the battery life on standby on one of my playbooks is a few hours while the ohter one lasts for 2 days or more. ideas anyone - i have done all of the things to save battery life like turn off bluetooth etc.
    02-15-13 06:58 AM
    Kill the android player with that app that fills the ram hence forcing it to quit. I forgot the name
    02-15-13 08:06 AM
    Hey Bob, did this start happening after the recent os update ? That's what is going on with mine. I know for me it has nothing to do with android player but with the update.
    02-15-13 08:35 PM
    Have you tried the Hard Reset yet?
    02-16-13 08:47 AM
    Did the hard reset thing and don't have Android anything - still a problem. Email also now is poor - takes hours before getting any meawhile my phone (9800) gets them all.
    02-16-13 09:52 AM
    Try deleting your accounts: email and other accounts. Press physical power button and then press restart on screen. Once restarted, go and add those email and other accounts back. I'm getting better battery life in standby mode since I did that.
    02-16-13 04:57 PM
    The most recent OS is messing up my battery life.
    02-17-13 09:00 AM
    My battery life was good since new until this update with a 30% drop overnight when in standby. for more than a year the drop overnight has been around 3 or 4 %. I was wondering if the push and manual sync issue had been part of the update.
    02-17-13 12:32 PM
    Having the same issu here as well. For me it was a good argument to switch from my 16gb playbook to the one with 64gb.
    02-17-13 03:34 PM
    Thought it was just me but seems not. Since the update the battery life on my Playbook has taken a nose dive. I've barely used it over the last week and yet it seems to 'bong' low battery every other day. Charged it earlier in the week and left it unused in standby and within a couple of days..'bong bong'. No idea what's causing it. Did a reset and reboot after the update as I always do.
    02-18-13 12:20 AM
    same battery issues here, too, since the update...I'm having to charge this thing every single night, whereas I used to make it thru 2-3 days wigtiut having to charge.

Update FUBAR'd something which is draining the battery.

Going to try and disable Bluetooth and WiFi tomorrow to try and isolate the issue a little further...
    02-18-13 12:31 AM
    Last night mine went from 100% down to 72% in about 8 hours with wifi on which is the way I've always left it with maybe a 3 or 4% drop before the upgrade. With Battery Guru there it shows a lot of activity all night so I'll have to make some changes in my account settings and see if that helps. I'm not sure anymore what the best setting are with the manual sync fault that has been there all along and I don't think that wifi should have to shut off when not in use. Definitely no improvement for me with this update.
    02-18-13 10:47 AM
    Definitely is doing something burning up cpu cycles in the background. Averaged about 0.1W in standby and now 0.23W.
    02-18-13 10:10 PM
    It looks like the problem with mine was the email accounts. I have an imap account with Telus and a gmail. After deleting and re-installing them about 10 times they finally started to work right. the telus imap is the problem. Now the battery life is back to normal but the imap account is asking for the password all the time so it still isn't all right.
    02-19-13 11:26 AM
    My battery is better but still drains at .11w in standby with everything off.
    02-19-13 11:55 AM
    count me in... short battery life after OS update.

BlackBerry 9220/OS7.1.0.398, PlayBook 64GB Wifi/OS2.1.0.1314
    02-19-13 12:37 PM
    Yeah, so back to normal here...all I did was delete the Outlook.com email account profile, and battery life was miraculously extended; no security wipe, no reboot, nothing else.

Haven't bothered to try and re-add it yet, since I don't really use it that much...just glad my PlayBook isn't 'sick' anymore.
    02-20-13 10:54 PM
    I thought it was just me, but I am having a major problem. I left it on charging dock last night with about 15% and went to bed with lightning bolt to signify a charge, Antair nightstand for my display clock and alarm, no other apps running. About 2am I got up and noticed a black screen, instantly thought must be in standby but when I swiped nothing, tried power button, nothing, held down power button and it cycled on to 1% battery......mind you it was on the blackberry charging dock.
    I'm glad it's not just me since the update to 1526 so I will call tomorrow and see what they say.

Also after it charged over night and we'll into the day (never left dock) it had a full charge but later on this evening it was down to 10% and it never moved from where it was............WTH
    Last edited by dakid72; 02-21-13 at 12:02 AM. Reason: More info for problem
    02-20-13 11:53 PM
    this has been happening to mine since the update, i have been wondering why, can it be a bug in the update
    02-21-13 12:26 AM
    Reboot the Playbook.
    02-24-13 07:33 PM
    Thought it was just me but seems not. Since the update the battery life on my Playbook has taken a nose dive. I've barely used it over the last week and yet it seems to 'bong' low battery every other day. Charged it earlier in the week and left it unused in standby and within a couple of days..'bong bong'. No idea what's causing it. Did a reset and reboot after the update as I always do.
    I hate to admit this but the update did affect my battery as well. We have another 64GB which seems unaffected so it may be an email issue. I do have outlook.com so I may look at that. Also I seem to be getting duplicates now overnight. My guess is it is doing some syncing/pushing overnight. I hate to delete Outlook but I know dumping Yahoo made a huge improvement before the update because it was always syncing trying to connect.
    03-01-13 02:42 PM
    Reboot the Playbook.
    Makes no difference nor does changing the sync timing. It must be a server side issue causing an endless connection problem with email.
    03-01-13 02:44 PM
    Finally backed up, wiped, reloaded OS and accounts and restored. Battery is great now but it is 2.5 hours I will never get back.
    03-02-13 07:09 AM
    This is happening to me as well, left it in stand
    by with full charge overnight and its down to 30% this am. I have had to charge more often throughout the day so I was suspicious but this really proved that something is going on. To make things worse my rapped charger is acting up, it isn't getting a good connection. Will try all the recommendations.
    03-03-13 07:18 AM
    There's a thread about this on BlackBerry's forums. Delete your email accounts on your PlayBook, then recreate them. Post back here whether that makes a difference to your battery usage.
    03-03-13 09:06 AM
33 12