If an email is accidently deleted, like Yahoo or Gmail, is there a way to go into the trash folder and grab it? I don't even see a trash folder. Is it hidden?
    03-03-12 02:23 AM
    If your account is IMAP then it relies on server settings. Try to go webmail and check the rules on deletion (mark to delete, move to trash folder, delete forever... ).
    Now, the PB native don't display it so far I know.
    Proper answer bellow, thanks to kg4icg [note that some of my accounts do not display the trash, while the Gmail one does]
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-03-12 at 12:35 PM.
    03-03-12 04:18 AM
    You can see the imap folders in the nastive client. Just hit the folder Icon and it will show you all your Imaped folders.

Last edited by kg4icg; 03-03-12 at 07:46 AM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-03-12 07:41 AM
    kg4icg, I believe your gmail is set up to use ActiveSync (= Google Sync). It is interesting that deleted email actually goes to a trash folder.

Yahoo doesn't support ActiveSync, so a Yahoo account would probably use IMAP. Apparently the PB doesn't handle mail folders for IMAP accounts.

So, it depends on how the account is set up, and how the server handles deletions.

Gmail can be set up as POP, IMAP or ActiveSync. Google's documentation says that deleting messages under an IMAP setup actually archives these messages in gmail.
    03-06-12 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD