with BB10 coming sometime next year......RIM should reward the early adopters of the Playbook with BB10 sooner then the other users. I pre-ordered my Playbook and picked it up the same day they were released.

They have not given anything to us .....so why not give us early adopters BB10 in Oct or Nov. It would be a nice reward to the users that helped put more Playbooks in other people hands, plus the fact that we paid double for our devices.
    MR CANADA., sagec and Nels like this.
    07-19-12 09:37 AM
    They should give u car too then

Eheh

Sent from a beautiful but old BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    IqWaN and rexrim like this.
    07-19-12 09:43 AM
    If BB10 would have been 100% perfect by October or November, they would globally launch it.

But it seems since you feel mistreated with your PlayBook, you want another incomplete product in your hands before it's ready to launch, probably so you can complain some more.
    IqWaN likes this.
    07-19-12 09:48 AM
    Not really much point to release it to "early adopters" only to have it land on a tech blog ripped to shreds and lied about for being "incomplete, half-baked, disaster, etc". And you know they will gleefully like a kid with a baseball bat and a license to vandalize.

Forget it.

They should and, to what I see, will release it when it's complete.
    gravymonster and Just Me like this.
    07-19-12 10:08 AM
    with BB10 coming sometime next year
    January
    RIM should reward the early adopters of the Playbook with BB10 sooner then the other users.
    A "reward" for one group could be considered an insult to another group. RIM REALLY don't need to be pi$$ing off any more potential customers
    They have not given anything to us
    PB2.0 and BB10 coming to all existing Playbooks is technically "something"
    so why not give us early adopters BB10 in Oct or Nov.
    No thanks, I'll have a finished OS please

I'm not entierely sure why people believe they deserve something because they were first to buy a product It's not an Olympic event where there are prizes for first place.
    Nobody forced you to buy the Playbook, it was your choice. I presume you're at least mildly happy with it, or you wouldn't still have it and use it. So I'm not sure why any of us early adopters "deserve" anything special... except for that BB10 OS update when it's available

Si.
    _StephenBB81 and Dim-Ize like this.
    07-19-12 10:12 AM
    What does how much you paid a year and a half ago for anything have any bearing on special treatment now... I too bought my Playbook on the day it was released..... Have thoroghly enjoyed using it... Was I annoyed when the Playbook's price driopped... no... thus is the nature of retail.... I know of few retail items that do not drop in price over time... If RIM had pulled a HP Touchpad..... I woudl be annoyed... but they did not....So I am really confused by the OP....
    07-19-12 10:39 AM
    Two words: fat chance!

BB10 will be on PlayBook some time after the phone launch. And some time in RIM speak can likely mean a long time after.

Based on quotes, they haven't even begun the development to get BB10 on PlayBook. Seems their plan is transition the software over once they have a complete feature set for phones.
    07-19-12 10:58 AM
    It's a thought. But, not going to happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    07-19-12 11:08 AM
    If the OS is in a state where it is fit for release, there is no reason to limit it in anyway, even if they did have some way (dunno if they do or not, I guess they could probably push it to select PBs based on the date they were activated or whatever, but I don't know for sure). If it's not in such a state, it should not be released to any devices, or as mentioned above tech blogs etc. will rip it to shreds and the PB will get even more bad publicity, which it clearly does not need.

Even if they did, I'm sure someone in this community would be able to share it with the others (for example, xsacha has previously provided lists of the URLs of all the files making up an update, allowing people to manually download them all straight from RIMs servers and they can then be installed manually).
    07-19-12 12:30 PM
    I think, once they announce the first BB10 phones they should release BB10 for the PlayBook.
    sagec likes this.
    07-19-12 01:42 PM
    I can understand what you mean, they released the playbook knowing it was half-baked at the time and all us who supported it, put up with lots of things missing from it and the OS which was pretty in all honesty.
    But gradually the updates kept arriving and hey as soon as we get to OS2.0 its still buggy...lol
    Now we are talking about bb10.....(sigh) can i be arsed to go through all that again????? Just gimmie a fantastic OS to match the awesome hardware that is the playbook.
    07-19-12 02:22 PM
    I can understand what you mean, they released the playbook knowing it was half-baked at the time and all us who supported it, put up with lots of things missing from it and the OS which was pretty in all honesty.
    But gradually the updates kept arriving and hey as soon as we get to OS2.0 its still buggy...lol
    Now we are talking about bb10.....(sigh) can i be arsed to go through all that again????? Just gimmie a fantastic OS to match the awesome hardware that is the playbook.
    SO using your logic we should all still be using... Apple OS1.O, Playbook OS 1.0, and Android OS 1.0..... Seriously... half baled??? you obviousley never uses IOS1.0 or Android 1.0... a nightmare.... Playbook 1.0 ran circles around either... was if perfect.. of coiurse not.... but that is why it is 1.0 in te first place....

I guess you figure nothing should be improved or updated..... It really gets tiring reading these types of comments... Why do you think it is called 1.0?????
    07-19-12 03:16 PM
    A reward?

the damage is already done
    07-19-12 03:33 PM
    They could release BB10 with the glitches in it and we can beta test it. $hit....we have been beta testing the existing OS on the Playbook since day 1. It doesnt work the way it should and has it's fair share of glitches!
    07-19-12 03:45 PM
    Another person looking for a freebie from RIM
    ibaboun likes this.
    07-19-12 04:13 PM
    They could release BB10 with the glitches in it and we can beta test it. $hit....we have been beta testing the existing OS on the Playbook since day 1. It doesnt work the way it should and has it's fair share of glitches!
    All that would achieve is terrible reviews on every tech blog, giving the PB and RIM further bad publicity. If people read that BB10 is buggy etc., they won't take note of the fact it is an early beta, they will just take it as "BB10 is crap and buggy", and BB10 will suffer from that. It would be a very poor move to do that. (I'm sure there will be a dev beta before the "official" release, the same as there was for OS 2.0 and 2.1, but I'd say it'll be relatively close to the official release [probably more so than e.g. the 2.1 beta] and be fairly bug free by that point).
    07-19-12 04:19 PM
    All that would achieve is terrible reviews on every tech blog, giving the PB and RIM further bad publicity. If people read that BB10 is buggy etc., they won't take note of the fact it is an early beta, they will just take it as "BB10 is crap and buggy", and BB10 will suffer from that. It would be a very poor move to do that. (I'm sure there will be a dev beta before the "official" release, the same as there was for OS 2.0 and 2.1, but I'd say it'll be relatively close to the official release [probably more so than e.g. the 2.1 beta] and be fairly bug free by that point).
    They could just release the beta like they have done in the past with OS 2.0 & OS 2.1

If you really want to test it out, you're more than welcome to.
    Last edited by rupam95; 07-19-12 at 08:03 PM.
    07-19-12 05:36 PM
    LOL no....
    07-19-12 07:26 PM
    I figure global launch of BB10 full touch with QWERTY shortly after deserves BB10 for PB availability to follow at least in the same quarter. . . I'd be happy with that. . .
    07-19-12 08:10 PM
    SO using your logic we should all still be using... Apple OS1.O, Playbook OS 1.0, and Android OS 1.0..... Seriously... half baled??? you obviousley never uses IOS1.0 or Android 1.0... a nightmare.... Playbook 1.0 ran circles around either... was if perfect.. of coiurse not.... but that is why it is 1.0 in te first place....

I guess you figure nothing should be improved or updated..... It really gets tiring reading these types of comments... Why do you think it is called 1.0?????
    Hi Mate i have had all of the above ipads, droid tabs and playbook, now trust me when i say that the playbook is by far the best out of the lot of them!!!

The point im making is stop harassing RIM and let them put out BB10 complete!

As for the half baked comment, i am a 100% right with it, the OS was rushed out to market to meet deadlines.

Hope this clears up my comment?
    07-21-12 01:55 PM
    I agree, i paid a sh*tload of money for my 64gig playbook a while back and now i cam get one for 200 bucks. Rim should give some kind of reward program for us early pb buyers
    07-24-12 09:05 PM
    I agree, i paid a sh*tload of money for my 64gig playbook a while back and now i cam get one for 200 bucks. Rim should give some kind of reward program for us early pb buyers
    Why the would they do that? You're just mad you bought it when it was so expensive, live with it
    08-10-12 05:32 PM
    Why the would they do that? You're just mad you bought it when it was so expensive, live with it
    Maybe because without people like me (you know who still buy their products when they are released) this company would be dead as a doornail.
    Not to say it was not worth the 650 i payed for it because i could not live without it
    sagec likes this.
    08-10-12 06:11 PM
    Maybe because without people like me (you know who still buy their products when they are released) this company would be dead as a doornail.
    Not to say it was not worth the 650 i payed for it because i could not live without it
    So you're saying that it's somehow your responsibility to help RIM :S They should be helping themselves if you ask me.
    08-12-12 04:53 PM
    Reward with early BB10?
    RIM should give all of us FREE BB10 after what they have done to their users!
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    08-12-12 05:08 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD