Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lonedog
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default RIM, Please Add the Following to the next PB OS Update! Thk you vm....

Please RIM Please! Upon the next PB update, pleases add the following to the device's Settings Menu:

1) When Placed on Charger:

[ ] Do Nothing (i.e., I don't want to see the home screen and or password Login window,...being that I know that my PB is on,...as it's on 24-7)

[ ] Show Home Screen (....if your PB has a password enabled, the Password window will pop-up)

*If none is selected, the device will default to the screen saver's timeout setting when connected to or disconnected from a charging source!

2) When Disconnected From Charging;

[ ] Do Nothing (i.e., Again, I don't want to see the home screen and or password Login window,...being that I know that my PB is on,...as it's on 24-7)

[ ] Show Home Screen (....Again, if your PB has an access password enabled, the Password window will pop-up)

*If none is selected, the device will default to the screen saver's timeout setting when connected to or disconnected from a charging source!

As it stands now, my password pop-up window appears and doesn't go out until the screen saver times out! Also, for the most part, I always select 'Lock" when i park my PB,...and the last thing I want to do e a c h a n d e v e r y t i m e I use my PB is to go through the password drill just to when placing or removing my PB from a charging source.

C'mon RIM,...please giveth us this!

JMD
    ...patiently waiting on the release of BB 10 Devices!
    JMDBerry
    ...BB Z10; OS 10.2.1.1925
    ...Have Blackberry Z10 and Playbook Will Travel~
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts

Guess that's just an issue if you have a password lock on it. I don't have these issues otherwise. Could you shorten your timeout time? (Well...until/when they make these type of changes)
    Thanked by:
    CairnsRock (12-20-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

What's the issue here? You do know you can turn off the password if you don't want to be entering your password every time, don't you? Go to Settings - Security - Password and where it says Enable Password, set it to OFF. Should solve your problem.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lonedog View Post
    What's the issue here? You do know you can turn off the password if you don't want to be entering your password every time, don't you? Go to Settings - Security - Password and where it says Enable Password, set it to OFF. Should solve your problem.
    That's what I was saying in a nutshell
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,977 Global Posts
    PIN
    797F4953 Tab 3

Just press and release the power button. Screen goes out. Bingo.
    Phone too slow? Then you need Flow.

The World's Most Fabulous Crack-Droid!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,668 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lonedog View Post
    The issue isn't the password, the issue is that everytime you put the PB onto the charging dock the PB screen will turn on if it was previously in standby.

It's annoying because:
    1) Playbook is on standby
    2) Put PB onto charging dock
    3) PB screen turns on as if you just swiped it or clicked on the power button
    4) EIther wait for the timeout or manually put the PB into standby again

Yes, I've been peeved at this as well.
    CrackBerry Master

Default RIM, Please Add the Following to the next PB OS Update! Thk you vm....

So does any device you plug in.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,977 Global Posts
    PIN
    797F4953 Tab 3

Default Re: RIM, Please Add the Following to the next PB OS Update! Thk you vm....

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyBC View Post
    So does any device you plug in.
    Yeah no doubt most do. Try it with an iProduct. It you turn it off it will completely turn back on upon being plugged in. That is even worse.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,668 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by axllebeer View Post
    Yeah no doubt most do. Try it with an iProduct. It you turn it off it will completely turn back on upon being plugged in. That is even worse.
    Just because other products do it, doesn't mean the Playbook should follow suit. It should be better than others!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts

If your charger has gone to **** like mine, you will understand why it is important for the screen to light up and thus telling you it is charging. Every now and then the charger doesn't seat perfectly and I wake up to 5% battery. The screen just wakes up to say "I'm charging" not "I turned on to annoy the **** out of you, muhahahahaha, now you must push deeee button, muahhhaaaaa".
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,977 Global Posts
    PIN
    797F4953 Tab 3

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew4life View Post
    Just because other products do it, doesn't mean the Playbook should follow suit. It should be better than others!
    The PlayBook doesn't do it. If your Playbook is off and you plug it in to charge it won't turn on. Thus, better.