Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Andrew4life's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,686 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,687 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Several BB PB Native Apps giving errors (2.1.0.840)

    All of a sudden today, all of my native apps don't work and give one error or another.

    Messages:
    Application Interrupted
    "This application was interrupted. Please close and open it again to continue. (30000)"

    Contacts:
    Application Interrupted
    "This application was interrupted. Please close and open it again to continue. (30000)"


    Calendar:
    Unable to open a PIM session
    "[object MessagesManager] - [SERVICE ERROR4]
    Message: Service Server Error -
    Raw Server Responase Data: {"exc_traceback":"Traceback (most recent call last:\n File
    \"pim/dependencies/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py\",line 1528,in_execute_context\n File
    \"pim/dependencies/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py\",line 327 in do_execute\nsqlite3.DatabaseError::file is encrypted or is not a database\n\nTraceback(most recent call last:\n File \"pin/services/rest.py\",line 85..............................(keeps going)

    Video Chat:
    error-services-failed-title
    error-services-failed (30000)

    Apps that seem fine:
    App World
    Browser
    Non-blackberry apps

    Whats going on?
    Looks like it has to do with server connection issues. Though I tried checking for update and it connected okay and told me I have the most recent software. These errors come up after 10-20 seconds after starting the app. (e.g. For the video chat, I was able to start an audio only video chat connection with someone before the error came up, and even after the error came up, as long as I didn't click okay, I could talk. Though the screen is all greyed out due to the message box, so I can't do anything else.

    I'm running on 2.1.0840 BETA and from what I have heard, I cannot reload this? I also have games with saves that I don't want to lose so I don't want to (nor do I think I can) load to an earlier OS 2.0. I have tried restarting and doing a hard reset, but neither seems to help.

    Anyone else having these issues?
  2. BB_Bmore's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,844 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications
    #2  

    Default

    Have you tried a reboot? How long have you been running the beta? Were you one of the folks who got the 1MB update?

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
  3. Andrew4life's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,686 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,687 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    Have you tried a reboot? How long have you been running the beta? Were you one of the folks who got the 1MB update?

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    I already said that I did a restart. Both using the restart function in the UI as well as holding down the power + VolUp + VolDown.

    I've been running the beta since it came out, and I have not had any updates since the beta was released.
  4. trsbbs's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,197 Posts
    PIN
    BBM is useless to me. Now I can't delete it!
    #4  

    Default

    This beta seems to be causing he11 with many PBs right now.

    DANGER!!!

    Tim
    Verizon Z10 STL100-4 OS: v10.2.1.2141
    Playbook OS v2.1.0.1526
    J.C. BlackBerry, What's your game?
  5. bungaboy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    11,459 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,463 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trsbbs View Post
    This beta seems to be causing he11 with many PBs right now.

    DANGER!!!

    Tim
    First one I have heard of.

    I have been using beta since release and not one issue.

    Are you having issues with it on your PlayBook?
  6. kwm1337's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,224 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,226 Global Posts
    PIN
    Most likely available upon request...
    #6  

    Default

    This is the first I have heard of this as 2.1 beta has been far more stable and reliable for many compared to some of the official releases, but as bungaboy asked, are these issues with the native apps the only issues you are having within the beta build?
  7. rupam95's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    677 Posts
    Global Posts
    794 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    You got a virus on your PlayBook. Reload the OS.
  8. Andrew4life's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,686 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,687 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    Nope. It has also become progressively slower and slower since install. When I first installed OS 2.1.0.840 beta it was fine. Everything worked as it was supposed to (except a few Messages glitch that keeps asking me to enter email password again, but I've had these issues in the past, so we'll ignore)

    First, it got slower and slower, then it didn't recognize my gmail email account, Wifi starting getting spotty, then it crapped out on me this morning with the above app errors.

    I am currently in the process of doing a backup, security wipe, OS update to 2.1.0.840, and restore. Lets see if the problems get fixed.

    EDIT: Okay, so after doing a security wipe and restore, everything seems to work fine now. OMG! IT NO LONGER LAGS! OMFG! The last few weeks have been terrible!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rupam95 View Post
    You got a virus on your PlayBook. Reload the OS.
    Uh....how? Didn't think that was possible.
    Last edited by andrew4life; 09-22-2012 at 10:20 PM.
  9. GreyGhostRos's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    456 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Virus.. Very very unlikely..
    Usually most of these after update bugs seem to get rectified by hard reset or security wipe + reload..
  10. rupam95's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    677 Posts
    Global Posts
    794 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew4life View Post
    Nope. It has also become progressively slower and slower since install. When I first installed OS 2.1.0.840 beta it was fine. Everything worked as it was supposed to (except a few Messages glitch that keeps asking me to enter email password again, but I've had these issues in the past, so we'll ignore)

    First, it got slower and slower, then it didn't recognize my gmail email account, Wifi starting getting spotty, then it crapped out on me this morning with the above app errors.

    I am currently in the process of doing a backup, security wipe, OS update to 2.1.0.840, and restore. Lets see if the problems get fixed.

    EDIT: Okay, so after doing a security wipe and restore, everything seems to work fine now. OMG! IT NO LONGER LAGS! OMFG! The last few weeks have been terrible!!



    Uh....how? Didn't think that was possible.
    If you installed a file on your PlayBook from your computer, such as an android app that is infected, then it is possible for the Playbook to get a virus.
  11. maclawry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    FYI I am having the exact same problem with my blackberry. The OS is at 2.1.0.1088. and yes I have tried rebooting.
  12. Andrew4life's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,686 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,687 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maclawry View Post
    FYI I am having the exact same problem with my blackberry. The OS is at 2.1.0.1088. and yes I have tried rebooting.
    If you continue to get errors, do a backup, security wipe, software reload, restore, and it should be as good as new.
  13. paulschulte's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    I found a solution in the BlackBerry support forums which was simply to remove all accounts and re-add them. In my case, I noticed that my FaceBook account was showing as "not connected". I removed and re-added only that account, and my problem was resolved.
  14. Rj Samuels's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #14  

    Default Delete and re-add accounts

    Had to remove all accounts for your solution to work, but it beats back up, security wipe, reinstall and reload back.

    Grand job and thanks a million

Posting Permissions