on our playbooks now that BB is not bringing BB10 to the playbook?
    06-28-13 08:37 AM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 08:47 AM
    Definitely yes.
    06-28-13 09:09 AM
    Absolutely

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:31 AM
    Terrible idea, why would they want you to move to a competing platform?
    06-28-13 09:32 AM
    We will still use their device, but we also want a better os until they fix somethings, I guess loading another os temporarily until they fix their os, better than going to another whole device.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:41 AM
    if they dont? dont worry it will be broken. i am working on it. break the bootloader. xsacha told me not to poke my middle finger with the bootloader and i was focussing on writing an exploit. now i am going to do what he told me not to fsck with. "poke your middle finger on the bootloader."
    this is too much.
    thanks
    -paul
    06-28-13 09:44 AM
    Not going to happen considering the platform is QNX which is BB10, OS 2.1. That would be like KFC giving away the 11 herb and spices recipe for free.
    06-28-13 09:44 AM
    Resistance is FUTILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    bootrom will be taken over soon. ;-)
    thanks
    -paul
    06-28-13 09:45 AM
    Yes but they won't. They should so we can update our own device to something better since they are not.
    xantius likes this.
    06-28-13 09:50 AM
    No. Update the Android runtime to 4.2.

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy and El Bori like this.
    06-28-13 09:53 AM
    thanks
    -paul
    Ya I'm sure... No software exploit will do it.
    06-28-13 09:53 AM
    thanks
    -paul
    Haha, I like your optimism. Guess I'll believe it when I see it
    06-28-13 09:55 AM
    Yes... Please...

Even though I doubt it would ever happen from BB's end, i'm sure they would be able to sell the rest of their units like the Palm TouchPad if they were to open the bootrom.
    06-28-13 10:45 AM
    we get leaks for firmware, maybe the leak gods will get us the bootrom.
    06-28-13 10:48 AM
    **** yea, stupid BB killed it anyway!
    06-28-13 10:58 AM
    Will upload pictures of my brand new SHINY GS3. Blackberry I told you that if BB10 doesn't arrive, then I will go elsewhere for a phone. At least I can keep a ******* promise.
    Attached Thumbnails Should BB open BOOTROM so we can load android?-20130628_124505-1-.jpg  
    Last edited by antiRIM; 06-28-13 at 11:54 AM.
    06-28-13 10:59 AM
    we get leaks for firmware, maybe the leak gods will get us the bootrom.
    i have found pads on the board which will help us jtag it. if you know whats jtag then nice. else google it. its too technical and i dont wish to kill the fury of people. having said that. bootloader is in HS mode so this mean jtag is the only option. i am trying to reverse engineer the bootrom which is signed, if you dont know/understand technical terms then no need to stress, we will handle it.
    and then the CPU is same and i have worked with similar cpu before, so i am okay with writing bootloaders. so no need to look @ a bas-**** company which is known as RIM to whole world. we will build the bootloader ourself. as a matter of fact i have finished even making the bootloader and it works on another prototype board.
    both the bootloaders. follow the rooting blackberry sub-forum and the thread started by dr_akula. you will see information spiralling outwards from page 2 onwards. all technical info is there.
    and lastly i am breaking the bootloader take over episode into 3 phases. and first phase is this sunday.
    with jtag there is no question os failing. the question is how to facilitate for the ordinary users who cant jtag. i am trying to invent ways for those. and many more are helping me also from crackberry.com forum mainly synerworks and xsacha and many more unsung heroes who are doing something great with their inspiration and also once a while they pop with a kick @ss "go do it!" pm.
    i am thankful to all those unsung soldiers who are giving me moral support.
    thanks you for reading this post. and a big thanks to those who are encouraging me and even bigger thanks goes to those haters and fan boys!
    cheers!
    thanks!
    -paul
    06-28-13 11:15 AM
    desde luego seria lo mas correcto que el bootloader se rompa y aso miles de usuarios que tenemos la playbook portarlo a otro sistema operativo y asi demostrarle al se�or heins que la comunidad playbook este mas unida que nunca,,,,,,,,,,,boicot a los productos blackberry
    06-28-13 11:29 AM
    Will upload pictures of my brand new SHINY GS3. Blackberry I told you that if BB10 doesn't arrive, then I will go elsewhere for a phone. At least I can keep a ******* promise.
    Well with a name like proRIM, I'm really not surprised, haha
    antiRIM and kbz1960 like this.
    06-28-13 11:44 AM
    It's not going to happen, but by all means, debate the crapola outta it.
    daglesj likes this.
    06-28-13 12:05 PM
    Terrible idea, why would they want you to move to a competing platform?
    Are you kidding us?!?!? Current OS is full of bugs, and they announced that they give up on BB10 OS for playbook... That is why...
    06-28-13 12:13 PM
    Not going to happen considering the platform is QNX which is BB10, OS 2.1. That would be like KFC giving away the 11 herb and spices recipe for free.
    they wouldn't give us the source code, they would only opened bootrom aka disable OS verification...
    06-28-13 12:15 PM
    It's not going to happen, but by all means, debate the crapola outta it.
    mate its working on another device. which is also HS albeit its a dev board. how hard you think it is? i tested the binary which i compiled and it works. why still this attitude? cant you wait till sunday? this sunday i will be doing the hardware op on my playbook 2nd hand 32 gb. jtag has never failed me. i got back even the deadest of dead devices. even service centers said no those devices which i jtagged back to life. just 24 hours more and thats it. my playbook will be jtagged.
    but if you are replying to RIM releasing the key or source? well then i second you. they will never release it. never. so we need to attack it.
    thanks!
    -paul
    06-28-13 12:21 PM
    they wouldn't give us the source code, they would only opened bootrom aka disable OS verification...
    Never gonna happen.
    daglesj likes this.
    06-28-13 12:22 PM
106 123 ...